Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Should we make a book stall?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Should we make a book stall?
I have a pile of books that I don't particularly want any more, and I know a few other people in the same position. It seems to me that one of the upcoming fetes de Rues might be the perfect place to set up a stall to sell off our excess.

The next one that I could potentially make is 20-21 May in Plain Palais, otherwise there is the Grottes on 27-28 May. Is anyone else interested in throwing their books into the mix?

Kiriel
The text you are quoting:
I have a pile of books that I don't particularly want any more, and I know a few other people in the same position. It seems to me that one of the upcoming fetes de Rues might be the perfect place to set up a stall to sell off our excess.

The next one that I could potentially make is 20-21 May in Plain Palais, otherwise there is the Grottes on 27-28 May. Is anyone else interested in throwing their books into the mix?

Kiriel
KirielMay 8, 2006 @ 00:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1099 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Should we make a book stall?
Post 1
hi kiriel-
that's one idea. but as books in english are usually either scarce or expensive or both...what if we just advertised a swap on gol either under good or on the book forum. that way you have a constantly self-renewing library :)

rai - who can only read the same book 5,862 times. then it's time for a change :)
hi kiriel-
that's one idea. but as books in english are usually either scarce or expensive or both...what if we just advertised a swap on gol either under good or on the book forum. that way you have a constantly self-renewing library :)

rai - who can only read the same book 5,862 times. then it's time for a change :)
fuzzyshoe, May 8, 2006 @ 14:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
(grin).... because I currently have such an excess of books that it would be a pain for me to try and type them all up into an email. Besides, some are books that were given to me and I would rather not admit that I have ever had them in my possession!

I agree there is a scarcity of english books; hence the idea for the stall - GOL members would get to have first notice and first pickings at the collection, and could do a bit of swapping at the stall. My taste in preferred reading is odd enough that the chances are I won't find anything I want in a swap, so I would (on the whole) rather sell off some books and use the cash to order what I want.

Plus, potentially we could put up a banner for GOL on the stand, and attract some more bookish members!

Kiriel
(grin).... because I currently have such an excess of books that it would be a pain for me to try and type them all up into an email. Besides, some are books that were given to me and I would rather not admit that I have ever had them in my possession!

I agree there is a scarcity of english books; hence the idea for the stall - GOL members would get to have first notice and first pickings at the collection, and could do a bit of swapping at the stall. My taste in preferred reading is odd enough that the chances are I won't find anything I want in a swap, so I would (on the whole) rather sell off some books and use the cash to order what I want.

Plus, potentially we could put up a banner for GOL on the stand, and attract some more bookish members!

Kiriel
Kiriel, May 8, 2006 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
OK it's not new books but I recently discovered Les Recyclables second hand bookshop/cafe on rue de carouge (opposite the plein palais shopping centre). The titles vary between new release and quite old but there is a fair choice - english books go at CHF3-8 each plus there's a friendly cafe to take up root in. So far its the best place for UK books Ive found in Geneva if you don't mind second hand.

Just underneath it if you go down the corridor next to it there's a cellar full of dusty old english titles too which can be quite fun to poke around in (strangely this shop doubles as selling rusty old ski equipment too).
OK it's not new books but I recently discovered Les Recyclables second hand bookshop/cafe on rue de carouge (opposite the plein palais shopping centre). The titles vary between new release and quite old but there is a fair choice - english books go at CHF3-8 each plus there's a friendly cafe to take up root in. So far its the best place for UK books Ive found in Geneva if you don't mind second hand.

Just underneath it if you go down the corridor next to it there's a cellar full of dusty old english titles too which can be quite fun to poke around in (strangely this shop doubles as selling rusty old ski equipment too).
Singean, May 9, 2006 @ 00:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1099 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form