Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > About the movie "DEMAIN", the debate and tips for making our world a better place to live for you, and your children

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
About the movie "DEMAIN", the debate and tips for making our world a better place to live for you, and your children

Thank you all guys who attended the movie and/or the debate. Any comment and tip you want to post regarding the movie, please just do it.

A bref roundup. We saw a diversity of sustainable and actual experiences of people renewing their ways to live together, and on different scales. Scales of cities, network of companies and countries and this, on five relevant thematics.

1° Food, urban garden, and permaculture : how to associate plants so that to preserve the soil, to improve the quality and quantity of crops. Relevant experiences saw in Detroit (USA).

2° Energy : How cities (Copenhagen) is on its way of becoming autonomous in energy, recyling nearly everything. How some companies reinvest everything in a sustainbable fashion, and for the wellbeing of employees and citizen.

3° Economy : How with local monney, cities and companies are becoming more resilient. They reinforce their social network, developp their own ressources. However they are not isolated from markets at a larger scale and can use national money and euro. The idea of creating a worldwide currency has been thought for only what we need to exchange at this level.

4°Politic : In Iceland, we saw how citizens fired their goverment, and rewrite a Constitution for their country. They want keep under control the power of politiciens. Transparency of costs, use of taxes. Decision making : On what ground, knowledge, experience a decision is made, and for what goal ? How will it be sustainable and good for citizens ? People are elected randomly (like jury). It shows that they dedicate themselves to the job very conscientiously.

5° Education : Finland has the best score on Pisa tests. Why ?
Teachers have a master degree in pedagogy where they learn how the brain works, how children learn. They explore all kind of alternative pedagogies like Montessorie, Freinet,...
In an urban city, we saw an ordinary school with 45% of foreigners
15 children per class + an assistant who helps children in need.

Childreen learn all kind of things (manual activities, cooking, knitting...) and not only intellectuel disciplines.

End of roundup.

Please feel free to complete my roundup or to correct any of my mistakes. Thanks.

Thank you suggesting good ideas, addresses, issues or any activity related to a beautiful, good and meaningful life :-)
Link to the film :
https://www.demain-lefilm.com/

The text you are quoting:

Thank you all guys who attended the movie and/or the debate. Any comment and tip you want to post regarding the movie, please just do it.

A bref roundup. We saw a diversity of sustainable and actual experiences of people renewing their ways to live together, and on different scales. Scales of cities, network of companies and countries and this, on five relevant thematics.

1° Food, urban garden, and permaculture : how to associate plants so that to preserve the soil, to improve the quality and quantity of crops. Relevant experiences saw in Detroit (USA).

2° Energy : How cities (Copenhagen) is on its way of becoming autonomous in energy, recyling nearly everything. How some companies reinvest everything in a sustainbable fashion, and for the wellbeing of employees and citizen.

3° Economy : How with local monney, cities and companies are becoming more resilient. They reinforce their social network, developp their own ressources. However they are not isolated from markets at a larger scale and can use national money and euro. The idea of creating a worldwide currency has been thought for only what we need to exchange at this level.

4°Politic : In Iceland, we saw how citizens fired their goverment, and rewrite a Constitution for their country. They want keep under control the power of politiciens. Transparency of costs, use of taxes. Decision making : On what ground, knowledge, experience a decision is made, and for what goal ? How will it be sustainable and good for citizens ? People are elected randomly (like jury). It shows that they dedicate themselves to the job very conscientiously.

5° Education : Finland has the best score on Pisa tests. Why ?
Teachers have a master degree in pedagogy where they learn how the brain works, how children learn. They explore all kind of alternative pedagogies like Montessorie, Freinet,...
In an urban city, we saw an ordinary school with 45% of foreigners
15 children per class + an assistant who helps children in need.

Childreen learn all kind of things (manual activities, cooking, knitting...) and not only intellectuel disciplines.

End of roundup.

Please feel free to complete my roundup or to correct any of my mistakes. Thanks.

Thank you suggesting good ideas, addresses, issues or any activity related to a beautiful, good and meaningful life :-)
Link to the film :
https://www.demain-lefilm.com/

Rene GAug 7, 2016 @ 12:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

19 Replies | 3585 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: About the movie "DEMAIN", the debate and tips for making our world a better place to live for you, and your children
Post 1

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much once again for attending the movie evening and showing your interest in the different subjects. Your participation was so positive and warm.

