Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > the curious incident of the dog in the nightime

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
the curious incident of the dog in the nightime
anyone who hasnt read it yet must run to the shop and i guess put an order as it will be sold out.

other really good reads, though not too recent:
the amazing adventures of cavalier and klay
the corrections
The text you are quoting:
anyone who hasnt read it yet must run to the shop and i guess put an order as it will be sold out.

other really good reads, though not too recent:
the amazing adventures of cavalier and klay
the corrections
genieJan 11, 2006 @ 23:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1322 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: the curious incident of the dog in the nightime
Post 1
Was passing through the book shop and saw this book. Looked interesting at the begining but soon the joke wasn't funny anymore and it became a little boring. It is ok, but not more than that.
Was passing through the book shop and saw this book. Looked interesting at the begining but soon the joke wasn't funny anymore and it became a little boring. It is ok, but not more than that.
zenbrain, Jan 12, 2006 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
The original post mentioned 3 different titles, to which one are you referring?

Thanks! :)
The original post mentioned 3 different titles, to which one are you referring?

Thanks! :)
misskate, Jan 12, 2006 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I liked it, but something very strange happended to me: I got very sad every time I read it!

Maybe this points to some personal screw up in me, but everytime I read about this kid who'd world is no naive black and white, and how he goes throgh life, I got sad.

I had to stop before finishing the book cos it just got to me...strange. But the book is well written and I also recommend it
I liked it, but something very strange happended to me: I got very sad every time I read it!

Maybe this points to some personal screw up in me, but everytime I read about this kid who'd world is no naive black and white, and how he goes throgh life, I got sad.

I had to stop before finishing the book cos it just got to me...strange. But the book is well written and I also recommend it
Nir Ofek, Jan 12, 2006 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I was talking about the curious incident...
I was talking about the curious incident...
zenbrain, Jan 12, 2006 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
The book was good, and I really liked it.
But as Nir_ everytime I read it, I get So deeply sad for those kids who really have the Asperger sybdrom and can't understand feelings and whatever is not logical ...

I know I always complain how not even "normal" people can understand other people feelings and espressions... but ... that's the beauty of life, isn't it?

Anyway, a good book to me :)

Cheers
Val
The book was good, and I really liked it.
But as Nir_ everytime I read it, I get So deeply sad for those kids who really have the Asperger sybdrom and can't understand feelings and whatever is not logical ...

I know I always complain how not even "normal" people can understand other people feelings and espressions... but ... that's the beauty of life, isn't it?

Anyway, a good book to me :)

Cheers
Val
Hoiling, Jan 12, 2006 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
It does give you a sad feeling because the life of this kid is not easy at all, on the other hand I find it fascinating the way he understands the world, and that is what this book does really well. gives you another way of looking at things, of understanding them. For instance when describing a character we see for the first time, the kid mentions the number of holes he has on his shoe pattern, or the things they say, but not your average description of he's blond, tall, a doctor, skinny, etc... You have to discover everything using clues others than those we are used to...In that sense its orginal and worth reading till the end!
It does give you a sad feeling because the life of this kid is not easy at all, on the other hand I find it fascinating the way he understands the world, and that is what this book does really well. gives you another way of looking at things, of understanding them. For instance when describing a character we see for the first time, the kid mentions the number of holes he has on his shoe pattern, or the things they say, but not your average description of he's blond, tall, a doctor, skinny, etc... You have to discover everything using clues others than those we are used to...In that sense its orginal and worth reading till the end!
Crazy_Llama, Jan 14, 2006 @ 17:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
I think Crazy Llama really hit the nail on the head. Well, at least for me as I think this book will provoke different reactions for different people. I was amazed at how "right" some of those "wrong" descriptions were.

I guess because I am a rather complicated person and always see too many layers to everything. Sometimes, what you see is what you get.

genie
I think Crazy Llama really hit the nail on the head. Well, at least for me as I think this book will provoke different reactions for different people. I was amazed at how "right" some of those "wrong" descriptions were.

I guess because I am a rather complicated person and always see too many layers to everything. Sometimes, what you see is what you get.

genie
genie, Jan 17, 2006 @ 00:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
I was also saddened by the book. Christopher was so likeable, funny, inventive and resourceful that I was agonised and frustrated by the realisation that he would never just "get better". On an incredibly minor level this must be how it feels for parents, friends, family members etc who care for and support people with similar conditions. I think the book should be on anyones recomended list if only to help promote awareness, appreciation and understanding that these conditions are out there.
I was also saddened by the book. Christopher was so likeable, funny, inventive and resourceful that I was agonised and frustrated by the realisation that he would never just "get better". On an incredibly minor level this must be how it feels for parents, friends, family members etc who care for and support people with similar conditions. I think the book should be on anyones recomended list if only to help promote awareness, appreciation and understanding that these conditions are out there.
Singean, Jan 21, 2006 @ 00:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
There's another children's book (Curious Incident is considered juvenile fiction) dealing with autism. It's called Al Capone Does My Shirts. The story is interesting enough without the story line of the sister. The main character lives on Alcatraz Island because his father works at the prison. Very good read. If you're into children's lit at all, it's a worthwhile read.
There's another children's book (Curious Incident is considered juvenile fiction) dealing with autism. It's called Al Capone Does My Shirts. The story is interesting enough without the story line of the sister. The main character lives on Alcatraz Island because his father works at the prison. Very good read. If you're into children's lit at all, it's a worthwhile read.
misskate, Jan 25, 2006 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1322 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form