Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > A Very Formal Introduction

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A Very Formal Introduction
Hello everybody! I've been hanging around, reading these forums for some time now so maybe it's only fair I introduce myself too.

My name is Katri (you would never have guessed from my nick, would you?). I'm a 25-year-old Finnish girl. I come from a small town in northern Finland - some might call it a village as it's only 8000 people - but have known since I was five that I want to go abroad and see the world. So far it's been a lot of travel in Europe, some in Asia, and a couple of months living in Germany, Switzerland (Bern) and Hong Kong. Still a lot of the world to cover, but working on it. :)

I'm still here in Finland at the moment actually, got so over-excited about moving to Geneva that I joined this community already. :) I hope to finish my studies in time before the big move in January... Coming there to work so would be nice to have that degree ready!

I like good company, meeting new and interesting people, traveling, music, movies, and scaring people with the peculiarities of my native tongue. It's not that tough: hello is hei, bye bye is hei hei. Then again, there once was a competition on the longest single word that would still be grammatically correct and the winner was...

ep?j?rjestelm?llistytt?m?tt?myydell??ns?k??nk?p?h?n.

Yes, that is one word only. We Finns like to use a lot of endings.

The text you are quoting:
Hello everybody! I've been hanging around, reading these forums for some time now so maybe it's only fair I introduce myself too.

My name is Katri (you would never have guessed from my nick, would you?). I'm a 25-year-old Finnish girl. I come from a small town in northern Finland - some might call it a village as it's only 8000 people - but have known since I was five that I want to go abroad and see the world. So far it's been a lot of travel in Europe, some in Asia, and a couple of months living in Germany, Switzerland (Bern) and Hong Kong. Still a lot of the world to cover, but working on it. :)

I'm still here in Finland at the moment actually, got so over-excited about moving to Geneva that I joined this community already. :) I hope to finish my studies in time before the big move in January... Coming there to work so would be nice to have that degree ready!

I like good company, meeting new and interesting people, traveling, music, movies, and scaring people with the peculiarities of my native tongue. It's not that tough: hello is hei, bye bye is hei hei. Then again, there once was a competition on the longest single word that would still be grammatically correct and the winner was...

ep?j?rjestelm?llistytt?m?tt?myydell??ns?k??nk?p?h?n.

Yes, that is one word only. We Finns like to use a lot of endings.

KatriSep 28, 2005 @ 03:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1447 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A Very Formal Introduction
Post 1
Sorry for all the question marks in the Finnish word - apparently the site didn't recognise the "a with dots on top of it" as a letter. :)
Sorry for all the question marks in the Finnish word - apparently the site didn't recognise the "a with dots on top of it" as a letter. :)
Katri, Sep 28, 2005 @ 03:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Keep posting, Katri! No more lurking for you! :)

The sooner you move here, the sooner you can discover the great things about Geneva. It's also really easy to travel out of Geneva (which some people might think is the best part of Geneva, but they would be wrong). Lots of great stuff happening here.

Good luck with the move!
Keep posting, Katri! No more lurking for you! :)

The sooner you move here, the sooner you can discover the great things about Geneva. It's also really easy to travel out of Geneva (which some people might think is the best part of Geneva, but they would be wrong). Lots of great stuff happening here.

Good luck with the move!
misskate, Sep 28, 2005 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas sure is a word - it's just a different category since it's actually many words written as one, not one word with all the possible endings. At least it makes some kind of sense although I doubt anyone has actually ever used that in a sentence... :)
Lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas sure is a word - it's just a different category since it's actually many words written as one, not one word with all the possible endings. At least it makes some kind of sense although I doubt anyone has actually ever used that in a sentence... :)
Katri, Sep 29, 2005 @ 02:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
...which is actually pretty soon! The internationality is one of the things I like so much about Geneva. Makes things interesting. :)
...which is actually pretty soon! The internationality is one of the things I like so much about Geneva. Makes things interesting. :)
Katri, Sep 29, 2005 @ 02:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1447 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form