Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Movie Trailer - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Movie Trailer - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Awesome trailer, with great music (interesting cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song).

The text you are quoting:

Awesome trailer, with great music (interesting cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song).

Edward BJun 4, 2011 @ 01:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

22 Replies | 2229 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Movie Trailer - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Post 1

I know, it's brilliant, right? Can't wait for it come out in cinemas.

I know, it's brilliant, right? Can't wait for it come out in cinemas.

Lisa M, Jun 4, 2011 @ 01:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

this trilogy is amazing...but I think this movie was out some years ago, wasn't it?

this trilogy is amazing...but I think this movie was out some years ago, wasn't it?

apacat, Jun 4, 2011 @ 07:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The Swedish movies came out about 2 years ago. This is the hollywood remake of the first. If this shocks you, the story should be OK in the hands of David Fincher (who also made The Social Network)

The Swedish movies came out about 2 years ago. This is the hollywood remake of the first. If this shocks you, the story should be OK in the hands of David Fincher (who also made The Social Network)

Edward B, Jun 4, 2011 @ 09:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Yes it was out in Feb 2009, the second in Sept 2009 and the final part in November 2009.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Dragon-Tattoo-DVD/dp/B00361GC7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307171697&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Who-Played-Fire-DVD/dp/B003XQFAC6/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Who-Kicked-Hornets-Nest/dp/B003XQFAQC/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b

Brilliantly filmed and acted (Noomi Rapace was excellent). I honestly don't understand why when you have a film that was so well made, it needs to be entirely reshot just because it wasn't in English. God forbid Anglophones should watch a film in anything other than English as clearly we're too stupid to be able to read subtitles!

Just buy these this film in the original Swedish with subtitles (it would still be cheaper than going to the cinema) A much better alternative.

Yes it was out in Feb 2009, the second in Sept 2009 and the final part in November 2009.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Dragon-Tattoo-DVD/dp/B00361GC7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307171697&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Who-Played-Fire-DVD/dp/B003XQFAC6/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Who-Kicked-Hornets-Nest/dp/B003XQFAQC/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b

Brilliantly filmed and acted (Noomi Rapace was excellent). I honestly don't understand why when you have a film that was so well made, it needs to be entirely reshot just because it wasn't in English. God forbid Anglophones should watch a film in anything other than English as clearly we're too stupid to be able to read subtitles!

Just buy these this film in the original Swedish with subtitles (it would still be cheaper than going to the cinema) A much better alternative.

Rich, Jun 4, 2011 @ 09:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jun 4, 11 09:20

Thanks Edward. You've put to rest some of my concerns as he is very capable. But again, I just don't understand the 'need' to reshot this (and I guess the rest of the trilogy) in the first place. 

Oh well...

Thanks Edward. You've put to rest some of my concerns as he is very capable. But again, I just don't understand the 'need' to reshot this (and I guess the rest of the trilogy) in the first place. 

Oh well...

Rich, Jun 4, 2011 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Americans don't watch foreign films. The 3 books is have been topping the bestseller charts for the last 3 years. So it's not a surprise that Hollywood thought it was a good idea to make English-speaking versions, certainly financially.

Just be glad that they didn't cast Tom Hanks and Megan Fox for the lead roles.

Americans don't watch foreign films. The 3 books is have been topping the bestseller charts for the last 3 years. So it's not a surprise that Hollywood thought it was a good idea to make English-speaking versions, certainly financially.

Edward B, Jun 4, 2011 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Unfortunately Edward, in general, you may have a point. It all comes down to making money for the studios in the end. 

That said, I stand firm by what I wrote earlier - it is REALLY worth your while getting these films from 2009. They really are class!

Unfortunately Edward, in general, you may have a point. It all comes down to making money for the studios in the end. 

That said, I stand firm by what I wrote earlier - it is REALLY worth your while getting these films from 2009. They really are class!

