Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Kafka on the Shore - Murakami

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Kafka on the Shore - Murakami
If you are looking for an original, very twisted, completely surreal, "what the heck was that all about" kind of book don't hesitate and go get your copy of Hakura Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". Murakami is gaining an international reputation as one of Japan's best authors. Best well known for his other works (which I have not read and therefore cannot comment on) some might find Kafka on the Shore just a little too weird, as despite all the twists and turns in the book you should not expect an "all the mysteries have been solved" ending, but an open "think what you want" end. If you are fine with this open up your copy to enjoy the story of a very original and bizarre 15 year old boy running away from home, with the most twisted (as in out of this world) family history, an old man that can talk to cats and my personal favorite: Yoshimi (I think is the name..), a very well created young truck driver, as normal a guy as you can imagine, thrown into the very centre of the web of strange events and characters that populate the pages of this book.
The text you are quoting:
If you are looking for an original, very twisted, completely surreal, "what the heck was that all about" kind of book don't hesitate and go get your copy of Hakura Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". Murakami is gaining an international reputation as one of Japan's best authors. Best well known for his other works (which I have not read and therefore cannot comment on) some might find Kafka on the Shore just a little too weird, as despite all the twists and turns in the book you should not expect an "all the mysteries have been solved" ending, but an open "think what you want" end. If you are fine with this open up your copy to enjoy the story of a very original and bizarre 15 year old boy running away from home, with the most twisted (as in out of this world) family history, an old man that can talk to cats and my personal favorite: Yoshimi (I think is the name..), a very well created young truck driver, as normal a guy as you can imagine, thrown into the very centre of the web of strange events and characters that populate the pages of this book.
Crazy_LlamaFeb 26, 2006 @ 23:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1481 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Kafka on the Shore - Murakami
Post 1
All his books are fascinating. I would rate "Kafka" in his top three, along with "South of the Border, West of the Sun" and "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" - the latter is a masterpiece.

If you want more information, take a look at www.murakami.ch
The text you are quoting:
All his books are fascinating. I would rate "Kafka" in his top three, along with "South of the Border, West of the Sun" and "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" - the latter is a masterpiece.

If you want more information, take a look at www.murakami.ch
Fukamidori, Mar 13, 2006 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1481 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form