Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Where are the Zombies?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where are the Zombies?

I've yet to read a decent review on zombies.  Moreover, does the "theme" have to be the same? (blood & brainspattering gore)  I say NO.  Finally, there's a book out addressing this and other issues at the heart of this type of story: 

Zombie Chronicles: Cost of Humanity

I'll try to sum up without spoilers..ehem..in a word, evolution.  Think of how vampires have evolved over time (from insatiable neck-biting, to Vlad, to Interview with a Vampire). Same deal with Werewolves.  From gratuitous gore, teenage werewolf, and Wolf, with Jack Nicholson.  Or, think of them being put together, like Evolution or Twilight.  This is the the kind of progressive track that Zombie Chronicles: Cost of Humanity portrays Zombies.  In all my reading and movie reviews, only 2 other works come close, but never make the cross-over happen..until now.

Any thoughts?

ps. I'll be away this weekend, but will happily review (and reply) to all responses to this thread.

The text you are quoting:

I've yet to read a decent review on zombies.  Moreover, does the "theme" have to be the same? (blood & brainspattering gore)  I say NO.  Finally, there's a book out addressing this and other issues at the heart of this type of story: 

I'll try to sum up without spoilers..ehem..in a word, evolution.  Think of how vampires have evolved over time (from insatiable neck-biting, to Vlad, to Interview with a Vampire). Same deal with Werewolves.  From gratuitous gore, teenage werewolf, and Wolf, with Jack Nicholson.  Or, think of them being put together, like Evolution or Twilight.  This is the the kind of progressive track that Zombie Chronicles: Cost of Humanity portrays Zombies.  In all my reading and movie reviews, only 2 other works come close, but never make the cross-over happen..until now.

Any thoughts?

ps. I'll be away this weekend, but will happily review (and reply) to all responses to this thread.

J KDec 6, 2013 @ 07:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1472 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Where are the Zombies?
Post 1

Any thoughts?

Dec 6, 13 07:14

Hi JK. What exactly do you mean when you say, "I've yet to read a decent review on Zombies"? As this is just a group how could 'they' be reviewed?

If you were referring to works of fiction, "Apocalyse Z: The Beginning of the end" was superb (don't read the sequel as it's shite!) and World War Z (BOOK ONLY) by Max Brooks was also outstanding.

Call me old-school but I prefer my vampires à la Christopher Lee, not that mumbling twat Robert Patterson or whatever his name is. Laughing

Speaking as a fellow author, I wish you all the best with your books!

The text you are quoting:

Hi JK. What exactly do you mean when you say, "I've yet to read a decent review on Zombies"? As this is just a group how could 'they' be reviewed?

If you were referring to works of fiction, "Apocalyse Z: The Beginning of the end" was superb (don't read the sequel as it's shite!) and World War Z (BOOK ONLY) by Max Brooks was also outstanding.

Call me old-school but I prefer my vampires à la Christopher Lee, not that mumbling twat Robert Patterson or whatever his name is. Laughing

Speaking as a fellow author, I wish you all the best with your books!

Rich, Dec 6, 2013 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1472 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form