Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > GOL at Brokeback Mountain

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
GOL at Brokeback Mountain
Hehe...didnt know quite where 2 put this...Activities Reviews or here...

Well a bunch of us GOL ppl decided to check out the hype on Brokeback Mountain...it was cool to watch this movie 2gether, esp wen Quijote showed up with "the straight guy's guide to watching Brokeback Mountain"..extremely helpful.

Good movie, the acting was superb, Ang Lee kept all his HongKong style direction in curb so we had a really nice love story to follow. Some of us were not too sure that the Oscar accolades are well-deserved tho and I wud agree. The movie tells the story but little else...or maybe I had little to relate to a couple of gay cowboys?

Best parts for me?
1. Michelle Williams' acting
2. "I wish I knew how to quit you..." line fm Jake Gyllanhal
3. Ennis smelling Jack's shirt while on his ranch.
4. Double D going out and coming back in to try to sit with another group of people, in a completely different row.
5. Turi's reactions to the movie.

: )
The text you are quoting:
Hehe...didnt know quite where 2 put this...Activities Reviews or here...

Well a bunch of us GOL ppl decided to check out the hype on Brokeback Mountain...it was cool to watch this movie 2gether, esp wen Quijote showed up with "the straight guy's guide to watching Brokeback Mountain"..extremely helpful.

Good movie, the acting was superb, Ang Lee kept all his HongKong style direction in curb so we had a really nice love story to follow. Some of us were not too sure that the Oscar accolades are well-deserved tho and I wud agree. The movie tells the story but little else...or maybe I had little to relate to a couple of gay cowboys?

Best parts for me?
1. Michelle Williams' acting
2. "I wish I knew how to quit you..." line fm Jake Gyllanhal
3. Ennis smelling Jack's shirt while on his ranch.
4. Double D going out and coming back in to try to sit with another group of people, in a completely different row.
5. Turi's reactions to the movie.

: )
TiggerFeb 8, 2006 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1618 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: GOL at Brokeback Mountain
Post 1
...glad it's good, will go see it. thanks for the review!
...glad it's good, will go see it. thanks for the review!
Nir Ofek, Feb 8, 2006 @ 19:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I agree with you Tigger - but would add Heath Ledger's accent. So often Hollywood accents are not great - but for an Aussie, I thought he did a very fine cowboy drawl. I wasn't sure though - was that Jack's shirt he was smelling, or was it Ennis' shirt that Jack had kept from years earlier ?
I agree with you Tigger - but would add Heath Ledger's accent. So often Hollywood accents are not great - but for an Aussie, I thought he did a very fine cowboy drawl. I wasn't sure though - was that Jack's shirt he was smelling, or was it Ennis' shirt that Jack had kept from years earlier ?
chaddy, Feb 9, 2006 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
?'re right Chaddy, his accent (done by means of speaking with his mouth almost completely closed during the entire movie) was gr8!...incomprehensible, but gr8 (muuuuuccchhhh better than the british thingy he was trying 2 do for A Knight's Tale)

re: the shirts, i think there were 2 shirts, no? the two of them, under each other, like "hugging"?
?'re right Chaddy, his accent (done by means of speaking with his mouth almost completely closed during the entire movie) was gr8!...incomprehensible, but gr8 (muuuuuccchhhh better than the british thingy he was trying 2 do for A Knight's Tale)

re: the shirts, i think there were 2 shirts, no? the two of them, under each other, like "hugging"?
Tigger, Feb 9, 2006 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
is needed on that one. I hope it does OK at the Oscars, but not sweep the board.
is needed on that one. I hope it does OK at the Oscars, but not sweep the board.
chaddy, Feb 9, 2006 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
The shirts that Ennis smells at Jack's place are actually 2. The jeans one belonging to Jack and the squared one belong to him (Ennis). In fact when they live Brokeback mountain the first time, Ennis says "I can't believe I left my favourite shirt up there". In fact, Jack took it and put the shirts together to symbolize their ever lasting love.

The fight scene actually was the real time when the two characters really showed their feeling and how hard it was for them to deal with a love that was totally unknown to them.
The shirts that Ennis smells at Jack's place are actually 2. The jeans one belonging to Jack and the squared one belong to him (Ennis). In fact when they live Brokeback mountain the first time, Ennis says "I can't believe I left my favourite shirt up there". In fact, Jack took it and put the shirts together to symbolize their ever lasting love.

The fight scene actually was the real time when the two characters really showed their feeling and how hard it was for them to deal with a love that was totally unknown to them.
manuaggi, Feb 9, 2006 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1618 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form