Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Where to get piece of wood cut (Lausanne to Montreux area)?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to get piece of wood cut (Lausanne to Montreux area)?
Hi,

I need to get some wooden supports made for a bed that has lost part of its base. What is needed is actually very simple, just a couple of blocks of wood cut to an exact height, with a groove cut in the top.

I was thinking there must be some sort of wood cutting place where I could get this made. I can easily draw a diagram of what is needed. I don't think I really need a "carpenter" as (to me) this implies a level of sophistication that isn't necessary.

Does anyone know where I could get this done? Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the wood somewhere like Hornbach where they would also do the (very simple) cutting.

Thanks for the help :-)

Cheers
Kathy

The text you are quoting:
Hi,

I need to get some wooden supports made for a bed that has lost part of its base. What is needed is actually very simple, just a couple of blocks of wood cut to an exact height, with a groove cut in the top.

I was thinking there must be some sort of wood cutting place where I could get this made. I can easily draw a diagram of what is needed. I don't think I really need a "carpenter" as (to me) this implies a level of sophistication that isn't necessary.

Does anyone know where I could get this done? Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the wood somewhere like Hornbach where they would also do the (very simple) cutting.

Thanks for the help :-)

Cheers
Kathy

kathylSep 1, 2009 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2537 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to get piece of wood cut (Lausanne to Montreux area)?
Post 1
 Kathy - drop JamesT a line - he's bound to know as he is Mr DIY (he would probably do it for you!) CCx
 Kathy - drop JamesT a line - he's bound to know as he is Mr DIY (he would probably do it for you!) CCx
Carolyn C, Sep 1, 2009 @ 17:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Your two closest options (if you are in Lausanne) are:

Obi in Renens (best selection)
Coop Brico at Lemans Centre

Each of them have a lumber cutting service.

Best to take a slat with you and ask them to copy it.

If you are down at the end of the lake, you can go to the Hornbach in Villeneuve.
Your two closest options (if you are in Lausanne) are:

Obi in Renens (best selection)
Coop Brico at Lemans Centre

Each of them have a lumber cutting service.

Best to take a slat with you and ask them to copy it.

If you are down at the end of the lake, you can go to the Hornbach in Villeneuve.

Verbier, Sep 1, 2009 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 Hi Kathy - James says, yes he has bits of wood in his garage and you're more then welcome to rummage through his piles!!  Just let him know measurements and he has a little saw, a couple of axes and a work bench and a tape measure and a set square!

Far more fun than going to Obi!

I'll drop you his work email privately :-)
 Hi Kathy - James says, yes he has bits of wood in his garage and you're more then welcome to rummage through his piles!!  Just let him know measurements and he has a little saw, a couple of axes and a work bench and a tape measure and a set square!

Far more fun than going to Obi!

I'll drop you his work email privately :-)
Carolyn C, Sep 1, 2009 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2537 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form