As I promised, I am posting some weblinks that may be interesting to those who want to go on searching and experimenting.

This is the movie website; they have a page describing possible actions to take and projects that are already going on.

https://www.demain-lefilm.com/apres-demain/les-projets

This is a website announcing  trainings sessions about "permaculture"

http://www.permaculture.ch/

And this is an association who sells permaculture products.

http://www.directdujardin.ch/index.html

I will go on posting similar news every week, if possible. If somebody has questions or wants help to organize something:

Silvia Fabiani [email protected] 0041 78 611 37 12

Cheers everybody... I wish you a green week! :-)

Silvia

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much once again for attending the movie evening and showing your interest in the different subjects. Your participation was so positive and warm.

As I promised, I am posting some weblinks that may be interesting to those who want to go on searching and experimenting.

This is the movie website; they have a page describing possible actions to take and projects that are already going on.

https://www.demain-lefilm.com/apres-demain/les-projets

This is a website announcing  trainings sessions about "permaculture"

http://www.permaculture.ch/

And this is an association who sells permaculture products.

http://www.directdujardin.ch/index.html

I will go on posting similar news every week, if possible. If somebody has questions or wants help to organize something:

Silvia Fabiani [email protected] 0041 78 611 37 12

Cheers everybody... I wish you a green week! :-)

Silvia

Silvia Fabiani, Aug 7, 2016 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: About the movie "DEMAIN", the debate and tips for making our world a better place to live for you, and your children
Post 2

Hi everyone, here is a nice event about "Permaculture" : acutally a Permaculture festival!Open to everybody. Maybe I will create an event on the Glocals "things to do" page.

" SI ON FAIT AUTREMENT

Un joyeux festival des alternatives locales et écologiques

SAMEDI 10 SEPT. 2016 - Place du Scex - SION"

Green kisses :-)

Hi everyone, here is a nice event about "Permaculture" : acutally a Permaculture festival!Open to everybody. Maybe I will create an event on the Glocals "things to do" page.

" SI ON FAIT AUTREMENT

Un joyeux festival des alternatives locales et écologiques

SAMEDI 10 SEPT. 2016 - Place du Scex - SION"

Green kisses :-)

Silvia Fabiani, Aug 18, 2016 @ 09:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi there, 

Thanks Sylvia for the tip. 

Here is website link to the festival : 
http://sionfaitautrement.ch/

Best :-)

Hi there, 

Thanks Sylvia for the tip. 

Here is website link to the festival : 
http://sionfaitautrement.ch/

Best :-)

Rene G, Aug 19, 2016 @ 09:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

thank you René ;-)

thank you René ;-)

Silvia Fabiani, Aug 19, 2016 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Dear Rene,

Where can I see the film Demain? I live in Lausanne. Is it available online? I have not been able to find it and am sorry I missed your screening. 

Thanks!

Dear Rene,

Where can I see the film Demain? I live in Lausanne. Is it available online? I have not been able to find it and am sorry I missed your screening. 

Thanks!

jill s, Aug 20, 2016 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello! The movie Demain is sold on dvd... otherwise  you can order it by contacting   the distributor (Filmcoopi Zurich,  all infos available on the movie website ;-) Cheers,  Silvia

Hello! The movie Demain is sold on dvd... otherwise  you can order it by contacting   the distributor (Filmcoopi Zurich,  all infos available on the movie website ;-) Cheers,  Silvia

Silvia Fabiani, Aug 21, 2016 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Would it be possible to organise another viewing of Demain? I personally woudl love to have attended but was on holiday that week. I am sure there are other people who woudl be interested but who were also away. I am sure we can all pass the word on to our friends and contacts to get  more people to come along! 

Just an idea.

THNX

Hilary 

Would it be possible to organise another viewing of Demain? I personally woudl love to have attended but was on holiday that week. I am sure there are other people who woudl be interested but who were also away. I am sure we can all pass the word on to our friends and contacts to get  more people to come along! 

Just an idea.

THNX

Hilary 

hermes, Aug 22, 2016 @ 10:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Dear Hilary and Jill, I am so glad that this wonderful and useful movie awakes so much interest among Glocals members. Now, to organize a public session is quite expensive (a movie session is regarded as "public" if 20 people or more do attend). I did it already once and cannot afford more; further to this, I have very little spare time in the next weeks. Now, the movie DVD is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.fr/Demain-Mélanie-Laurent/dp/B018ID4YIE or via the distributor Filmcoopi Zurich http://www.filmcoopi.ch/contact_fr.html ; so (this is only a suggestion)  some of you may get it  and organize private sessions (less than 20 people attending). Then, just stay in touch via this forum; I am planning to organize more activities about the movie, like for exemple: debates, visit of projects inspired by the movie in Switzerland.. and so on! 

