Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Africa they never show you!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Africa they never show you!
 was randomly browsing the net when I found this video. Think what you want! ;-)
The text you are quoting:
 was randomly browsing the net when I found this video. Think what you want! ;-)
JustinOct 13, 2009 @ 20:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 2344 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Africa they never show you!
Post 1
 I hope I will have the chance to visit this great country one day
 I hope I will have the chance to visit this great country one day

adela muresan, Oct 14, 2009 @ 23:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 is this site going mad???why do I have to post 3 times before my thread appears??? :-,well, I said...  hope you will. actually Africa is not a "country"...or not yet! :-)another effect of the medias? :-)
 is this site going mad???why do I have to post 3 times before my thread appears??? :-,well, I said...  hope you will. actually Africa is not a "country"...or not yet! :-)another effect of the medias? :-)
Justin, Oct 15, 2009 @ 00:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thank you Justin!
People should know what the media doesn't tell/ hint to  them...
Thank you Justin!

Danusia, Oct 16, 2009 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jan 1, 70 01:00
sadly this is the terrible contrast one can't avoid there. but many people here can't imagine how proud they are in spite of their condition.

sadly this is the terrible contrast one can't avoid there. but many people here can't imagine how proud they are in spite of their condition.

Justin, Oct 16, 2009 @ 21:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thank you Justin!

Oct 16, 09 20:57
indeed, personally I don't like the tendency of western media to present only one part of the story. for what interest, I do not understand? do most people like (consciously or unconciously)bad or sad news?

indeed, personally I don't like the tendency of western media to present only one part of the story. for what interest, I do not understand? do most people like (consciously or unconciously)bad or sad news?

Justin, Oct 16, 2009 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I feel the same way as you!!  I despise the highly manipulative Western media for only telling what THEY want you to know...journalists/newscasters especially  appear to be puppets for the governments that have agendas....television is a great invention, but sadly misused!!!!  I only believe 40% of what they say....you just have to use common sense if you can, but they also like to try to change what common sense is, unfortunately....
I feel the same way as you!!  I despise the highly manipulative Western media for only telling what THEY want you to know...journalists/newscasters especially  appear to be puppets for the governments that have agendas....television is a great invention, but sadly misused!!!!  I only believe 40% of what they say....you just have to use common sense if you can, but they also like to try to change what common sense is, unfortunately....

Danusia, Oct 16, 2009 @ 22:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

No Justin is not an effect of the medias is just a mistake I've done in writing.
I know Africa is not a country,I dont know why I wrote that.  Anyway I can say I know something about Africa, since I have a bf from Nigeria and Im very interestead about life there, mentality, people, culture, religion.Now im reading a very interesting book, its writen by Chris Abani, maybe you already read it, cause this author is very well known in Africa, or at least in Nigeria.A good friend of mine, who worked and lived In Africa gave it to me.

No Justin is not an effect of the medias is just a mistake I've done in writing.
I know Africa is not a country,I dont know why I wrote that.  Anyway I can say I know something about Africa, since I have a bf from Nigeria and Im very interestead about life there, mentality, people, culture, religion.Now im reading a very interesting book, its writen by Chris Abani, maybe you already read it, cause this author is very well known in Africa, or at least in Nigeria.A good friend of mine, who worked and lived In Africa gave it to me.

adela muresan, Oct 18, 2009 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
 Hi,

Very interesting.. I can totally relate to what that feels like, when the media portrays your country/continent in a rather stereotypical way.. I come from a city where the apartment rates equal Geneva.. and I still get the odd, "have you guys seen this/that??"
Good on you.. Peace..   K :-)
 Hi,

Very interesting.. I can totally relate to what that feels like, when the media portrays your country/continent in a rather stereotypical way.. I come from a city where the apartment rates equal Geneva.. and I still get the odd, "have you guys seen this/that??"
Good on you.. Peace..   K :-)
Kunalito, Oct 19, 2009 @ 01:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I don`t see what this vid is supposed to show. Yes, they have buildings in Africa even modern ones. Did you really think Africa was just slums and tribes in huts? If you look around with your eyes open and start using your brain while watching/reading stuff you can get a pretty okay idea of what`s going on around the world. Sure the media uses stereotypes and pictures to prove their point, but it's still up to each one what to do with this.

I don`t see what this vid is supposed to show. Yes, they have buildings in Africa even modern ones. Did you really think Africa was just slums and tribes in huts? If you look around with your eyes open and start using your brain while watching/reading stuff you can get a pretty okay idea of what`s going on around the world. Sure the media uses stereotypes and pictures to prove their point, but it's still up to each one what to do with this.

Surfmoe, Dec 20, 2009 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thank you for the video!!! coming from South America, i understand how most Europeans think our cities are.... and what they want to find.....

Thank you for the video!!! coming from South America, i understand how most Europeans think our cities are.... and what they want to find.....

ruisenor, Dec 21, 2009 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Actually the link (Africa they never show you) has been on Kakis profile for a  while now thank you Justin for highlighting it. Yes the media manipulates what  want people see and hear about, may be to serve their masters.

For example having come from the land of the BIG FIVE, THE LAND OF SAFARI i always encounter very interesting questions like, "Do you all in Kenya live in Maasai kind of houses?, Do you have air conditioning?, what happens when it rains?, wont the lions, cheetahs and Leopards eat you people in the jungle?"

I cant blame them because they are all products of media manipulation, yes we live with wild animals, but we respect each other! For example Nairobi being the only city in the world with a wild animal park is not always seen in that light and you wont even hear anything about it except the obvious challenges which face ant developing city in the world.

Its a pity that the world is not allowed to discover these gems and why countries like Kenya are rated the best film desinations in the world outside Hollywood!Its high time we discovered the world.

Ever heard of the magic of Africa?

Actually the link (Africa they never show you) has been on Kakis profile for a  while now thank you Justin for highlighting it. Yes the media manipulates what  want people see and hear about, may be to serve their masters.

For example having come from the land of the BIG FIVE, THE LAND OF SAFARI i always encounter very interesting questions like, "Do you all in Kenya live in Maasai kind of houses?, Do you have air conditioning?, what happens when it rains?, wont the lions, cheetahs and Leopards eat you people in the jungle?"

I cant blame them because they are all products of media manipulation, yes we live with wild animals, but we respect each other! For example Nairobi being the only city in the world with a wild animal park is not always seen in that light and you wont even hear anything about it except the obvious challenges which face ant developing city in the world.

Its a pity that the world is not allowed to discover these gems and why countries like Kenya are rated the best film desinations in the world outside Hollywood!Its high time we discovered the world.

Ever heard of the magic of Africa?

Gichana, Dec 21, 2009 @ 20:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 2344 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form