Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Last Days (DVD review)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Last Days (DVD review)
Being a good fan of Gus Van Sant more than Nirvana and/or Kurt Cobain itself I finally rent the film "Last Days" that is sold as a tragedy freely inspired on Kurt Cobain last days.

The first comment it deserves is that it is not a typical blockbuster movie and some (not to say most) of the people will regret seeing it if they are not fully aware about that. It is definitely more like an 'art' movie (wherever that may be).

Second comment is that it is the last movie of the director's trilogie about death. Opened with "Gerry", sequeled by "Elephant" and ended by this. In comparison with Elephant it is much more experimental and uneasy.

Third and final comment before I end my comment trilogie. Apparently the meaning of "inspired by" really means "inspired". I tried to connect the movie references to the real life characters without much of a success. In a search on the internet it seems that no reference were made to the group members or to Courtney Love, although some characters may present some ressemblance.

Overall the movie is very technical (Well directed, magnificent picture) but way to slow and almost no dialogues. In case you won't sleep during the movie, you will see the uniqueness of some of the top moments of the movie.
The text you are quoting:
Being a good fan of Gus Van Sant more than Nirvana and/or Kurt Cobain itself I finally rent the film "Last Days" that is sold as a tragedy freely inspired on Kurt Cobain last days.

The first comment it deserves is that it is not a typical blockbuster movie and some (not to say most) of the people will regret seeing it if they are not fully aware about that. It is definitely more like an 'art' movie (wherever that may be).

Second comment is that it is the last movie of the director's trilogie about death. Opened with "Gerry", sequeled by "Elephant" and ended by this. In comparison with Elephant it is much more experimental and uneasy.

Third and final comment before I end my comment trilogie. Apparently the meaning of "inspired by" really means "inspired". I tried to connect the movie references to the real life characters without much of a success. In a search on the internet it seems that no reference were made to the group members or to Courtney Love, although some characters may present some ressemblance.

Overall the movie is very technical (Well directed, magnificent picture) but way to slow and almost no dialogues. In case you won't sleep during the movie, you will see the uniqueness of some of the top moments of the movie.

zenbrainNov 28, 2005 @ 13:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1135 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 1135 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form