Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
DreamGirls
One of the last movie i saw was DreamGirls. And although i was really sceptic about Beyoce's acting skill, I have to say that i loved the movie.
I still like Jennifer Hudson much more the Beyonce' for the acting and teh voice, but i also think it's because of her charachter. All in all, great music (if you like the likes of Diana Ross and MoTown style) ... really really realistic story (my parents love that music and told me the history of motown and own the original LP ... ) ...
and really great movie. Another good transposition of a musical on the big screen.

Now a survey, if you've seen it .. which one is ur favourite song?
I can't decide between One night only and .. I'm telling you I'm not going. And i can't stop listening to either ....

Vale (I will catch up on movies on the flight back and i promise I will report to GOLers :) )
The text you are quoting:
One of the last movie i saw was DreamGirls. And although i was really sceptic about Beyoce's acting skill, I have to say that i loved the movie.
I still like Jennifer Hudson much more the Beyonce' for the acting and teh voice, but i also think it's because of her charachter. All in all, great music (if you like the likes of Diana Ross and MoTown style) ... really really realistic story (my parents love that music and told me the history of motown and own the original LP ... ) ...
and really great movie. Another good transposition of a musical on the big screen.

Now a survey, if you've seen it .. which one is ur favourite song?
I can't decide between One night only and .. I'm telling you I'm not going. And i can't stop listening to either ....

Vale (I will catch up on movies on the flight back and i promise I will report to GOLers :) )
HoilingMar 29, 2007 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 922 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: DreamGirls
Post 1
...is my favourite. jennifer hudson is great on that one, and (almost) reaches the original version.

alex
...is my favourite. jennifer hudson is great on that one, and (almost) reaches the original version.

alex
Quijote, Mar 29, 2007 @ 13:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
but i can't help loving the lyrics of One night only

(we've got one night only, only night only you'll be the only one, only night only, that's all i have to spare, only night only let's not pretend to care ...)

Vale
but i can't help loving the lyrics of One night only

(we've got one night only, only night only you'll be the only one, only night only, that's all i have to spare, only night only let's not pretend to care ...)

Vale
Hoiling, Mar 29, 2007 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
or any memories. I just love the direct and to the point concept.

V
or any memories. I just love the direct and to the point concept.

V
Hoiling, Mar 29, 2007 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Listen - It didnt make an impression on me when i heard it in the movie coz i was a bit put off by the way beyonce kept puffing her cheeks everytime she said the word "crossroads" but after, listening to the soundtrack it made me get goosebumps...especially when played really LOUD

Love you I do - Because i just love good ol fashioned happy tunes about love...
Listen - It didnt make an impression on me when i heard it in the movie coz i was a bit put off by the way beyonce kept puffing her cheeks everytime she said the word "crossroads" but after, listening to the soundtrack it made me get goosebumps...especially when played really LOUD

Love you I do - Because i just love good ol fashioned happy tunes about love...
tweety, Mar 29, 2007 @ 19:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I roared out with laughter when i read that description, it is so spot on.....I do love that song though.
I roared out with laughter when i read that description, it is so spot on.....I do love that song though.
bookworm, Apr 11, 2007 @ 01:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 922 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form