Best (green) regards :-)

Silvia

Dear Hilary and Jill, I am so glad that this wonderful and useful movie awakes so much interest among Glocals members. Now, to organize a public session is quite expensive (a movie session is regarded as "public" if 20 people or more do attend). I did it already once and cannot afford more; further to this, I have very little spare time in the next weeks. Now, the movie DVD is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.fr/Demain-Mélanie-Laurent/dp/B018ID4YIE or via the distributor Filmcoopi Zurich http://www.filmcoopi.ch/contact_fr.html ; so (this is only a suggestion)  some of you may get it  and organize private sessions (less than 20 people attending). Then, just stay in touch via this forum; I am planning to organize more activities about the movie, like for exemple: debates, visit of projects inspired by the movie in Switzerland.. and so on! 

Best (green) regards :-)

Silvia

Silvia Fabiani, Aug 22, 2016 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

OK Great - thank you for the tips Sylvia and the insights and awareness of the film.

Best regards to you too,

Hilary

OK Great - thank you for the tips Sylvia and the insights and awareness of the film.

Best regards to you too,

Hilary

hermes, Aug 22, 2016 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Jill, Hilary, 

If some people show their interest (20 to 30 is a good range), I am willing to consider the possibility to plan another a cine-debate with the movie "Demain". 

It is still quite a job. We must find a place. For instance, if the number is not important, we can't book the Vapiano's mezzanine. If the Vapiano is chosen, people must grab something to eat and to drink... A Snuday at 6pm would be a convenient day for them, and for me. 

The idea of debating afterward is interesting too... Should you suggest a place where an uncertain number of people of people can watch a DVD, I would think of it more. Let's see if some people show their interests, and suggest some ideas. 

Thanks for your interest. Best regards. 

René. 

Hello Jill, Hilary, 

If some people show their interest (20 to 30 is a good range), I am willing to consider the possibility to plan another a cine-debate with the movie "Demain". 

It is still quite a job. We must find a place. For instance, if the number is not important, we can't book the Vapiano's mezzanine. If the Vapiano is chosen, people must grab something to eat and to drink... A Snuday at 6pm would be a convenient day for them, and for me. 

The idea of debating afterward is interesting too... Should you suggest a place where an uncertain number of people of people can watch a DVD, I would think of it more. Let's see if some people show their interests, and suggest some ideas. 

Thanks for your interest. Best regards. 

René. 

Rene G, Aug 23, 2016 @ 00:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Rene

I know of a couple of places - give me a couple of days to see if we could use their place and will get back to you.

Kindest,

Hilary 

Hi Rene

I know of a couple of places - give me a couple of days to see if we could use their place and will get back to you.

Kindest,

Hilary 

hermes, Aug 23, 2016 @ 00:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
The Green Table - Summary of the session of September 10th 2016 

Dear participants of the French-English Conversation Exchange!

The first « Green Table » meeting took place last Saturday inside the FR-EN exchange and in total respect of its rules. ;-) 
The discussion was so rich and the subjects so varied that it is impossible to summarize it completely; however, I’ll try to sort the most important points.
Hot subjects like: OGM, nuclear power plants, traditional versus industrial agricultural methods, 
massive use of antibiotics in fish and animal farms, were briefly discussed. Even social and philosophical issues like human selfishness, importance of caring for future generations, and importance of education were mentioned. Someone said that even economists who only understand money problems begin to think that damages caused by climate changes are too expensive, and that mankind must find a solution.
We found some easy and good methods to produce less plastic waste. 
Among them: 
- Keep a reusable shopping bag, a hard plastic cup and a light metal bottle in your handbag or in your backpack, in order to avoid waste of plastic cups and bottles.  
- If possible, refuse single use objects like cutlery, dishes, food packages.
- When you buy in supermarkets, look for the « recyclable » symbol on the package (three arrows forming a triangle). 
Try to avoid useless packaging (for example, fruits packed one by one).
Sort your waste and recycle PET, aluminum, cardboard and glass containers - but DO NOT WASH THEM before disposal (because this causes waste of drinkable water).
If you notice massive production of plastic waste in a restaurant, protest! Write a letter to the marketing department of the restaurant chain, or to Société Romande des Consommateurs.

