Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
want to be a chef?
nope, i don't think i do! just finished reading Kitchen Confidential at the recommendation of a former chef friend. wowzas. eye opening. i'm on a 'food' book kick at the moment. i am currently in the middle of The Man Who Ate Everything. it seems to be more science-y and hypothetical (written by a former food critic) than 'day in the life of...' equally good, but different.
The text you are quoting:
nope, i don't think i do! just finished reading Kitchen Confidential at the recommendation of a former chef friend. wowzas. eye opening. i'm on a 'food' book kick at the moment. i am currently in the middle of The Man Who Ate Everything. it seems to be more science-y and hypothetical (written by a former food critic) than 'day in the life of...' equally good, but different.
fuzzyshoeApr 19, 2006 @ 22:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1199 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: want to be a chef?
Post 1
suonds interesting (the one u just finished) ..but I never read a food-book or cook-book ...that wasn't a recipies one .. so .. can u please share more details on what it's all about?

Val
suonds interesting (the one u just finished) ..but I never read a food-book or cook-book ...that wasn't a recipies one .. so .. can u please share more details on what it's all about?

Val
Hoiling, Apr 20, 2006 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: want to be a chef?
Post 2
ask hoiling and you shall receive :)

Kitchen Confidential chronicles Chef Anthony Bourdain's (mis)adventures in the world of haute cuisine and otherwise. Beginning with his first eye opening trip to Paris when he was a child (cold soup!), to his first job in a restaurant, and his subsequent climb up to becoming head of the line cook pirate gang. Of course all of this is underscored by the copious amounts of drugs to be had in the 80's and peppered liberally with profanities. Good times and not for the faint of heart. You may very well start paying closer attention to what you eat when and where (never order fish on a monday and for god sake DON'T get the seafood frittata on the buffet :) Really, it's just one chef's story and very colorful perspective of the industry but a great view into a world many of us never see.
ask hoiling and you shall receive :)

Kitchen Confidential chronicles Chef Anthony Bourdain's (mis)adventures in the world of haute cuisine and otherwise. Beginning with his first eye opening trip to Paris when he was a child (cold soup!), to his first job in a restaurant, and his subsequent climb up to becoming head of the line cook pirate gang. Of course all of this is underscored by the copious amounts of drugs to be had in the 80's and peppered liberally with profanities. Good times and not for the faint of heart. You may very well start paying closer attention to what you eat when and where (never order fish on a monday and for god sake DON'T get the seafood frittata on the buffet :) Really, it's just one chef's story and very colorful perspective of the industry but a great view into a world many of us never see.
fuzzyshoe, Apr 20, 2006 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1199 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form