Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Your Oscars predictions?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Your Oscars predictions?

List of all nominees.

I know that with the late release dates of movies in Switzerland it's impossible to see all oscar nominated movies, but what are your predictions? 

Here are mine:

Best movie: Lincoln. I think that Argo is a better movie, but Lincoln is good and it's about America's greatest president. Amour has won some international prices but won't win the Oscar. 

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln. No contest. 

Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook. It's either her or Emmanuaelle Riva in Amour, but I haven't seen Amour so can't judge. 

Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln. Frankly I have no idea. Christoph Waltz won an oscar 2 years ago for a very similar movie so shouldn't have much of a chance. Robert de Niro and Alan Arkin had a insignificant role in their movies. Philip Seymour Hoffman may win it though.

Actress in a supporting role: Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables. I don't think any others have a chance; Hathaway's version of I Dreamed a Dream is haunting and beautiful. 

Best animated film: Wreck-it Ralph. No clear favorite here; Brave and Pirates have equal chances.

Best director: Stephen Spielberg for Lincoln. His main contestant, Ben Afleck for Argo, who won most of the other directing award this year, was not even nominated for the Oscar.

Best adapted screenplay: Argo. Because it needs to win something. 

Best original screenplay: Amour. Other nominees aren't as fantastic, and Amour has won several other awards already

I don't care about the other categories. My favorite movies of the year: Argo, Django Unchained and Dredd.

The text you are quoting:

List of all nominees.

I know that with the late release dates of movies in Switzerland it's impossible to see all oscar nominated movies, but what are your predictions? 

Here are mine:

Best movie: Lincoln. I think that Argo is a better movie, but Lincoln is good and it's about America's greatest president. Amour has won some international prices but won't win the Oscar. 

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln. No contest. 

Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook. It's either her or Emmanuaelle Riva in Amour, but I haven't seen Amour so can't judge. 

Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln. Frankly I have no idea. Christoph Waltz won an oscar 2 years ago for a very similar movie so shouldn't have much of a chance. Robert de Niro and Alan Arkin had a insignificant role in their movies. Philip Seymour Hoffman may win it though.

Actress in a supporting role: Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables. I don't think any others have a chance; Hathaway's version of I Dreamed a Dream is haunting and beautiful. 

Best animated film: Wreck-it Ralph. No clear favorite here; Brave and Pirates have equal chances.

Best director: Stephen Spielberg for Lincoln. His main contestant, Ben Afleck for Argo, who won most of the other directing award this year, was not even nominated for the Oscar.

Best adapted screenplay: Argo. Because it needs to win something. 

Best original screenplay: Amour. Other nominees aren't as fantastic, and Amour has won several other awards already

I don't care about the other categories. My favorite movies of the year: Argo, Django Unchained and Dredd.

Edward BFeb 21, 2013 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1420 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Your Oscars predictions?
Post 1

guilty

guilty

no.38, Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Your Oscars predictions?
Post 2

one of my prediction went wrong and i do not know why this happened, i have predicted that "the dark knight rise" will win screenplay award and background score too.

one of my prediction went wrong and i do not know why this happened, i have predicted that "the dark knight rise" will win screenplay award and background score too.

hassel lee, May 14, 2013 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1420 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form