The next green table will probably take place on Saturday, September 25th.  

Have a green week… :-) Silvia

The Green Table - Summary of the session of September 10th 2016 

Dear participants of the French-English Conversation Exchange!

The first « Green Table » meeting took place last Saturday inside the FR-EN exchange and in total respect of its rules. ;-) 
The discussion was so rich and the subjects so varied that it is impossible to summarize it completely; however, I’ll try to sort the most important points.
Hot subjects like: OGM, nuclear power plants, traditional versus industrial agricultural methods, 
massive use of antibiotics in fish and animal farms, were briefly discussed. Even social and philosophical issues like human selfishness, importance of caring for future generations, and importance of education were mentioned. Someone said that even economists who only understand money problems begin to think that damages caused by climate changes are too expensive, and that mankind must find a solution.
We found some easy and good methods to produce less plastic waste. 
Among them: 
- Keep a reusable shopping bag, a hard plastic cup and a light metal bottle in your handbag or in your backpack, in order to avoid waste of plastic cups and bottles.  
- If possible, refuse single use objects like cutlery, dishes, food packages.
- When you buy in supermarkets, look for the « recyclable » symbol on the package (three arrows forming a triangle). 
Try to avoid useless packaging (for example, fruits packed one by one).
Sort your waste and recycle PET, aluminum, cardboard and glass containers - but DO NOT WASH THEM before disposal (because this causes waste of drinkable water).
If you notice massive production of plastic waste in a restaurant, protest! Write a letter to the marketing department of the restaurant chain, or to Société Romande des Consommateurs.

The next green table will probably take place on Saturday, September 25th.  

Have a green week… :-) Silvia

Silvia Fabiani, Sep 12, 2016 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hello all,

I just noticed this post today and I wanted to just inform you that in the spirit of 'Demain', there is a weekend event on the 24th/25th Sept near Annecy, France organized by the 'Transition Citoyenne' movement which you can read more about here:

http://www.transitioncitoyennesemnoz.org/agenda/forum-des-alternatives-3e-journees-de-la-transition-salon-des-therapies-alternatives

Bonne journee!

Anisah

Hello all,

I just noticed this post today and I wanted to just inform you that in the spirit of 'Demain', there is a weekend event on the 24th/25th Sept near Annecy, France organized by the 'Transition Citoyenne' movement which you can read more about here:

http://www.transitioncitoyennesemnoz.org/agenda/forum-des-alternatives-3e-journees-de-la-transition-salon-des-therapies-alternatives

Bonne journee!

Anisah

Anisah A, Sep 12, 2016 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

thank you Anisah it sounds very interesting. I'll check if I can find some car sharing option. ;-) have a green day

thank you Anisah it sounds very interesting. I'll check if I can find some car sharing option. ;-) have a green day

Silvia Fabiani, Sep 13, 2016 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi everyone! 

For those who have missed the projection of  the movie "Demain" at Vapiano last August:

The movie will be projected again tomorrow evening, 8 PM, at La Julienne, Route de Saint-Julien 116, 1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland.

And here is a summary of the last Green Table discussion:

Theme: mobility

Once more a very rich and interesting discussion took place!

Thanks to the participants who brought a lot of interesting informations, I learned that:

- USA encourage car-sharing: a car transporting more than one passenger may use a preferential track and thus drive easier.

- FRENCH COMPANIES encourage car-sharing: some companies offer better parking places to employees who share their car. Some even offer a participation in expenses (fuel and so on) to car-sharers.

So what are we waiting for in Switzerland? :-(

We also spoke about public transport in big cities: in Paris talks are going on about forbidding driving inside the city-center. In Milano car circulation has already been limited.  This is not easy for everyone: low-income citizens living in the suburbs cannot drive to their work anymore, shops located in the city center loose most of their customers. 

If cars are not allowed inside the city, solutions must be found: large parking areas on the outskirts, effective public transport. Subway is obviously the best means of transport, but the construction of subway lines is expensive and difficult. Some cities are developing aerial tramway lines!

At this point, as the usual, I asked: what can each one of us do about mobility?

I suggested a change of habits: « slowing down », planning our days and weeks in a more reasonable (and less stressful) way.

