Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > The Pirates of the carribeans 4-on stranger tides

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The Pirates of the carribeans 4-on stranger tides

No, i said, i am NOT going to see another Pirate of the carribeans film, anything but that, we own the first three and the one with the octopus gave me nightmares, no, absolutely NO, but there i found myself as Kalil Gibran, my favorite poet adviced about parenting, "not to try to make them like yourself, (no classic concert tonight) but try to become like them"

We rented a paddle  boat on the lake  which was the perfect thing to do on a beautiful summer evening , be on the water watching the clouds and so it was the perfect preparation for watching a pirate film ..

The film just came out the other day but we managed to get very good seats in the middle, got our 3D glasses and took a trip to another time and place.

Johnny Depp has had me as a fan for a long time but this time he's really done it, a cool pirate who never allows himself to fall in love next to Penelope cruz who has always done a great job, add some British characters, some spanish blood and you have a fantastic production.

I was hoping it had some educational value as well as the spanish competed with the British for the  quest for the fountain of youth.

Yes, actually dont we all go towards that quest these days seeking to be young forever?

Having children means that sometimes you can allow yourself to be young again and watch the kind of films that take you back to the days when everything seemed possible.

I had the best company for the film , he was tough but he even let me hold his hands in the scary bits, and i suspect in a few years my handsome son will have girls fighting to sit next to him so i got lucky.

The mermaids made me think about gender roles, they look beautiful but the men have to watch out not to be seduced by them and dragged to the depths of the sea, which is something Dr. Freud would have loved to discuss further so yes it is a deep film in that sense as well.

Last comment: the film is limited to age 12 and above, so i lied which pleased my 11 year old son and made me an official pirate like  cool parent , one that never checks homework or demands proper behavior and allows fun.

It is a great film and a great escape for parents and kids alike 

http://youtu.be/KR_9A-cUEJc

The text you are quoting:

No, i said, i am NOT going to see another Pirate of the carribeans film, anything but that, we own the first three and the one with the octopus gave me nightmares, no, absolutely NO, but there i found myself as Kalil Gibran, my favorite poet adviced about parenting, "not to try to make them like yourself, (no classic concert tonight) but try to become like them"

We rented a paddle  boat on the lake  which was the perfect thing to do on a beautiful summer evening , be on the water watching the clouds and so it was the perfect preparation for watching a pirate film ..

The film just came out the other day but we managed to get very good seats in the middle, got our 3D glasses and took a trip to another time and place.

Johnny Depp has had me as a fan for a long time but this time he's really done it, a cool pirate who never allows himself to fall in love next to Penelope cruz who has always done a great job, add some British characters, some spanish blood and you have a fantastic production.

I was hoping it had some educational value as well as the spanish competed with the British for the  quest for the fountain of youth.

Yes, actually dont we all go towards that quest these days seeking to be young forever?

Having children means that sometimes you can allow yourself to be young again and watch the kind of films that take you back to the days when everything seemed possible.

I had the best company for the film , he was tough but he even let me hold his hands in the scary bits, and i suspect in a few years my handsome son will have girls fighting to sit next to him so i got lucky.

The mermaids made me think about gender roles, they look beautiful but the men have to watch out not to be seduced by them and dragged to the depths of the sea, which is something Dr. Freud would have loved to discuss further so yes it is a deep film in that sense as well.

Last comment: the film is limited to age 12 and above, so i lied which pleased my 11 year old son and made me an official pirate like  cool parent , one that never checks homework or demands proper behavior and allows fun.

It is a great film and a great escape for parents and kids alike 

http://youtu.be/KR_9A-cUEJc

starMay 21, 2011 @ 08:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1211 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1211 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form