Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Music Concerts - alt/indie/punk/rock anything???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Music Concerts - alt/indie/punk/rock anything???

Is there any concerts or shows here?  Can someone suggest some local bands or shows that would be cool to check out? - English/French/italian doesn't matter, just some cool music shows that are decently priced.

The text you are quoting:

Is there any concerts or shows here?  Can someone suggest some local bands or shows that would be cool to check out? - English/French/italian doesn't matter, just some cool music shows that are decently priced.

Katya NMar 11, 2011 @ 19:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 2683 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Music Concerts - alt/indie/punk/rock anything???
Post 1

Hey!

Not much going on in that great field, but some things occasionally. Check out www.cave12.org. They often organise good stuff, I'm going to the Usine tonight with a friend, a band from the US called ZS playing. Very experimental what I hear online, but have played with Battles which suggests they shouldnt be too bad.

and then it's the AMR in Rue des Alpes, they have jazz events, jam sessions on  tuesdays.

Hey!

Not much going on in that great field, but some things occasionally. Check out www.cave12.org. They often organise good stuff, I'm going to the Usine tonight with a friend, a band from the US called ZS playing. Very experimental what I hear online, but have played with Battles which suggests they shouldnt be too bad.

and then it's the AMR in Rue des Alpes, they have jazz events, jam sessions on  tuesdays.

Björn K, Mar 11, 2011 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

James Chance is playing on sunday:

http://www.lekab.ch/site/

.darn, I'll be outta town and will miss that. recommended!

James Chance is playing on sunday:

http://www.lekab.ch/site/

.darn, I'll be outta town and will miss that. recommended!

Björn K, Mar 11, 2011 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sorry, read it the wrong the way, ZS is playing 28 April.

http://www.cave12.org/

But there's a 60's psych night at the Usine tonight.

Sorry, read it the wrong the way, ZS is playing 28 April.

http://www.cave12.org/

But there's a 60's psych night at the Usine tonight.

Björn K, Mar 11, 2011 @ 19:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

www.ladecadanse.ch

www.ladecadanse.ch

eva77, Mar 13, 2011 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

10 years ago, i used to listen to Favez. I think they are from lausanne. Does anyone know if they still tour? O

10 years ago, i used to listen to Favez. I think they are from lausanne. Does anyone know if they still tour? O

François M, Apr 1, 2011 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

paleo.ch announced this summer line-up.

paleo.ch announced this summer line-up.

Leonid R, Apr 9, 2011 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I just heard today that there is a Jazz festival going on in Basel as well.. you might wanna check it out.

I just heard today that there is a Jazz festival going on in Basel as well.. you might wanna check it out.

Manu G, May 17, 2011 @ 21:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

There's lots of things happening in Geneva (well at least a guy like me coming from a small Canadian town)... Start with checking the decandance site that Eva77 posted. It a day-to-day listing for most concerts, parties and DJ sets in Geneva and most venues some of which I've not even been to yet. 

Of course you have the big festivals like Paleo, Montreux Jazz... and June 16-18th Fete de la Musique and many other annual local festivals like Voix de Fete, AMR jazz in Parc de Cropettes, Electron, Vernier Rock Fete, Fete de l'Espoire, Mont Jura Jazz Fest...  and regularly there is live music at Usine, Motel Campo, Undertown, the Box, Pickwicks, Mulligans, 7arts, Ecurie, AMR, Usine de Gaz (Nyon), the Scene and Contretemps (same venue Sat or Fri resp), BAG thursday ... ouf, after 8 years I don't think I can even come close to list all the options in one sitting and I'm sure there's ppl out there who have more knowledge than i do and are still silent! ;-)) 

May I even suggest my own band PUNCH! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=60695942165 which be playing at the 7arts in Paquis on June 3rd and the week after in Cafe de Soleil (Ferney Voltaire) on the 10th... but of course, I'm a little biased. 

Enjoy! 

There's lots of things happening in Geneva (well at least a guy like me coming from a small Canadian town)... Start with checking the decandance site that Eva77 posted. It a day-to-day listing for most concerts, parties and DJ sets in Geneva and most venues some of which I've not even been to yet. 

Of course you have the big festivals like Paleo, Montreux Jazz... and June 16-18th Fete de la Musique and many other annual local festivals like Voix de Fete, AMR jazz in Parc de Cropettes, Electron, Vernier Rock Fete, Fete de l'Espoire, Mont Jura Jazz Fest...  and regularly there is live music at Usine, Motel Campo, Undertown, the Box, Pickwicks, Mulligans, 7arts, Ecurie, AMR, Usine de Gaz (Nyon), the Scene and Contretemps (same venue Sat or Fri resp), BAG thursday ... ouf, after 8 years I don't think I can even come close to list all the options in one sitting and I'm sure there's ppl out there who have more knowledge than i do and are still silent! ;-)) 

May I even suggest my own band PUNCH! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=60695942165 which be playing at the 7arts in Paquis on June 3rd and the week after in Cafe de Soleil (Ferney Voltaire) on the 10th... but of course, I'm a little biased. 

Enjoy! 

David W, May 17, 2011 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Check out the Montreux Jazz Festival. It's not all jazz, and there are lots of great musicians worth discovering.

Hurry up, it's selling out fast. First 2 weeks of July.

Check out the Montreux Jazz Festival. It's not all jazz, and there are lots of great musicians worth discovering.

Hurry up, it's selling out fast. First 2 weeks of July.

Edward B, May 23, 2011 @ 01:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 2683 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form