Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > A swedish movie - Katri help me on the title!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A swedish movie - Katri help me on the title!!
Me and my friend started doing an intercultural movie exchange a while back, and we started watching italian and finnish/scandinavian movies, to .. get to know the countries cultures a bit better.
And i saw this swedeish movie (with subtitles) and i fell in love with it.
It's about how complex it is sometimes, going back home, when you've been away for long and building a separate life. Especially when you haven't been back for a while, and no-one recognizes you, understands what you've become and why. It's all about struggling to comunicate the love and affection that is still there but ... lost in 'memories' and 'stereotypes' of what you used to be and u are not anymore.

I've been thinking about it a lot, since the feeling is SO familiar, and it came back to my mind these days that i am having this long awaited for family re-union.
Family memebers and cousins that I haven't seen since i was 13 ...
And sad butt true ... even thou we feel that we are close .. it's hard to express. And it's hard not to hurt each other while talking or doing unexpected things ...

And yeah we do boast about how grown up, mature, and happy we are comparing work results and who parties the hardest ...

Oh well. Just a thought. Great movie and worth watching it (if katri can help me with the title!!)

Vale
The text you are quoting:
Me and my friend started doing an intercultural movie exchange a while back, and we started watching italian and finnish/scandinavian movies, to .. get to know the countries cultures a bit better.
And i saw this swedeish movie (with subtitles) and i fell in love with it.
It's about how complex it is sometimes, going back home, when you've been away for long and building a separate life. Especially when you haven't been back for a while, and no-one recognizes you, understands what you've become and why. It's all about struggling to comunicate the love and affection that is still there but ... lost in 'memories' and 'stereotypes' of what you used to be and u are not anymore.

I've been thinking about it a lot, since the feeling is SO familiar, and it came back to my mind these days that i am having this long awaited for family re-union.
Family memebers and cousins that I haven't seen since i was 13 ...
And sad butt true ... even thou we feel that we are close .. it's hard to express. And it's hard not to hurt each other while talking or doing unexpected things ...

And yeah we do boast about how grown up, mature, and happy we are comparing work results and who parties the hardest ...

Oh well. Just a thought. Great movie and worth watching it (if katri can help me with the title!!)

Vale
HoilingMar 29, 2007 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 958 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A swedish movie - Katri help me on the title!!
Post 1
...any time dear :)
...any time dear :)
Katri, Apr 2, 2007 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
still not viewing the Scandinavian alphabet correctly it seems :)
still not viewing the Scandinavian alphabet correctly it seems :)
Katri, Apr 2, 2007 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
just send me an email to arrange when and where to pick it up. Don't think I've seen it in the video stores here.
just send me an email to arrange when and where to pick it up. Don't think I've seen it in the video stores here.
Katri, Apr 3, 2007 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 958 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form