Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
MUSIC PRACTICE/BAND

Hello! 

I am Alessandro from Rome, Italy, living in Geneva since September. Since i really miss playing music (i play drums), I am looking for musicians who would like to share some time playing together! Just for the fun of it!

Text me if interested!!

The text you are quoting:

Hello! 

I am Alessandro from Rome, Italy, living in Geneva since September. Since i really miss playing music (i play drums), I am looking for musicians who would like to share some time playing together! Just for the fun of it!

Text me if interested!!

Alessandro TNov 8, 2019 @ 16:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

22 Replies | 4393 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: MUSIC PRACTICE/BAND
Post 1

Ciao Alessandro

What kind of music & playing your fancy of?

How long have you've been playing?

I'm also looking for musicians - I pay guitar, bass and sing.

Let me know.

BR

Ciao Alessandro

What kind of music & playing your fancy of?

How long have you've been playing?

I'm also looking for musicians - I pay guitar, bass and sing.

Let me know.

BR

alberto hevello, Nov 25, 2019 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I sing and am also looking for people to play with. I sing folk/jazz/rock/pop. Let me know :)

I sing and am also looking for people to play with. I sing folk/jazz/rock/pop. Let me know :)

Laila M, Nov 26, 2019 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I already answered you in the PMs, but just so other people can see:

I'm also interested in playing and I play the bass. :)

I already answered you in the PMs, but just so other people can see:

I'm also interested in playing and I play the bass. :)

Adrian H, Nov 26, 2019 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Adrian abd Alessandro

Thank you for replying and your interest.

Are you based in GVA and how long have you been playing?

As explained to Alessandro, the main goal is to put a band together for playing gigs, not only rehearsing. There is plenty of material- the songs in my page are very old and I’ve working and recording other more actual stuff.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve played live and I believe it is time to perform again.

Yes we might rent a rehearsal room but it will be convenient to understand each others interests and capabilities first, don’t you think?

If you have something recorded of yours to share, it’ll be   easier for starting. I can share more tunes also.

Best

Hi Adrian abd Alessandro

Thank you for replying and your interest.

Are you based in GVA and how long have you been playing?

As explained to Alessandro, the main goal is to put a band together for playing gigs, not only rehearsing. There is plenty of material- the songs in my page are very old and I’ve working and recording other more actual stuff.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve played live and I believe it is time to perform again.

Yes we might rent a rehearsal room but it will be convenient to understand each others interests and capabilities first, don’t you think?

If you have something recorded of yours to share, it’ll be   easier for starting. I can share more tunes also.

Best

alberto hevello, Nov 27, 2019 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Alberto,

I'm living in Grand Lancy - so basically Geneva and I've been playing for something like 10 years.

Actually, my answer was to Alessandro and his proposal of some casual jamming with the possibility with something more serious growing out of that.
If you are looking for musicians to play some of your original pieces, then I might also be interested in that, but it would be nice to hear some recording or get a general idea of what you have in mind, first.

If you want to have an idea of on which level I'm playing - I don't have any recent recording with a band, but I have snippets of me jamming with other people, that I could PM you.

Ciao
Adrian

Hi Alberto,

I'm living in Grand Lancy - so basically Geneva and I've been playing for something like 10 years.

Actually, my answer was to Alessandro and his proposal of some casual jamming with the possibility with something more serious growing out of that.
If you are looking for musicians to play some of your original pieces, then I might also be interested in that, but it would be nice to hear some recording or get a general idea of what you have in mind, first.

If you want to have an idea of on which level I'm playing - I don't have any recent recording with a band, but I have snippets of me jamming with other people, that I could PM you.

Ciao
Adrian

Adrian H, Dec 1, 2019 @ 21:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your response.

I’d like to chat with you, so please call me at 0799470319

Maybe we could set up something initially at my home studio and eventually find a place to rehearse with drums if that works.

Best

Al

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your response.

I’d like to chat with you, so please call me at 0799470319

Maybe we could set up something initially at my home studio and eventually find a place to rehearse with drums if that works.

Best

Al
alberto hevello, Dec 2, 2019 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Adrian and Alberto,

I saw your thread: I played the drums for a while (still have an electronic drum kit here in Geneva) and recently switched to the cajon. I don't know for how long I will stay in Geneva, but I would like to find some people to play music with. Let me know if that could work!

