Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Narnia-Chapter I
I have to say that I actually enjoyed it a lot: the special effects are very good (all animals talk and are the effect are extremely good. I vote for the wolfes as the best animated. (I will leave the beavers for Nir..he has developed this inconditional love for them and almost made me jealous!). The battle scene sounds familiar...if you liked Lord of the Rings (I loved all three!), you won't be disappointed!
The text you are quoting:
I have to say that I actually enjoyed it a lot: the special effects are very good (all animals talk and are the effect are extremely good. I vote for the wolfes as the best animated. (I will leave the beavers for Nir..he has developed this inconditional love for them and almost made me jealous!). The battle scene sounds familiar...if you liked Lord of the Rings (I loved all three!), you won't be disappointed!
IollyJan 12, 2006 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1403 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Narnia-Chapter I
Post 1
that Iolly is refering to are real beavers, just to avoid mis-understandings.
that Iolly is refering to are real beavers, just to avoid mis-understandings.
Nir Ofek, Jan 12, 2006 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
the movie is great.
the movie is great.
Nir Ofek, Jan 12, 2006 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Since I read the comments on the movie here on this forum I wanted to go and get the book and read it before going to the movie itself.
I finally did, and I just ready the 2 first book of the Narnia Chronicles - The foundation of Narnia, and the one of the movie. (The Lion the witch and the wardrobe I think).

I absolutely loved the book.
I wished I could go back in time, and ask my mom to read it to me - or better, reading it myself, when I was younger.

So I recommend it to everyone that loves fantasy, a good book, has kids or is a kid in his heart!

Cheers
Val
Since I read the comments on the movie here on this forum I wanted to go and get the book and read it before going to the movie itself.
I finally did, and I just ready the 2 first book of the Narnia Chronicles - The foundation of Narnia, and the one of the movie. (The Lion the witch and the wardrobe I think).

I absolutely loved the book.
I wished I could go back in time, and ask my mom to read it to me - or better, reading it myself, when I was younger.

So I recommend it to everyone that loves fantasy, a good book, has kids or is a kid in his heart!

Cheers
Val
Hoiling, Jan 12, 2006 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Nir, sorry to be a copy cat, but I also thought the beavers were soooo cuuute!!! they were my favorite!
The movie is nice, but maybe a bit more for kids than Lord of the Rings. Btw, why does Santa Claus appear in the middle of everything?...Hoiling who read the book might explain this to me? Thanx in advance :)

Nath
Nir, sorry to be a copy cat, but I also thought the beavers were soooo cuuute!!! they were my favorite!
The movie is nice, but maybe a bit more for kids than Lord of the Rings. Btw, why does Santa Claus appear in the middle of everything?...Hoiling who read the book might explain this to me? Thanx in advance :)

Nath
Nath81, Jan 12, 2006 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
it's actually in the book, I personally think one of the weaker moments in the book (i mean santa and narnia?) on the other hand thats how they get the cool presents like the swords, the heal all liquid thing etc...
it's actually in the book, I personally think one of the weaker moments in the book (i mean santa and narnia?) on the other hand thats how they get the cool presents like the swords, the heal all liquid thing etc...
Crazy_Llama, Jan 14, 2006 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
and though even when I read them I wished I had been younger (though I was on my early teens) I loved them all! It is a lot more child like than Lord of the Rings and full of values and all but they are still a lot of fun. And I think the movie really captures the spirit of the Narnia books. I reccomend you grown ups all go and read the entire collection!

ps. the badgers or whatever they were were cute and a lot less annoying than when I found them in the book! I particularly like the bit when miss badger is cleaning up her fur, and mr. badger telling her that she looks great or something... ;D
and though even when I read them I wished I had been younger (though I was on my early teens) I loved them all! It is a lot more child like than Lord of the Rings and full of values and all but they are still a lot of fun. And I think the movie really captures the spirit of the Narnia books. I reccomend you grown ups all go and read the entire collection!

ps. the badgers or whatever they were were cute and a lot less annoying than when I found them in the book! I particularly like the bit when miss badger is cleaning up her fur, and mr. badger telling her that she looks great or something... ;D
Crazy_Llama, Jan 14, 2006 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
did you guys see the whole religious theme of the book? although its clearly behind it of course, it is not necessary to see them only in this light or it might ruin it for some (I didnt look at it like that when I first read them) but still... aslan as jesus, sacrificed and brought back to life, edmund is judas, crusades, etc...
did you guys see the whole religious theme of the book? although its clearly behind it of course, it is not necessary to see them only in this light or it might ruin it for some (I didnt look at it like that when I first read them) but still... aslan as jesus, sacrificed and brought back to life, edmund is judas, crusades, etc...
Crazy_Llama, Jan 14, 2006 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
and I WANT A BEAVER!!
I love them!! Absolutely the custes thing ever!!
I want one to cuddle :)

Val
and I WANT A BEAVER!!
I love them!! Absolutely the custes thing ever!!
I want one to cuddle :)

Val
Hoiling, Jan 16, 2006 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
and I was just talking about it with some friends when we went to watch the movie ...
Very religious.
and I was just talking about it with some friends when we went to watch the movie ...
Very religious.

Hoiling, Jan 16, 2006 @ 21:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1403 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form