The next green table will take place on next Saturday October 1st, 5 PM.

Theme: Education - Obedient or responsible?

Have a green week :-)

Hi everyone! 

For those who have missed the projection of  the movie "Demain" at Vapiano last August:

The movie will be projected again tomorrow evening, 8 PM, at La Julienne, Route de Saint-Julien 116, 1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland.

And here is a summary of the last Green Table discussion:

Theme: mobility

Once more a very rich and interesting discussion took place!

Thanks to the participants who brought a lot of interesting informations, I learned that:

- USA encourage car-sharing: a car transporting more than one passenger may use a preferential track and thus drive easier.

- FRENCH COMPANIES encourage car-sharing: some companies offer better parking places to employees who share their car. Some even offer a participation in expenses (fuel and so on) to car-sharers.

So what are we waiting for in Switzerland? :-(

We also spoke about public transport in big cities: in Paris talks are going on about forbidding driving inside the city-center. In Milano car circulation has already been limited.  This is not easy for everyone: low-income citizens living in the suburbs cannot drive to their work anymore, shops located in the city center loose most of their customers. 

If cars are not allowed inside the city, solutions must be found: large parking areas on the outskirts, effective public transport. Subway is obviously the best means of transport, but the construction of subway lines is expensive and difficult. Some cities are developing aerial tramway lines!

At this point, as the usual, I asked: what can each one of us do about mobility?

I suggested a change of habits: « slowing down », planning our days and weeks in a more reasonable (and less stressful) way.

The next green table will take place on next Saturday October 1st, 5 PM.

Theme: Education - Obedient or responsible?

Have a green week :-)

Silvia Fabiani, Sep 27, 2016 @ 14:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Dear Silvia,

The "green tables" you mention interest me.  Where can I find more information?

Dear Silvia,

The "green tables" you mention interest me.  Where can I find more information?

tawb, Sep 27, 2016 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

simply ask me... the green table takes place at Vapiano restaurant, on the first floor; we generally begin at 5 PM and go on... until everyone is tired. The space and the rules are those of the French/English conversation exchange; the only difference is that  talks are  focused on environment, ecology, sustainable economy and so on. Warning: the green table does not take place every Saturday, but rahter avery 2 weeks,  because I often travel for my work.

So if you want to join, you are welcome. ;-)

simply ask me... the green table takes place at Vapiano restaurant, on the first floor; we generally begin at 5 PM and go on... until everyone is tired. The space and the rules are those of the French/English conversation exchange; the only difference is that  talks are  focused on environment, ecology, sustainable economy and so on. Warning: the green table does not take place every Saturday, but rahter avery 2 weeks,  because I often travel for my work.

So if you want to join, you are welcome. ;-)

Silvia Fabiani, Sep 28, 2016 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

This post is dedicatd to all those who showed an interest in the topic: "How to produce less plastic waste". An association called "Change.org" launched a petition asking Swiss supermarkets to stop packaging fruit and vegetables one by one (a practice that obviously produces tons of plastic waste).

https://www.change.org/p/migros-ch-pour-que-les-fruits-et-légumes-bio-ne-soient-plus-emballés-en-suisse?recruiter=210343651&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

I'll be back on Saturday October 15th.

Green cheers!  :-)

This post is dedicatd to all those who showed an interest in the topic: "How to produce less plastic waste". An association called "Change.org" launched a petition asking Swiss supermarkets to stop packaging fruit and vegetables one by one (a practice that obviously produces tons of plastic waste).

https://www.change.org/p/migros-ch-pour-que-les-fruits-et-légumes-bio-ne-soient-plus-emballés-en-suisse?recruiter=210343651&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

I'll be back on Saturday October 15th.

Green cheers!  :-)

Silvia Fabiani, Oct 6, 2016 @ 16:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hello everyone,

I'll have to stay away from the group for awhile, due to "flood" of professional engagements... but I'll be back for sure before the end of November! In the meanwhile, enjoy this very intelligent video by clicking or pasting following link into your browser https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos/1176873649014759/

Cheers, Silvia

Hello everyone,

I'll have to stay away from the group for awhile, due to "flood" of professional engagements... but I'll be back for sure before the end of November! In the meanwhile, enjoy this very intelligent video by clicking or pasting following link into your browser https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos/1176873649014759/

Cheers, Silvia

Silvia Fabiani, Nov 4, 2016 @ 09:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
19 Replies | 3585 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form