Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A guy from Madrid
Hi everyone,
Really I'm in Geneva since July 05 but I never had seen this place. Some days ago one friend told me about book in GOL and... here I am.
Well, about me... I'm a spanish guy born in Madrid in a strange day (29.02.1980) that one day decided learn other languages and cultures and applied to a job in Geneva.
For the moment my stay here is very satisfying (of course I miss Spain a lot but...). I like winter sports, books, vidiogames, parties, girls...
the same that all men but watching sports ;-)))
Ok, this is my resume.

P.D. Un saludo a toda la gente hispano hablante que haya por aqui.

Cheers,
Althor.

The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone,
Really I'm in Geneva since July 05 but I never had seen this place. Some days ago one friend told me about book in GOL and... here I am.
Well, about me... I'm a spanish guy born in Madrid in a strange day (29.02.1980) that one day decided learn other languages and cultures and applied to a job in Geneva.
For the moment my stay here is very satisfying (of course I miss Spain a lot but...). I like winter sports, books, vidiogames, parties, girls...
the same that all men but watching sports ;-)))
Ok, this is my resume.

P.D. Un saludo a toda la gente hispano hablante que haya por aqui.

Cheers,
Althor.

AlthorMar 4, 2006 @ 19:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1136 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A guy from Madrid
Post 1
Hola Althor:

Welcome. Although I feel saying this since I just got here myself. My husband lived in Madrid for five years and then I dragged him away...De todas maneras, hay varios hispano hablantes miembros de este sitio, asi que deberiamos organizar algo. Aunque siempre es bueno mezclar el asunto.
Nos vemos,
Flor
Hola Althor:

Welcome. Although I feel saying this since I just got here myself. My husband lived in Madrid for five years and then I dragged him away...De todas maneras, hay varios hispano hablantes miembros de este sitio, asi que deberiamos organizar algo. Aunque siempre es bueno mezclar el asunto.
Nos vemos,
Flor

flower, Mar 4, 2006 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
welcome to Geneva and to GoL!

I was told by many people that Madris is almost the exact opposite in Geneva, in almost everything you look at. Is that correct?

Nir
welcome to Geneva and to GoL!

I was told by many people that Madris is almost the exact opposite in Geneva, in almost everything you look at. Is that correct?

Nir

Nir Ofek, Mar 6, 2006 @ 12:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Well... really is different. In Madrid there are a lot of cultures also, but the most difference is that is a always awake city, you can find all you want at any time. The people is more friendly. Of course the parking and the traffic really sucks, but you have to consider that really is a very big city (around 3.5 millions only in the city).
Well... really is different. In Madrid there are a lot of cultures also, but the most difference is that is a always awake city, you can find all you want at any time. The people is more friendly. Of course the parking and the traffic really sucks, but you have to consider that really is a very big city (around 3.5 millions only in the city).
Althor, Mar 6, 2006 @ 12:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hey Althor!

great to meet somebody from Madrid!
Me falta mucho Madrid, especialmente las chicas y la comida! Seguramente necesitamos organisar alguna salida Latina como dice Flor!

Sorry non-Spanish speaking people, really is fun to speak Spanish once in a while! Certainly we do not want to isolate ourselves!

Hasta luego!

Jan, El viajero
Hey Althor!

great to meet somebody from Madrid!
Me falta mucho Madrid, especialmente las chicas y la comida! Seguramente necesitamos organisar alguna salida Latina como dice Flor!

Sorry non-Spanish speaking people, really is fun to speak Spanish once in a while! Certainly we do not want to isolate ourselves!

Hasta luego!

Jan, El viajero
JanElViajero, Mar 7, 2006 @ 00:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hey Nir,

my impression of Madrid is that it was really kinetic! I loved living there! Always something going on, and you seem to get so much more in a day in Madrid, it seems like your are living twice the life in Madrid.

One thing I found hilarious was the traffic jams at 3 o´clock at NIGHT in the weekends, all people going home from partying. The sidewalks at that hour are still literally PACKED with people! (when the weather is decent spring or summer, obviously)

Hey Nir,

my impression of Madrid is that it was really kinetic! I loved living there! Always something going on, and you seem to get so much more in a day in Madrid, it seems like your are living twice the life in Madrid.

One thing I found hilarious was the traffic jams at 3 o´clock at NIGHT in the weekends, all people going home from partying. The sidewalks at that hour are still literally PACKED with people! (when the weather is decent spring or summer, obviously)

JanElViajero, Mar 7, 2006 @ 00:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1136 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form