Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Broken Flowers- Slow, agonizing torture

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Broken Flowers- Slow, agonizing torture
Saw The new Jim Jarmush movie "Broken Flowers" 2 days ago.
According to the critics, this was supposed to be Jim Jarmush's "Best and most complete movie" so I was pretty excited about it.
Unfortunately for me and the other viewers, the movie is kind of slow. To be more precise- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS in this movie.
The story is weak, the acting anemic, and the pace non-existant.
Help me out here- Does this movie suck or is it me??
The text you are quoting:
Saw The new Jim Jarmush movie "Broken Flowers" 2 days ago.
According to the critics, this was supposed to be Jim Jarmush's "Best and most complete movie" so I was pretty excited about it.
Unfortunately for me and the other viewers, the movie is kind of slow. To be more precise- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS in this movie.
The story is weak, the acting anemic, and the pace non-existant.
Help me out here- Does this movie suck or is it me??
SiteAdmin OdedOct 22, 2005 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1602 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Broken Flowers- Slow, agonizing torture
Post 1
Me2 went to see this movie with hopes but I was very desappointed..i would have prefered to see a distracting action movie than this nothing happening thing. Usually, i like original movies but here really, no. The "waiting" impression is well done (like when he drinks champaign alone) but that doesnt make a good movie! I must admit I thought the music was really great..but then, better to buy the CD and listen at home than go to the movie theatre or worse, rent the DVD and fall asleep (except you can put the dvd on hold on the the Lolita scene ;-)
Me2 went to see this movie with hopes but I was very desappointed..i would have prefered to see a distracting action movie than this nothing happening thing. Usually, i like original movies but here really, no. The "waiting" impression is well done (like when he drinks champaign alone) but that doesnt make a good movie! I must admit I thought the music was really great..but then, better to buy the CD and listen at home than go to the movie theatre or worse, rent the DVD and fall asleep (except you can put the dvd on hold on the the Lolita scene ;-)
JiMEGA, Oct 23, 2005 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...but I loved it. Murray was great and somehow the atmosphere of the movie reminded me of another great film with Murray in the leading role, Lost in Translation. This is the kind of movie that's more about the characters and situations than about a plot moving forward. I loved the absurd humour in dialogue and how the characters interacted - it was so funny and touching.
...but I loved it. Murray was great and somehow the atmosphere of the movie reminded me of another great film with Murray in the leading role, Lost in Translation. This is the kind of movie that's more about the characters and situations than about a plot moving forward. I loved the absurd humour in dialogue and how the characters interacted - it was so funny and touching.
Katri, Oct 29, 2005 @ 03:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Lost in Translation - Murray plays a guy essentially bored with his life in tokyo - loved it, saw it a few times. Japan is extreme but the feeling of just missing something due to coming form a different culture was captured perfectly for me. Thought him and Scarlet Johanessen were great together.

The Life Aquatic - Murray plays an over the hill adventurer bored with his life and trying to recapture youth - rushed to see this based on Lost in Translation and great critic reviews for Murray... what a mistake. Is Murray trying to be typecast as a man who plays bored men. Bored, confused, what was the point?

Broken Flowers - Murray is a former Don Juan who again plays much of the movie as a bored man (except for the Lolita scene when his eyebrows raise). Again, bored, confused, what was the point?
Lost in Translation - Murray plays a guy essentially bored with his life in tokyo - loved it, saw it a few times. Japan is extreme but the feeling of just missing something due to coming form a different culture was captured perfectly for me. Thought him and Scarlet Johanessen were great together.

The Life Aquatic - Murray plays an over the hill adventurer bored with his life and trying to recapture youth - rushed to see this based on Lost in Translation and great critic reviews for Murray... what a mistake. Is Murray trying to be typecast as a man who plays bored men. Bored, confused, what was the point?

Broken Flowers - Murray is a former Don Juan who again plays much of the movie as a bored man (except for the Lolita scene when his eyebrows raise). Again, bored, confused, what was the point?
Singean, Jan 22, 2006 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1602 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form