Rich, Jun 4, 2011 @ 10:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I've only seen the first (of the Swedish versions), didn't manage to find a cinema where I could watch the others with English (or Dutch) subtitles.

Just ordered them on Amazon though.

I've only seen the first (of the Swedish versions), didn't manage to find a cinema where I could watch the others with English (or Dutch) subtitles.

Just ordered them on Amazon though.

Edward B, Jun 4, 2011 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

The crew have been shooting in Stockholm for quite a while now. We even had a very surprising snowfall in Stockholm in the middle of April...created by the film people of course. My friend is doing a newsreporter in the new Hollywood version, quite cool I think.

To conclude this nonsense post: my part of Stockholm (Söder) has now won international fame for 2 things the last year: the Hollywood filming of "The Girl..." and that we are the home of the Wikileaks servers...

The crew have been shooting in Stockholm for quite a while now. We even had a very surprising snowfall in Stockholm in the middle of April...created by the film people of course. My friend is doing a newsreporter in the new Hollywood version, quite cool I think.

To conclude this nonsense post: my part of Stockholm (Söder) has now won international fame for 2 things the last year: the Hollywood filming of "The Girl..." and that we are the home of the Wikileaks servers...

Par L, Jun 7, 2011 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jun 4, 11 09:55

Those americans even translate British films into American english... seriously... how low can someone go?

Those americans even translate British films into American english... seriously... how low can someone go?

Andrew I, Jun 7, 2011 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Jun 4, 11 09:55

"Americans don't watch foreign films." Undecided  FFS, that's a really uninformed and silly statement.   There are foreign film festivals in most cities across the United States. 

More people (of all nationalities)  go to see "blockbusters" -- which are sometimes simplified and/or rehashed foreign or independent films. Remakes are done to make money for the studios/distributors/theaters which have no  financial interest in supporting another studio's product.

In addition, the BBC has remade Wallander with Kenneth Branagh. The Beeb has also had huge success with showing "the Killing," recently, even with subtitles. As in the UK, Scandavian crime fiction and dramas are "hot" at the moment.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703657604575004961184066300.html

"Americans don't watch foreign films." Undecided  FFS, that's a really uninformed and silly statement.   There are foreign film festivals in most cities across the United States. 

More people (of all nationalities)  go to see "blockbusters" -- which are sometimes simplified and/or rehashed foreign or independent films. Remakes are done to make money for the studios/distributors/theaters which have no  financial interest in supporting another studio's product.

In addition, the BBC has remade Wallander with Kenneth Branagh. The Beeb has also had huge success with showing "the Killing," recently, even with subtitles. As in the UK, Scandavian crime fiction and dramas are "hot" at the moment.

Translator, Jun 7, 2011 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Jun 7, 11 13:36

Just to be clear on one point in my reply to Edward's post:

'Unfortunately Edward, in general, you may have a point.'...

I was ONLY referring to the studios making money and NOT that American's don't watch foreign films!

I was ONLY referring to the studios making money and NOT that American's don't watch foreign films!

Rich, Jun 7, 2011 @ 13:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

And... I was just checking out the cast at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/

and it looks fantastic -- with some very, very accomplished actors as opposed to stars.  There was some debate about how/why Rooney Mara (some say she was tied to the financing of the film) was chosen for the main role, but we'll see how she does..

And... I was just checking out the cast at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/

and it looks fantastic -- with some very, very accomplished actors as opposed to stars.  There was some debate about how/why Rooney Mara (some say she was tied to the financing of the film) was chosen for the main role, but we'll see how she does..

Translator, Jun 7, 2011 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Jun 7, 11 13:56

No, I didn't think you were... I actually much prefer subtitles over dubbing as I find dubbing far too distracting and sometimes unintentionally comical.  It seems that the Swiss-Romande follow this french tradition for dubbing...

I agree that some remakes seem and are non-sensical.  I am trying to think of a remake that was as good or better than the original, but nothing springs to mind at the moment....

