Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Theory Courses in English for new dog owners in Lausanne Area

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Theory Courses in English for new dog owners in Lausanne Area

Dear friends,

soon we'll have a new member in our family; a cute golden retriever. As every other lucky dog owner, we need to take a theory course to own a dog. Does anyone know, if there is any trainer in Lausanne area that offers this training in English?

I've seen a similar thread opened for Geneva but I couldn't find any located near Lausanne. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Bora

The text you are quoting:

Dear friends,

soon we'll have a new member in our family; a cute golden retriever. As every other lucky dog owner, we need to take a theory course to own a dog. Does anyone know, if there is any trainer in Lausanne area that offers this training in English?

I've seen a similar thread opened for Geneva but I couldn't find any located near Lausanne. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Bora

Bora BApr 6, 2010 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1406 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Theory Courses in English for new dog owners in Lausanne Area
Post 1

Hi Bora,

I was just wondering if you found out any more info about the theory test. My partner and I are hoping to adopt a dog later in the summer, My partner is french, so he can do the test! do you know what kind of questions they ask? I would be very grateful for any info you could provide and I hope your retriever is settling in well into your home.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Julie.

Hi Bora,

I was just wondering if you found out any more info about the theory test. My partner and I are hoping to adopt a dog later in the summer, My partner is french, so he can do the test! do you know what kind of questions they ask? I would be very grateful for any info you could provide and I hope your retriever is settling in well into your home.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Julie.

Julie Dowling, May 15, 2010 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Julie,

we were able to bypass the theory test as my wife used to have a dog before. If you or your partner had a dog before, you could probably skip this part. Even if you need to do it, I don't expect a tough test at all. As far as I know, they show a couple of hours long presentation to tell you the very basics. In the end, it is not even called a theory test, it is a theory class. I am not sure, if they ask questions at all.

Good luck and let me know, if you have any questions. We spent the first 6 days with our puppy and falling into love with him every second :)

Bora

Hi Julie,

we were able to bypass the theory test as my wife used to have a dog before. If you or your partner had a dog before, you could probably skip this part. Even if you need to do it, I don't expect a tough test at all. As far as I know, they show a couple of hours long presentation to tell you the very basics. In the end, it is not even called a theory test, it is a theory class. I am not sure, if they ask questions at all.

Good luck and let me know, if you have any questions. We spent the first 6 days with our puppy and falling into love with him every second :)

Bora

Bora B, May 16, 2010 @ 08:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Bora,

Thanks for your info, really appreciate it! I have a lot more stuff to research such as license, health assurance, vaccinations, microchipping, nearest vet and all the other things a dog needs. If I come to a standstill with one of these issues, I might need to throw some more questions at you and ask you of your experience with it.

Thanks again and hope ye have a happy healthy future with your new lovable addition!!

Julie.

Hi Bora,

Thanks for your info, really appreciate it! I have a lot more stuff to research such as license, health assurance, vaccinations, microchipping, nearest vet and all the other things a dog needs. If I come to a standstill with one of these issues, I might need to throw some more questions at you and ask you of your experience with it.

Thanks again and hope ye have a happy healthy future with your new lovable addition!!

Julie.

Julie Dowling, May 16, 2010 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1406 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form