Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Flight of the Phoenix? More like turkey methinks.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Flight of the Phoenix? More like turkey methinks.
Okay, we rented Flight of the Phoenix last night and I was really disappointed.
I'll admit that the opening and closing action scenes were dramatic with crashing planes and chasing horsemen but the middle was dull. What happened?
Can anyone recommend a good movie to rent that's actually worth the money?!
The text you are quoting:
Okay, we rented Flight of the Phoenix last night and I was really disappointed.
I'll admit that the opening and closing action scenes were dramatic with crashing planes and chasing horsemen but the middle was dull. What happened?
Can anyone recommend a good movie to rent that's actually worth the money?!
sarahminchinDec 18, 2005 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1370 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Flight of the Phoenix? More like turkey methinks.
Post 1
Alone in the Dark with Christian Slater and Stephen Dorff (both of whom I think are excellent) star in this terrible film. Your first clue that it is rotten tomato worthy is Tara Reid plays someone smart. The script, the dialogue, the fact it is based on a video game are all big, neon red, flashing signs that it is a crap film not even worth the rental fee. I wish I had listened to my friends and imdb before renting it. Just don't even go there!

On the other hand, I highly recommend Elf, though if you're not American, a lot of the pop culture references will pass you by. Keebler Elves, anyone?
Alone in the Dark with Christian Slater and Stephen Dorff (both of whom I think are excellent) star in this terrible film. Your first clue that it is rotten tomato worthy is Tara Reid plays someone smart. The script, the dialogue, the fact it is based on a video game are all big, neon red, flashing signs that it is a crap film not even worth the rental fee. I wish I had listened to my friends and imdb before renting it. Just don't even go there!

On the other hand, I highly recommend Elf, though if you're not American, a lot of the pop culture references will pass you by. Keebler Elves, anyone?
misskate, Dec 18, 2005 @ 18:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Flight of the Phoenix? More like turkey methinks.
Post 2
Now I probably would have fallen for that as I am a big fan of Christian Slater - thanks for the warning!
Have heard that Elf is worth watching but you may be right about the Americanisms, being a Brit they would probably go right over my head.
On another note I saw King Kong yesterday, good escapist watching. The visual effects are spectacular, especially the planes around the Empire State Building.
Now I probably would have fallen for that as I am a big fan of Christian Slater - thanks for the warning!
Have heard that Elf is worth watching but you may be right about the Americanisms, being a Brit they would probably go right over my head.
On another note I saw King Kong yesterday, good escapist watching. The visual effects are spectacular, especially the planes around the Empire State Building.
sarahminchin, Dec 19, 2005 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1370 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form