Cheers,

Floor

Hi Adrian and Alberto,

I saw your thread: I played the drums for a while (still have an electronic drum kit here in Geneva) and recently switched to the cajon. I don't know for how long I will stay in Geneva, but I would like to find some people to play music with. Let me know if that could work!

Cheers,

Floor

Floor van den Heuvel, Dec 5, 2019 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Floor,

Thanks for your reply!
If you have your own kit/cajon, then we can just simply meet up one of these days and jam a little if you want.
What kind of music do you like?

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Floor,

Thanks for your reply!
If you have your own kit/cajon, then we can just simply meet up one of these days and jam a little if you want.
What kind of music do you like?

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian H, Dec 5, 2019 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Adrian,

yes I have my own cajon (my drum kit is in a storage space at the moment). I've just been practicing some random things, and translating drums into cajon for simple songs. i.e. up&up by Coldplay or Golden Touch by Razorlight but also just some simplified salsa and reggeaton. If you have any songs in particular I can already have a look! But yes, would be nice to jam! Do you know a place? Or somewhere in a park or at Plainpalais could work as well I suppose!

Cheers,

Floor

Hi Adrian,

yes I have my own cajon (my drum kit is in a storage space at the moment). I've just been practicing some random things, and translating drums into cajon for simple songs. i.e. up&up by Coldplay or Golden Touch by Razorlight but also just some simplified salsa and reggeaton. If you have any songs in particular I can already have a look! But yes, would be nice to jam! Do you know a place? Or somewhere in a park or at Plainpalais could work as well I suppose!

Cheers,

Floor

Floor van den Heuvel, Dec 6, 2019 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Floor,

So regarding the location: I'm not so sure whether a park is so ideal, because it's kinda cold and I also need electricity for my amp.
If we don't play too loud, I can offer my apartment.

Regarding the songs: There is not a lot of bass in up&up, so I don't know how much I can do there, but I can come up with something.

Regarding song requests from my side: With my last drummer, we were actually improvising a lot instead of covering specific songs or we'd just cover by memory. If we do specific songs, it's probably best if we do the ones where I play the bass and sing. For example Sitting at the dock of the bay by Otis Redding, All my loving by Beatles or Proud Mary by CCR.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Floor,

So regarding the location: I'm not so sure whether a park is so ideal, because it's kinda cold and I also need electricity for my amp.
If we don't play too loud, I can offer my apartment.

Regarding the songs: There is not a lot of bass in up&up, so I don't know how much I can do there, but I can come up with something.

Regarding song requests from my side: With my last drummer, we were actually improvising a lot instead of covering specific songs or we'd just cover by memory. If we do specific songs, it's probably best if we do the ones where I play the bass and sing. For example Sitting at the dock of the bay by Otis Redding, All my loving by Beatles or Proud Mary by CCR.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian H, Dec 11, 2019 @ 09:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Adrien,

sure, that could work - though you would need to have some patience as I've never played cajon with others before. Drums yes, but not cajon. Let's just give it a try some time: when would suit you and where is your appartment? And are Alessandro and Alberto still playing?

Cheers,

Floor

Hi Adrien,

sure, that could work - though you would need to have some patience as I've never played cajon with others before. Drums yes, but not cajon. Let's just give it a try some time: when would suit you and where is your appartment? And are Alessandro and Alberto still playing?

Cheers,

Floor

Floor van den Heuvel, Dec 12, 2019 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I live in Grand Lancy - I'll give you the exact addresse via PM.
For me it would be best if we play either on a week day after 6 or an a Saturday afternoon.

Alessandro would need a drum kit and I think Alberto is looking to start something more serious. Which means: If someone who plays the guitar or keys reads this and feels like jamming a little bit, you are very welcome to join!

I live in Grand Lancy - I'll give you the exact addresse via PM.
For me it would be best if we play either on a week day after 6 or an a Saturday afternoon.

Alessandro would need a drum kit and I think Alberto is looking to start something more serious. Which means: If someone who plays the guitar or keys reads this and feels like jamming a little bit, you are very welcome to join!

Adrian H, Dec 13, 2019 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hey! How about this monday evening? I have a drum kit, but nowhere to install it, and it is electric so it would need an amp...

Hey! How about this monday evening? I have a drum kit, but nowhere to install it, and it is electric so it would need an amp...

