Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Books: A long way down and I am Charlotte Simmons

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Books: A long way down and I am Charlotte Simmons
Ok, this are the books I just finished during easter break.
They are not top complexity litterature but ..
I love Nick Horby. in General, and this book, a Long Way Down .. is really one of the best Hornby I read.About .. what makes people jumping down a building or what makes them not in our modern age ... everyone is a bit mad inside, isn;t it?
The second one is the new Novel by Tom Wolfe. I read the Bonfire of Vanities and I liked is cynical style, so when I saw this one in the paper back edition.. I decided to go for it.
The language and stlye didn't disappoint me. Tom Wolfe is sharp and cynical and .. not a bad modern writer .. the story .. well I guess it was "functional" to the style and concept he wanted to send.
Not bad in the end but not too good either.
NOw I am moving on something more Economic: the world is flat.
Will report when I am done.

Val
The text you are quoting:
Ok, this are the books I just finished during easter break.
They are not top complexity litterature but ..
I love Nick Horby. in General, and this book, a Long Way Down .. is really one of the best Hornby I read.About .. what makes people jumping down a building or what makes them not in our modern age ... everyone is a bit mad inside, isn;t it?
The second one is the new Novel by Tom Wolfe. I read the Bonfire of Vanities and I liked is cynical style, so when I saw this one in the paper back edition.. I decided to go for it.
The language and stlye didn't disappoint me. Tom Wolfe is sharp and cynical and .. not a bad modern writer .. the story .. well I guess it was "functional" to the style and concept he wanted to send.
Not bad in the end but not too good either.
NOw I am moving on something more Economic: the world is flat.
Will report when I am done.

Val
HoilingApr 20, 2006 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1275 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Books: A long way down and I am Charlotte Simmons
Post 1
the electric cool aid acid trip by tom wolfe is by far the best of his that I've read. Its the true story of the beginning of the hippy movement and ken kesey (fellow who wrote One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest). Excellent book. One of those extremely rare books which cause complete strangers who've read it too to say something to you (either congratulatory or conspiratorially) if they see you reading it.
the electric cool aid acid trip by tom wolfe is by far the best of his that I've read. Its the true story of the beginning of the hippy movement and ken kesey (fellow who wrote One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest). Excellent book. One of those extremely rare books which cause complete strangers who've read it too to say something to you (either congratulatory or conspiratorially) if they see you reading it.
Singean, Apr 21, 2006 @ 01:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Books: A long way down and I am Charlotte Simmons
Post 2
thanks for the suggestion!

Val - spring is here, nothing better then suntanning on a rock while reading.
thanks for the suggestion!

Val - spring is here, nothing better then suntanning on a rock while reading.
Hoiling, Apr 21, 2006 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1275 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form