Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Sunrise over Sea - John Butler Trio

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sunrise over Sea - John Butler Trio
You know the guy who sits infront of the railway station with his mongrel dog, strumming away on his guitar with a few coins in a battered cap infront of his mat... And you think as you pass him by "Damn, if the guy got his shit together, he could really make it big! He's that good!" Well, when you see John Butler, that's the guy you think of... except that you also think that he actually did get his shit together and make it!
The guy is amazing on the guitar... normally I'm not a big fan of slide guitar, but this guy makes me want to saw off the neck of that empty bottle of wine and really give it a bash. If like me you are a fan of good guitar playing but are disillusioned and sickened by most of the young/new musicians that relentlessly assault our senses of good taste, you need to get this album. For once I was really glad that I didn't just zap that damn channel... I bought two albums by this guy and both are absolutely brilliant. Very intelligent compositions, an incredible whining guitar and an equally brilliant whining voice (despite the fact that I'm not a fan of whining voices... this goes brilliantly with the screams emanating from the guitars).
What the hell are you still sitting reading this for... go buy the damn album now... and help a bum looking guy out. LOL.
Cheerio all.
The text you are quoting:
You know the guy who sits infront of the railway station with his mongrel dog, strumming away on his guitar with a few coins in a battered cap infront of his mat... And you think as you pass him by "Damn, if the guy got his shit together, he could really make it big! He's that good!" Well, when you see John Butler, that's the guy you think of... except that you also think that he actually did get his shit together and make it!
The guy is amazing on the guitar... normally I'm not a big fan of slide guitar, but this guy makes me want to saw off the neck of that empty bottle of wine and really give it a bash. If like me you are a fan of good guitar playing but are disillusioned and sickened by most of the young/new musicians that relentlessly assault our senses of good taste, you need to get this album. For once I was really glad that I didn't just zap that damn channel... I bought two albums by this guy and both are absolutely brilliant. Very intelligent compositions, an incredible whining guitar and an equally brilliant whining voice (despite the fact that I'm not a fan of whining voices... this goes brilliantly with the screams emanating from the guitars).
What the hell are you still sitting reading this for... go buy the damn album now... and help a bum looking guy out. LOL.
Cheerio all.
shadow69Apr 21, 2006 @ 17:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1133 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Sunrise over Sea - John Butler Trio
Post 1
This is my favourite of John Butler Trio's CDs. He is an amazing guy, and love the lyrics of their songs.
This is my favourite of John Butler Trio's CDs. He is an amazing guy, and love the lyrics of their songs.
Brogsta, Apr 21, 2006 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Sunrise over Sea - John Butler Trio
Post 2
Their Live at St Gallen CD is amazing also.
Their Live at St Gallen CD is amazing also.
Brogsta, Apr 23, 2006 @ 15:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1133 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form