Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Several films worth seeing at the moment

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Several films worth seeing at the moment

I can personally reccomend....

Up in the air (with G. Clooney) - Interesting film with an air of melancholy, great Clooney performance.

Lovely bones (ladies bring your tissues to this one...Seriously!!) - Stunning Peter Jackson visuals with a fantastic storyline. If you've read the book may be worth a look too.

The blind side (Sandra Bullock) - Maybe the best film Sandras done? film about Michael Ohre (Baltimore Ravens offensive tackler), and how he took the path in life that he did thanks to an upper class white millionairess and her family. Heartwarming film, not necessarily a chick flick as theres a bit of sport action to keep the fellas interested.

Imagine that (eddie murphy) - Good film for the kids. Eddie always puts in good performances, good storyline, a little weak for adults to enjoy but enough for the kids.

Law abiding citizen - (Gerard Butler) Blokes will love this film. Much more than your average thriller/action movie. Great story, good performances. Worth a watch. Not for the squeemish in places but not gratuitous I felt.

Zombieland - Already reviewed on here but worth a second mention. Good film!

The text you are quoting:

I can personally reccomend....

Up in the air (with G. Clooney) - Interesting film with an air of melancholy, great Clooney performance.

Lovely bones (ladies bring your tissues to this one...Seriously!!) - Stunning Peter Jackson visuals with a fantastic storyline. If you've read the book may be worth a look too.

The blind side (Sandra Bullock) - Maybe the best film Sandras done? film about Michael Ohre (Baltimore Ravens offensive tackler), and how he took the path in life that he did thanks to an upper class white millionairess and her family. Heartwarming film, not necessarily a chick flick as theres a bit of sport action to keep the fellas interested.

Imagine that (eddie murphy) - Good film for the kids. Eddie always puts in good performances, good storyline, a little weak for adults to enjoy but enough for the kids.

Law abiding citizen - (Gerard Butler) Blokes will love this film. Much more than your average thriller/action movie. Great story, good performances. Worth a watch. Not for the squeemish in places but not gratuitous I felt.

Zombieland - Already reviewed on here but worth a second mention. Good film!

john gallagherFeb 25, 2010 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1565 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Several films worth seeing at the moment
Post 1

Up in the Air - i would not recommend.... not really much point to the movie and quite slow paced.

The Lovely Bones - i have not seen it but reviews are saying if you have read the book then you will be dissapointed with the movie.

Alice in wonderland comes out this week and has had good reviews..

May i personally recommend Shutter Island....another fantastic movie from Scorsese !!!

Laughing

Up in the Air - i would not recommend.... not really much point to the movie and quite slow paced.

The Lovely Bones - i have not seen it but reviews are saying if you have read the book then you will be dissapointed with the movie.

Alice in wonderland comes out this week and has had good reviews..

May i personally recommend Shutter Island....another fantastic movie from Scorsese !!!

Laughing

uktheturtle, Mar 17, 2010 @ 13:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Several films worth seeing at the moment
Post 2

Mel brooke's Spaceballs i recommend! a bit old but then again his movies are always great 2 watch...

p.s. shutter island looks pretty good too!

Mel brooke's Spaceballs i recommend! a bit old but then again his movies are always great 2 watch...

p.s. shutter island looks pretty good too!

TonyMontana, Mar 17, 2010 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1565 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form