Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Pride and Prejudice - The movie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Pride and Prejudice - The movie
is out now in the cinema, and althoug I know it's know as a "girly" movie I want to praise it.
Needs to be said that I loved the book when I read it (and i think Jane Austen as a great sense of humor and sarcasm) so I am not completely impartial here ...
but the movie was really refreshing and nice. I watched out of exaperation after a 18hs working day... and it was nice to see a "costume" movie (is that how they are called??) with some good sense of humore, not accentuating the love-struggle-sweet side of the story but in the best Austen tradition, talking about a period, a good story, and all the between the lines sarcasm.
So I recommend it to Jane Austen lovers, people that likes movie where there's no one fighting, no explosions, no sex and no sloppy kissing :)

... about the book ... I could write a full review of that, but I'll keep it for myself... I love it SO much that is the reason why I grew up deciding to be a "sarcastic geek :)"

Cheers all!!
Vale
The text you are quoting:
is out now in the cinema, and althoug I know it's know as a "girly" movie I want to praise it.
Needs to be said that I loved the book when I read it (and i think Jane Austen as a great sense of humor and sarcasm) so I am not completely impartial here ...
but the movie was really refreshing and nice. I watched out of exaperation after a 18hs working day... and it was nice to see a "costume" movie (is that how they are called??) with some good sense of humore, not accentuating the love-struggle-sweet side of the story but in the best Austen tradition, talking about a period, a good story, and all the between the lines sarcasm.
So I recommend it to Jane Austen lovers, people that likes movie where there's no one fighting, no explosions, no sex and no sloppy kissing :)

... about the book ... I could write a full review of that, but I'll keep it for myself... I love it SO much that is the reason why I grew up deciding to be a "sarcastic geek :)"

Cheers all!!
Vale
HoilingJan 9, 2006 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1283 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Pride and Prejudice - The movie
Post 1
all the guys that were in the cinema hated it, and said it was for girls and boring. Because of no explosions no fights no kissing ...

As for the 18th hs ... yeah, it's possible to work so much and do somehting after but then u'll end up messed up like me. So... not really a nice choice.

on gone with the wind... that was a classic, but was taking place in the US, this one is British so ... British don;t blow up houses and don't kiss :(

QuestionL what's the S word? Sex or Sarcasm??

Cheers
Val
all the guys that were in the cinema hated it, and said it was for girls and boring. Because of no explosions no fights no kissing ...

As for the 18th hs ... yeah, it's possible to work so much and do somehting after but then u'll end up messed up like me. So... not really a nice choice.

on gone with the wind... that was a classic, but was taking place in the US, this one is British so ... British don;t blow up houses and don't kiss :(

QuestionL what's the S word? Sex or Sarcasm??

Cheers
Val
Hoiling, Jan 10, 2006 @ 12:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Pride and Prejudice - The movie
Post 2
I loved the movie, I have read the book and found it most entertaining. I have also seen parts of the original bbc series, and I was afraid it would not be anywhere near as good. However I was positively surprised, the movie is very entertaining, good sense of humour well made.

Bride and Predujice mentioned before is entertaining in a sort of 'they are injecting cornyness through an IV directly into my blood, but what do you expect this is bollywood so just laugh at it till you die' kind of way...
I loved the movie, I have read the book and found it most entertaining. I have also seen parts of the original bbc series, and I was afraid it would not be anywhere near as good. However I was positively surprised, the movie is very entertaining, good sense of humour well made.

Bride and Predujice mentioned before is entertaining in a sort of 'they are injecting cornyness through an IV directly into my blood, but what do you expect this is bollywood so just laugh at it till you die' kind of way...
Crazy_Llama, Jan 11, 2006 @ 21:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1283 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form