Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > A few words from the cat

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A few words from the cat
Strictly speaking, I am not so new to Geneva, though lately it does feel like that a bit (sad violin music in the background....).

I am blessed with some really great friends - unfortunately most of them are not in Geneva (anymore), so I'm on a lookout to meet new interesting people in Geneva from all walks of life.

Something about me: I come from a small, yet beautiful country in Central Europe (or Mediterranean as we like to think:-), but have lived abroad for almost a decade now. I'm in Geneva since 3 years, working in marketing/management department of one of the multinationals and travel loads, both for work and pleasure ( gotta see those above mentioned distant friends:-).

I love foreign languages and speak a few (the number and fluency increases with number of alcohol units consumed), can be often spotted in Holmes place, due to my growing like of Yoga and Pilates. I think NOTHING can replace a sense of humour and that one shouldn't take him/herself seriously.
I'm also obsessed with music - though not a connoseur, I listen to the music ALL the time..maybe even with low standards sometimes ( though I haven't stooped to Take that and the likes:-)...Also like meeting people, travelling, eating....drinking milk and all the other "regular" stuff. oh - and absolutely love shoes and have a very weak spot for those.

I already have my first Genevaonline event behind me (thanks for organizing a fab brunch, Brogsta:) - and am looking forward to many, many more. Unfortunately have to miss the 2000 party this saturday for my mom's birthday, but given the membership growth rate I'm sure we'll have a 2500 party soon and count on me then.

That's all for now - happy to be here with all 2000odd members:-)))
The text you are quoting:
Strictly speaking, I am not so new to Geneva, though lately it does feel like that a bit (sad violin music in the background....).

I am blessed with some really great friends - unfortunately most of them are not in Geneva (anymore), so I'm on a lookout to meet new interesting people in Geneva from all walks of life.

Something about me: I come from a small, yet beautiful country in Central Europe (or Mediterranean as we like to think:-), but have lived abroad for almost a decade now. I'm in Geneva since 3 years, working in marketing/management department of one of the multinationals and travel loads, both for work and pleasure ( gotta see those above mentioned distant friends:-).

I love foreign languages and speak a few (the number and fluency increases with number of alcohol units consumed), can be often spotted in Holmes place, due to my growing like of Yoga and Pilates. I think NOTHING can replace a sense of humour and that one shouldn't take him/herself seriously.
I'm also obsessed with music - though not a connoseur, I listen to the music ALL the time..maybe even with low standards sometimes ( though I haven't stooped to Take that and the likes:-)...Also like meeting people, travelling, eating....drinking milk and all the other "regular" stuff. oh - and absolutely love shoes and have a very weak spot for those.

I already have my first Genevaonline event behind me (thanks for organizing a fab brunch, Brogsta:) - and am looking forward to many, many more. Unfortunately have to miss the 2000 party this saturday for my mom's birthday, but given the membership growth rate I'm sure we'll have a 2500 party soon and count on me then.

That's all for now - happy to be here with all 2000odd members:-)))
kitty_catMar 8, 2006 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1116 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A few words from the cat
Post 1
Your words about friends leaving Geneva sounds so familiar...it's one of the things I find touge about Geneva - we make good friends, and there's a high chance they will leave town.

Welcome to the GoL community, and happy birthday to your mum!

Nir
Your words about friends leaving Geneva sounds so familiar...it's one of the things I find touge about Geneva - we make good friends, and there's a high chance they will leave town.

Welcome to the GoL community, and happy birthday to your mum!

Nir

Nir Ofek, Mar 8, 2006 @ 13:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
translated for non-feline speakers as "welcome kitty!"

4 sure u'll find some new friends on GOL KittyCat..as well as fellow shoe-addicts (ck out Iolly's addictions thread on General Noise), music connoisseurs (what's wrong with Take That??!!?) and more parties to come (ck out mine & Phoeb's Bond Nite on Thurs..wanna join?)

C U at the next scratching post!
translated for non-feline speakers as "welcome kitty!"

4 sure u'll find some new friends on GOL KittyCat..as well as fellow shoe-addicts (ck out Iolly's addictions thread on General Noise), music connoisseurs (what's wrong with Take That??!!?) and more parties to come (ck out mine & Phoeb's Bond Nite on Thurs..wanna join?)

C U at the next scratching post!
Tigger, Mar 8, 2006 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
It was lovely to meet you at the brunch, and well done on doing your intro!
I'll have to pick your brain soon about holidays in your country. You need to come out again soon!
It was lovely to meet you at the brunch, and well done on doing your intro!
I'll have to pick your brain soon about holidays in your country. You need to come out again soon!
Jillybeano, Mar 8, 2006 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
c u all around - just need to make sure i stay away from the birds now!
c u all around - just need to make sure i stay away from the birds now!
kitty_cat, Mar 10, 2006 @ 08:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
same here - and no worries about holiday advice..Yours truly, Kitty Cat dream destinations:-)
same here - and no worries about holiday advice..Yours truly, Kitty Cat dream destinations:-)
kitty_cat, Mar 10, 2006 @ 08:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
...for the welcome and thanks for making the GOL happen and saving all these "lost" souls in Geneva, cats inclusive. Super positive karma, Nir:-)
Have fun on Saturday!
...for the welcome and thanks for making the GOL happen and saving all these "lost" souls in Geneva, cats inclusive. Super positive karma, Nir:-)
Have fun on Saturday!
kitty_cat, Mar 10, 2006 @ 08:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1116 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form