Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Registering with Lausanne Commune, work permit for American

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Registering with Lausanne Commune, work permit for American
I am a US citizen in Lausanne. I have a job offer, and I was told inorder for my future employer to proceed with the necessary papers for me to obtain a work permit, I first have to go register with the Commune de Lausanne and file an "attestation de domicile(as proof of an address in Lausanne)." Well, when I went to register, the Commune de Lausanne told me that I must get all the proper papers from my employer before I can register. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I cannot get my papers from my future employer until I register with the Commune. I am now at an impasse and really have no idea how to proceed from here. Has anyone gone through this experience or have any suggestions? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
The text you are quoting:
I am a US citizen in Lausanne. I have a job offer, and I was told inorder for my future employer to proceed with the necessary papers for me to obtain a work permit, I first have to go register with the Commune de Lausanne and file an "attestation de domicile(as proof of an address in Lausanne)." Well, when I went to register, the Commune de Lausanne told me that I must get all the proper papers from my employer before I can register. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I cannot get my papers from my future employer until I register with the Commune. I am now at an impasse and really have no idea how to proceed from here. Has anyone gone through this experience or have any suggestions? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
psyangJun 1, 2007 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 3613 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Registering with Lausanne Commune, work permit for American
Post 1
Only EU nationals can just turn up to register with a copy of their work contract.

Employers who want to hire non-EU nationals have to apply for the permit on your behalf at:

http://www.vd.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/themes/vie_privee/permis_sejours/fichiers_doc/PE_Etats_tiers_formule_1350.dot

They need to provide job description, your cv, and should be prepared to prove that they couldnt find a suitable local. They will get a decision letter which you can then take to the communal office.
The text you are quoting:
Only EU nationals can just turn up to register with a copy of their work contract.

Employers who want to hire non-EU nationals have to apply for the permit on your behalf at:

http://www.vd.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/themes/vie_privee/permis_sejours/fichiers_doc/PE_Etats_tiers_formule_1350.dot

They need to provide job description, your cv, and should be prepared to prove that they couldnt find a suitable local. They will get a decision letter which you can then take to the communal office.
wilycoyote, Jun 1, 2007 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 3613 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form