Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Music Recording Studio: Hip Hop

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Music Recording Studio: Hip Hop

Hi everyone,

I am currently in Geneva and I am desperatly looking for someone with recording equipment to record my vocals for a mixtape I am working on. I rap both in French and English and have projects I need to work for urgently for the UK and the US.

Could you please get back to me asap if you know anyone or you have a home set up?

My style of Hip Hop is very positive: Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Andre 3000, Youssoupha, Oxmo Puccino, Disiz La Peste...

Looking forward to hearing back from you all!

Thank you and have a great day.

"One thing about music when it hits you you don't feel no pain"

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I am currently in Geneva and I am desperatly looking for someone with recording equipment to record my vocals for a mixtape I am working on. I rap both in French and English and have projects I need to work for urgently for the UK and the US.

Could you please get back to me asap if you know anyone or you have a home set up?

My style of Hip Hop is very positive: Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Andre 3000, Youssoupha, Oxmo Puccino, Disiz La Peste...

Looking forward to hearing back from you all!

Thank you and have a great day.

"One thing about music when it hits you you don't feel no pain"

Hamzah ZSep 12, 2012 @ 13:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 2086 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Music Recording Studio: Hip Hop
Post 1

Hello Hamzah, 

Not sure whether you have managed to find some recording equipment for vocals etc...but if you have not, I am wondering if you have heard of Colors Records? I recently went to a concert where all the artists signed to the label performed and it sounds like your style is similar to what I heard at the concert.You should try and get in touch with them! Hope this helps! :D 

Hello Hamzah, 

Not sure whether you have managed to find some recording equipment for vocals etc...but if you have not, I am wondering if you have heard of Colors Records? I recently went to a concert where all the artists signed to the label performed and it sounds like your style is similar to what I heard at the concert.You should try and get in touch with them! Hope this helps! :D 

Tanya Alvis, Oct 21, 2012 @ 07:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Sup Tanya?

Thank you so much for the advice! Unfortunately I have not found anything yet so I will definitely go and check out your link. It has been hard to find some good Hip Hop heads willing to collaborate so I definitely appreciate your kind suggestion.

What you doing out here in Geneva? I also would like to start going to concerts like the one that you have described.

As soon as I manage to record I will get back in touch with you for you to hear it.

Take good care in the mean time,

H

Sup Tanya?

Thank you so much for the advice! Unfortunately I have not found anything yet so I will definitely go and check out your link. It has been hard to find some good Hip Hop heads willing to collaborate so I definitely appreciate your kind suggestion.

What you doing out here in Geneva? I also would like to start going to concerts like the one that you have described.

As soon as I manage to record I will get back in touch with you for you to hear it.

Take good care in the mean time,

H

Hamzah Z, Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey Tanya,

Just wanted to let you know that I have checked out this label and I LOVE their work. Thank you so much for this suggestion again. I cannot believe I live 5 minutes from LA PETITE REINE where they showcased their talents and I didn't even know about it.

Kindest Regards

Hamzah

Hey Tanya,

Just wanted to let you know that I have checked out this label and I LOVE their work. Thank you so much for this suggestion again. I cannot believe I live 5 minutes from LA PETITE REINE where they showcased their talents and I didn't even know about it.

Kindest Regards

Hamzah

Hamzah Z, Oct 22, 2012 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Hamzah! 

I am so glad that you like the label and the direction that they are going in! When I read your message I knew that they would be a good option for you to try! Also, thank you so much for the offer of hearing your finished material, I will definitely hold you to it! I am in Geneva to do my Masters at the Graduate Institute! Very exciting stuff! :D I will definitely look out for you at the next concert that Colors Records holds! 

Bisou! 

T

Hey Hamzah! 

I am so glad that you like the label and the direction that they are going in! When I read your message I knew that they would be a good option for you to try! Also, thank you so much for the offer of hearing your finished material, I will definitely hold you to it! I am in Geneva to do my Masters at the Graduate Institute! Very exciting stuff! :D I will definitely look out for you at the next concert that Colors Records holds! 

Bisou! 

T

Tanya Alvis, Oct 24, 2012 @ 02:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 2086 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form