Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > New Batman film - any good?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Batman film - any good?

Director Christopher Nolan normally is good but occasionally falters...Batman Begins was an unmitigated snooze-fest...Memento, Inception and Dark Knight - all cool

anyways Anne Hathaway as Catwoman....purrrrrrrr

The text you are quoting:

Director Christopher Nolan normally is good but occasionally falters...Batman Begins was an unmitigated snooze-fest...Memento, Inception and Dark Knight - all cool

anyways Anne Hathaway as Catwoman....purrrrrrrr

keith pJul 27, 2012 @ 07:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 2439 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New Batman film - any good?
Post 1

Reviews say it's good but not as good as the last one (which is probably because of Heath Ledger's Joker). 

Reviews say it's good but not as good as the last one (which is probably because of Heath Ledger's Joker). 

Edward B, Jul 27, 2012 @ 08:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Brilliant from start to finish but why they cast Tom Hardy as Bane is a mystery.  Hardy has a cheeky grin to die for, a beautiful, eloquent voice and they cover his face with a mask and having him talking like a dailek.  Such a waste. 

Even Michael Caine was (quite) good.....and that's saying something!

Overall 11 out of 10 :-)

Brilliant from start to finish but why they cast Tom Hardy as Bane is a mystery.  Hardy has a cheeky grin to die for, a beautiful, eloquent voice and they cover his face with a mask and having him talking like a dailek.  Such a waste. 

Carolyn C, Jul 27, 2012 @ 08:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Jul 27, 12 08:32

You don't like Michael Caine?

You don't like Michael Caine?

Edward B, Jul 27, 2012 @ 09:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jul 27, 12 08:30

tbh Ledger carried the last film

the clips I have seen so far seem to show it more like Batman Begins

may give it a miss and not even Hathaways body in black leather(?) can redeem it

may give it a miss and not even Hathaways body in black leather(?) can redeem it

keith p, Jul 27, 2012 @ 09:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jul 27, 12 08:32

Brilliant film from start to finish but as for Bane's voice - I swear it was J.R. Hartley from the UK Yellow Pages advert in the 80s.

Brilliant film from start to finish but as for Bane's voice - I swear it was J.R. Hartley from the UK Yellow Pages advert in the 80s.

Rich, Jul 27, 2012 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Seriously?

Too early?

Seriously?

Too early?

Casuistik, Jul 27, 2012 @ 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Seriously?

Too early?

Jul 27, 12 11:32

Seriously.....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzUGcgIg55m5zmGFFXqRl73Ssix9Ij1J6kugcuwQhIttEfyqnEpA

or my favourite clip from Inception:

Seriously.....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzUGcgIg55m5zmGFFXqRl73Ssix9Ij1J6kugcuwQhIttEfyqnEpA

or my favourite clip from Inception:

Carolyn C, Jul 27, 2012 @ 13:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Jul 27, 12 09:02

Have to agree with Carolyn... it was absolutely brilliant!

It does however, refer to a lot of plot elements seen in Batman Begins including the League of Shadows, Ra's Al Ghul's story while training Bruce, memories of Bruce's parents with particular significance placed on his mother's pearls, Rachel, even Scarecrow makes a final appearance, tying all three movies together and rounding it off nicely.

For those who've watched all three movies, watching the first one gives the viewer a deeper, more meaningful understanding/ appreciation of the final story arc as the end and the beginning tie into one another and complete each other.

I found the end satisfying. Michael Caine was excellent, Tom Hardy always a treat and I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway. The previous Cat Women have never really done it for me but she's the perfect mix of coquette and kick-ass without being overtly sexual and bimbo-ish.

The only thing that left me slightly "hmm" was John Blake's story...He's an endearing character and I was a bit peeved that only a few lines were used to establish his orphan status...we don't really hear how his parents died and when he says his full name at the end it's not clear why that's his name (I won't spoil it by saying it here). The older Batman fans obviously know this info but for the newer ones it would have been nice if they'd added that for them. Still, it was a great ending.

Phew, with that I conclude my essay for today :)

Have to agree with Carolyn... it was absolutely brilliant!

It does however, refer to a lot of plot elements seen in Batman Begins including the League of Shadows, Ra's Al Ghul's story while training Bruce, memories of Bruce's parents with particular significance placed on his mother's pearls, Rachel, even Scarecrow makes a final appearance, tying all three movies together and rounding it off nicely.

For those who've watched all three movies, watching the first one gives the viewer a deeper, more meaningful understanding/ appreciation of the final story arc as the end and the beginning tie into one another and complete each other.

I found the end satisfying. Michael Caine was excellent, Tom Hardy always a treat and I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway. The previous Cat Women have never really done it for me but she's the perfect mix of coquette and kick-ass without being overtly sexual and bimbo-ish.

The only thing that left me slightly "hmm" was John Blake's story...He's an endearing character and I was a bit peeved that only a few lines were used to establish his orphan status...we don't really hear how his parents died and when he says his full name at the end it's not clear why that's his name (I won't spoil it by saying it here). The older Batman fans obviously know this info but for the newer ones it would have been nice if they'd added that for them. Still, it was a great ending.

Phew, with that I conclude my essay for today :)

Fairydust, Aug 1, 2012 @ 02:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 2439 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form