No, I didn't think you were... I actually much prefer subtitles over dubbing as I find dubbing far too distracting and sometimes unintentionally comical.  It seems that the Swiss-Romande follow this french tradition for dubbing...

I agree that some remakes seem and are non-sensical.  I am trying to think of a remake that was as good or better than the original, but nothing springs to mind at the moment....

Translator, Jun 7, 2011 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I would have to agree with you about the cast. That said, if you haven't seen them yet, I'd also recommend checking out the original three films as they were excellent. I think Rooney Mara will have her work cut out to put in a performance as good as Noomi Rapace but we'll see.

I would have to agree with you about the cast. That said, if you haven't seen them yet, I'd also recommend checking out the original three films as they were excellent. I think Rooney Mara will have her work cut out to put in a performance as good as Noomi Rapace but we'll see.

Rich, Jun 7, 2011 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Jun 7, 11 14:10

'A remake better as good as or better than the original'...Now that's a thread! Laughing

Any takers?

'A remake better as good as or better than the original'...Now that's a thread! Laughing

Any takers?

Rich, Jun 7, 2011 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Jun 7, 11 14:11

Although I really like David Fincher, I'm really looking foward to seeing the original films! Once I started to read the books, I couldn't stop. I'm a huge fan of crime fiction in general and Scandanavian and Scottish in particular...

Although I really like David Fincher, I'm really looking foward to seeing the original films! Once I started to read the books, I couldn't stop. I'm a huge fan of crime fiction in general and Scandanavian and Scottish in particular...

Translator, Jun 7, 2011 @ 14:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Well It looks like an offense for swedish actors who played very well in the 3 movies. And it was great to see them, it changes of all this american blockbuster actors. That seems like a kind of cultural imperalism as if American cannot be interested into a movie with non-american actors.

Unfortunately the girl in the american trailer has no presence. It is far away from Noomi Rapace performance, who played well a character that was difficult to play, and she looked more intense.

And if Stieg Larsson was alive, what would he have thought?

Well It looks like an offense for swedish actors who played very well in the 3 movies. And it was great to see them, it changes of all this american blockbuster actors. That seems like a kind of cultural imperalism as if American cannot be interested into a movie with non-american actors.

Unfortunately the girl in the american trailer has no presence. It is far away from Noomi Rapace performance, who played well a character that was difficult to play, and she looked more intense.

And if Stieg Larsson was alive, what would he have thought?

TSATSA, Jun 21, 2011 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Jan 1, 70 01:00

It seems like the big american studio want to set the rules as I mentionned in my previous post...

It seems like the big american studio want to set the rules as I mentionned in my previous post...

TSATSA, Jun 21, 2011 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

I've been quite busy the last few weeks, had no idea this thread was still alive.

@ Translator: Yes maybe my statement "Americans don't watch foreign films" was a bit too black&white. But Swedish films don't reach American mainstream, while American remakes do.

I've been quite busy the last few weeks, had no idea this thread was still alive.

@ Translator: Yes maybe my statement "Americans don't watch foreign films" was a bit too black&white. But Swedish films don't reach American mainstream, while American remakes do.

Edward B, Jun 21, 2011 @ 23:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Well, most foreign films don't reach the mainstream of any culture.  What is great, though, is that Larsson's work is getting even wider exposure -- all the way to the mainstream.

Here's a link to an article reviewing the book of Larsson's life-partner, Eva Gabrielsson.  Will there be a 4th novel?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/books/la-et-book-20110622,0,6619255.story

Well, most foreign films don't reach the mainstream of any culture.  What is great, though, is that Larsson's work is getting even wider exposure -- all the way to the mainstream.

Here's a link to an article reviewing the book of Larsson's life-partner, Eva Gabrielsson.  Will there be a 4th novel?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/books/la-et-book-20110622,0,6619255.story

Translator, Jun 22, 2011 @ 08:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
22 Replies | 2229 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form