Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
obscure authors?
There's an author I was introduced to who only turns up in a comic strip. Her latest book was published by a vanity press. Connie Willis writes fiction. The first book I read by her was Bellwether which is science fiction only because it's fiction about scientists.
Floydmarks brought up an author who doesn't even appear when you google him, so in honor of obscure authors, I give you this thread. If you have an author you don't think enough people have heard of, give us a heads up here.
The text you are quoting:
There's an author I was introduced to who only turns up in a comic strip. Her latest book was published by a vanity press. Connie Willis writes fiction. The first book I read by her was Bellwether which is science fiction only because it's fiction about scientists.
Floydmarks brought up an author who doesn't even appear when you google him, so in honor of obscure authors, I give you this thread. If you have an author you don't think enough people have heard of, give us a heads up here.
misskateFeb 3, 2006 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1056 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: obscure authors?
Post 1
its brillant. outside Sofia Bulgaria in the late 80's in a typing school exchange program where they sold all the typewriters to pay off what was supposedly a ransom for their asterisks and amphersands professor. all they have to work on are 6 surplus algerian army coding typewriters, each with 117 unmarked keys. nobody can as much as type 'Vodka' because they dont have the codes to decrypt their own work. UNESCO clerks, recovering from what is likely the most monumental of hangovers in literay history, mistakenly declare the building ("its like a tower of trailer parks, only wobblier...") a heritage site with the results being that nobody can get the proper permits to rebuild the boilers. when winter sets in they have no heat and are reduced to snuggling together and typing "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" through their soviet sniper mittens. changed my life...
its brillant. outside Sofia Bulgaria in the late 80's in a typing school exchange program where they sold all the typewriters to pay off what was supposedly a ransom for their asterisks and amphersands professor. all they have to work on are 6 surplus algerian army coding typewriters, each with 117 unmarked keys. nobody can as much as type 'Vodka' because they dont have the codes to decrypt their own work. UNESCO clerks, recovering from what is likely the most monumental of hangovers in literay history, mistakenly declare the building ("its like a tower of trailer parks, only wobblier...") a heritage site with the results being that nobody can get the proper permits to rebuild the boilers. when winter sets in they have no heat and are reduced to snuggling together and typing "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" through their soviet sniper mittens. changed my life...
floydmarks, Feb 3, 2006 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: obscure authors?
Post 2
sorry that was Tony Morrisson...probably not related
sorry that was Tony Morrisson...probably not related
floydmarks, Feb 3, 2006 @ 14:56