Floor van den Heuvel, Dec 13, 2019 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hey, so looks like I won't be available for both Monday and Tuesday, sorry.

So how about the other days of next week?

Hey, so looks like I won't be available for both Monday and Tuesday, sorry.

So how about the other days of next week?

Adrian H, Dec 14, 2019 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

No problem! What about this sunday? Early afternoon? Unfortunately after that I will be mostly away until the 1st of March.. So I completely understand if you'd rather wait until then..

No problem! What about this sunday? Early afternoon? Unfortunately after that I will be mostly away until the 1st of March.. So I completely understand if you'd rather wait until then..

Floor van den Heuvel, Dec 17, 2019 @ 09:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I hope that I found a band by March, so likely I will no longer look for musicians by then, but if you want we can play this sunday anyway - jamming with other people is always fun. :)

I should be available the whole Sunday, so you can pick a time.

I hope that I found a band by March, so likely I will no longer look for musicians by then, but if you want we can play this sunday anyway - jamming with other people is always fun. :)

I should be available the whole Sunday, so you can pick a time.

Adrian H, Dec 17, 2019 @ 09:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Ok, let's say at 14:00 then? Just PM me your address

Ok, let's say at 14:00 then? Just PM me your address

Floor van den Heuvel, Dec 18, 2019 @ 09:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Sounds good.
I've send you the address.

In case someone else wants to join last minute (a guitarist would be great...), let me know via PM.

Sounds good.
I've send you the address.

In case someone else wants to join last minute (a guitarist would be great...), let me know via PM.

Adrian H, Dec 18, 2019 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Dear all, 

So great to see muscians finding each other here in Geneva. 

I have a rehearsal space for rent if you are interested. We are a group of 3 bands who have rented a space from the ville de geneve and we each take one weeknight per week and share the costs. We have drums, PA system and amps that we share as well. 

Let me know if you are interested. 

Best,

Daire

Dear all, 

So great to see muscians finding each other here in Geneva. 

I have a rehearsal space for rent if you are interested. We are a group of 3 bands who have rented a space from the ville de geneve and we each take one weeknight per week and share the costs. We have drums, PA system and amps that we share as well. 

Let me know if you are interested. 

Best,

Daire

Dara D, Dec 18, 2019 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

wow that sounds like a solution to our logistical problems!

Thank you very much Dara Doherty for letting us all know about this :) 

I can say from now that i am really interested in playing there with some of you all (i am a drummer).

How does it really work in terms of booking? We can contact you and you can provide us a day during the week? Or we need to bacame "partners" with you all and share the price of the rent? 

Thank you again, 

Alessandro

wow that sounds like a solution to our logistical problems!

Thank you very much Dara Doherty for letting us all know about this :) 

I can say from now that i am really interested in playing there with some of you all (i am a drummer).

How does it really work in terms of booking? We can contact you and you can provide us a day during the week? Or we need to bacame "partners" with you all and share the price of the rent? 

Thank you again, 

Alessandro

Alessandro T, Dec 18, 2019 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hello All, sorry just saw this, i am a singer and usually part time in gigs like weddings or corporate events before moving in Geneva. I usually sing pop, rock and jazz, but mostly top40 list. Would love to join if you still need a singer :)

Hello All, sorry just saw this, i am a singer and usually part time in gigs like weddings or corporate events before moving in Geneva. I usually sing pop, rock and jazz, but mostly top40 list. Would love to join if you still need a singer :)

Mega S, Mar 6, 2020 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

hey guys, not sure if this forum is still looked at - my name is Daniele, I am an italian who recently moved (back) to Geneva - I had a band in Vienna, The Non State Actors, and we played gigs mostly on classic rock things - a video of one of our our gigs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9WO3zUAxQ

Now that things are slowly back to normal I wonder if anyone is around to jam? Very happy to blend in and to make it happen!

D

hey guys, not sure if this forum is still looked at - my name is Daniele, I am an italian who recently moved (back) to Geneva - I had a band in Vienna, The Non State Actors, and we played gigs mostly on classic rock things - a video of one of our our gigs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9WO3zUAxQ

Now that things are slowly back to normal I wonder if anyone is around to jam? Very happy to blend in and to make it happen!

D

Daniele Alesani, May 28, 2021 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
22 Replies | 4393 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form