Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > The Constant Gardener

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The Constant Gardener
Saw this movie on Sat with some nice friends...
Ralph Fiennes in the lead role was a gud start ; p
Rachel Weiz also very gud.
Best parts of the movie...lots of hints and innuendos dropped, very nicely done. But it turns out different in the end. Wat u saw is not wat u get.
Gr8 shots of Africa, the land, the ppl...lovely

However, depressing atmosphere overall... not a recommended movie for a 1st date, suggest u try Rumor has It instead!! LOL
The text you are quoting:
Saw this movie on Sat with some nice friends...
Ralph Fiennes in the lead role was a gud start ; p
Rachel Weiz also very gud.
Best parts of the movie...lots of hints and innuendos dropped, very nicely done. But it turns out different in the end. Wat u saw is not wat u get.
Gr8 shots of Africa, the land, the ppl...lovely

However, depressing atmosphere overall... not a recommended movie for a 1st date, suggest u try Rumor has It instead!! LOL
TiggerJan 15, 2006 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1404 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The Constant Gardener
Post 1
very sad though , unfortunately I think there is a distinct ring of truth in there somewhere , this is definately a tear jerker....
holds some very clear insights into african life ...

oh ps: what was youre take on memoirs of a geisha ?
very sad though , unfortunately I think there is a distinct ring of truth in there somewhere , this is definately a tear jerker....
holds some very clear insights into african life ...

oh ps: what was youre take on memoirs of a geisha ?
tantien, Jan 16, 2006 @ 23:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Very easy to watch, great plot, deep story.
Very easy to watch, great plot, deep story.
Iolly, Jan 17, 2006 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Not complaining because is good for me but it has confused me for the last 12 months - why do some films appear on DVD rental sometimes even before they appear in the cinema in Geneva. For example Constant Gardner was available on DVD at same time as in the cinema, and Ray was available even before. Why does it work like this - surely they must lose out somehow. Does anyone know?
Not complaining because is good for me but it has confused me for the last 12 months - why do some films appear on DVD rental sometimes even before they appear in the cinema in Geneva. For example Constant Gardner was available on DVD at same time as in the cinema, and Ray was available even before. Why does it work like this - surely they must lose out somehow. Does anyone know?
Singean, Jan 22, 2006 @ 15:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Usually the early DVD releases are due to the fact that the movies are sometimes available in the US cinemas 6 months before Europe, and the Rental Stores have access to the Region 1 (US) DVD releases , the same is true for Asia releases which are ahead of Europe. This is purely to enable the stars to promote the film on it's release in each region.
Usually the early DVD releases are due to the fact that the movies are sometimes available in the US cinemas 6 months before Europe, and the Rental Stores have access to the Region 1 (US) DVD releases , the same is true for Asia releases which are ahead of Europe. This is purely to enable the stars to promote the film on it's release in each region.
britabroad, Jan 23, 2006 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
When the same thing happened in my country it was because legislation changed to allow 'parallel importing'; where DVD shop owners were able to import DVDs outside of exclusive licensing arrangements - which the cinema chains are usually locked into, and which determine the pace at which movies can be released.
When the same thing happened in my country it was because legislation changed to allow 'parallel importing'; where DVD shop owners were able to import DVDs outside of exclusive licensing arrangements - which the cinema chains are usually locked into, and which determine the pace at which movies can be released.
Bella98, Jan 25, 2006 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I really reccommend it, great actors, thought provoking, it has all been said, so all I have left to do is to encourage you to see it, what are you waiting?!
I really reccommend it, great actors, thought provoking, it has all been said, so all I have left to do is to encourage you to see it, what are you waiting?!
Crazy_Llama, Feb 1, 2006 @ 23:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Agree with all of you that the film was highly enjoyable although it's not likely to feel very lifted when you leave the cinema. All round though a very good cast, well shot, well paced and well scripted story.

The book is also excellent and could be easily neglected. The film kept to the John Le Carres book in spirit rather tracking the story religiously. The result (if you've already seen the film) is a an extremely entertaining read with characters and situations being viewed from different angles and greater sympathy for all involved (except for the dastardly villains). Although I'm biased as I'm quite a Le Carre fan, for anyone who enjoyed the film I'd say pick up the book too, there's little overlap between the two and I really think this is one of his best.
Agree with all of you that the film was highly enjoyable although it's not likely to feel very lifted when you leave the cinema. All round though a very good cast, well shot, well paced and well scripted story.

The book is also excellent and could be easily neglected. The film kept to the John Le Carres book in spirit rather tracking the story religiously. The result (if you've already seen the film) is a an extremely entertaining read with characters and situations being viewed from different angles and greater sympathy for all involved (except for the dastardly villains). Although I'm biased as I'm quite a Le Carre fan, for anyone who enjoyed the film I'd say pick up the book too, there's little overlap between the two and I really think this is one of his best.
Singean, Feb 11, 2006 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
That's true Sherri: you will get out of this movie a little bit "low": I wasnt especially depressed but poor Sherri and Tigger decided to go home after this..Not enough sexy men in there ladies???
That's true Sherri: you will get out of this movie a little bit "low": I wasnt especially depressed but poor Sherri and Tigger decided to go home after this..Not enough sexy men in there ladies???
JiMEGA, Feb 12, 2006 @ 04:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1404 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form