Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > An introduction and thanks to all

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
An introduction and thanks to all

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Imelda. I moved here to work at a university in Geneva, originally from Indonesia, and had lived in US and Spain. I have been to many places (India, East-Timor, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, and many EU countries) and have had the chance to meet many great people along the way. So, here, I hope to meet amazing people as well!

A bit more about me: I am learning French (really only with Duolingo, so my speaking is almost non-existent), I enjoy exploring new places, hikes (regular ones, not physically trained for the extremes), good conversation, badminton (too bad I didn't bring my racket here), and of course food :)

I just moved here a week ago but I wanted to firstly say thanks to all contributors in this forum. I read a lot of important "administrative" information and it had helped me before I actually move here. So to everyone here who have contributed their time sharing their knowledge, very much appreciate it :)

Best, 

The text you are quoting:

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Imelda. I moved here to work at a university in Geneva, originally from Indonesia, and had lived in US and Spain. I have been to many places (India, East-Timor, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, and many EU countries) and have had the chance to meet many great people along the way. So, here, I hope to meet amazing people as well!

A bit more about me: I am learning French (really only with Duolingo, so my speaking is almost non-existent), I enjoy exploring new places, hikes (regular ones, not physically trained for the extremes), good conversation, badminton (too bad I didn't bring my racket here), and of course food :)

I just moved here a week ago but I wanted to firstly say thanks to all contributors in this forum. I read a lot of important "administrative" information and it had helped me before I actually move here. So to everyone here who have contributed their time sharing their knowledge, very much appreciate it :)

Best, 

Imelda WSep 6, 2021 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1217 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: An introduction and thanks to all
Post 1

Best, 

Sep 6, 21 12:00

Hi Imelda, this is Lee Herr. I'll be back to Switzerland in december/21. Lets grab a coffee together and I'll show you around Berne.

Be welcome, Berne is a wonderful town.

Regards,

Lee

Hi Imelda, this is Lee Herr. I'll be back to Switzerland in december/21. Lets grab a coffee together and I'll show you around Berne.

Regards,

Lee

lee messerli, Sep 10, 2021 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome Imelda!

Be sure to check out the "Things to Do" section and join one or several. Obviously, it's a bit trickier these days in light of COVID, but still there are options. 

Also, look for Language Exchange options. Those are great ways to practice what you've learned on Duolingo (highly recommended!).

You can also organize something yourself, like "Meet me at Bains des Paquis for lunch outside" or something else you've seen and would like to do, but maybe would be more fun with others.

You can also join various "Groups" and see what activities they have or suggest activities....

One last thing....tomorrow (11 Sept) is the Geneva Pride Parade. It starts at 14h00 at President Wilson Hotel, which is on the lake, the same side as Cornavin and the WTO. I'm going to La Terrasse around that time to have some drinks and watch the parade go by.

I'll post an event, if you want to join.

Welcome Imelda!

Be sure to check out the "Things to Do" section and join one or several. Obviously, it's a bit trickier these days in light of COVID, but still there are options. 

Also, look for Language Exchange options. Those are great ways to practice what you've learned on Duolingo (highly recommended!).

You can also organize something yourself, like "Meet me at Bains des Paquis for lunch outside" or something else you've seen and would like to do, but maybe would be more fun with others.

You can also join various "Groups" and see what activities they have or suggest activities....

One last thing....tomorrow (11 Sept) is the Geneva Pride Parade. It starts at 14h00 at President Wilson Hotel, which is on the lake, the same side as Cornavin and the WTO. I'm going to La Terrasse around that time to have some drinks and watch the parade go by.

Zonker, Sep 10, 2021 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Regards,

Lee

Sep 10, 21 22:41

Hi Lee,

Thanks, would love to. Let's be in touch! :)

Imelda

Hi Lee,

Thanks, would love to. Let's be in touch! :)

Imelda

Imelda W, Sep 13, 2021 @ 17:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Welcome Imelda!

Sep 10, 21 22:50

Hi Zonker, 

Many thanks for your list of suggestions, will explore those!

I missed that Parade... but will join other events in the future :)

Imelda

Hi Zonker, 

Many thanks for your list of suggestions, will explore those!

I missed that Parade... but will join other events in the future :)

Imelda

Imelda W, Sep 13, 2021 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Glocals Member Drinks – Geneva – glocals activities & events

Glocals Member Drinks – Geneva – glocals activities & events