Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Tax related query

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tax related query

Hi all,

I have heard from a colleague that as expats we can avail for a deduction of some 18000 CHF per year in our tax declaration for the first 6 years in switzerland. But when I called the tax office to enquire about the same, they gave me a very confusing answer.

Does anyone know about this or succeeded in obtaining it ? What are the conditions to be eligible for this deduction ?

Does anyone know a good fiduciare around Lausanne area who can help me with this ? Preferably english speaking and dealing with expats ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Hozè

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I have heard from a colleague that as expats we can avail for a deduction of some 18000 CHF per year in our tax declaration for the first 6 years in switzerland. But when I called the tax office to enquire about the same, they gave me a very confusing answer.

Does anyone know about this or succeeded in obtaining it ? What are the conditions to be eligible for this deduction ?

Does anyone know a good fiduciare around Lausanne area who can help me with this ? Preferably english speaking and dealing with expats ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Hozè

hozeNov 17, 2009 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1964 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Tax related query
Post 1

Hey Hoze!

Long time no see :)

Yes I know this is something that exists, it even used to have a deduction code called "OW Expat" if I remember correctly...

I do not know if it depends on your canton (but I guess it is...), you can find some interesting info here: http://www.taxation.ch/File/PDF/Expat_allowances.pdf

Cheers!

Jérôme

The text you are quoting:

Hey Hoze!

Long time no see :)

Yes I know this is something that exists, it even used to have a deduction code called "OW Expat" if I remember correctly...

I do not know if it depends on your canton (but I guess it is...), you can find some interesting info here: http://www.taxation.ch/File/PDF/Expat_allowances.pdf

Cheers!

Jérôme

desmeulesj, Jan 22, 2010 @ 16:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1964 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form