Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > "A Demon in My View" By Ruth Rendell (crime thriller)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
"A Demon in My View" By Ruth Rendell (crime thriller)
It's not new. It was published in 1976 but I took it from Payot because it was a tiny book perfect for bus or train reading. Besides, it got the Crime Writer's Association's Golden Dagger award.

Ruth Rendell stories are more of whydunnits than whodunnits. It's great because she delves deeper into the psyche of the mad killer rather than just revealing a motive and a murder weapon at the end of the book. You know who's the baddie, but WHY he does what he does is further explored.

In "A Demon in My View" the reader is given a peek into the life of a man who, to his acquaintances, seems very proper and clean and yet has no qualms about poking helpless babies with safety pins, getting in the way of true love, and getting off on murder. Ewww.

Creepy.
The text you are quoting:
It's not new. It was published in 1976 but I took it from Payot because it was a tiny book perfect for bus or train reading. Besides, it got the Crime Writer's Association's Golden Dagger award.

Ruth Rendell stories are more of whydunnits than whodunnits. It's great because she delves deeper into the psyche of the mad killer rather than just revealing a motive and a murder weapon at the end of the book. You know who's the baddie, but WHY he does what he does is further explored.

In "A Demon in My View" the reader is given a peek into the life of a man who, to his acquaintances, seems very proper and clean and yet has no qualms about poking helpless babies with safety pins, getting in the way of true love, and getting off on murder. Ewww.

Creepy.
ClementineMar 28, 2006 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1173 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 1173 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form