Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Arriv? pr?s de chez vous...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Arriv? pr?s de chez vous...
Hey Sherri, hey everyone,

Nice to be greeted with a welcome message. So I'll try to introduce myself. I live in G for a bit more than 1 year now and I noticed one thing: too many people are not aware (the favourite word of our belgian most famous philosopher Jean-claude Vandamme ;-)of how lucky they are to live in such an environment: lake, mountains all around, architecture... Of course, locals may appear a bit cold but up to us to go forward and to integrate local societies and associations, sport clubs and so on. Of course, I know more expats than locals and the locals I know are not necessary from G but from Fribourg, Vaud, Valais... but that's not a reason for me not to try and not to continue.
So, what else about me and my opinion? I have a PhD in physical education and work as lecturer at the Faculty of medicine. And I really enjoy it. Of course, I like doing and teaching sport, my favourite sport being soccer. The belgian team didn't qualify for the next World Cup :-(((, so I'll support the nati.
I have a daughter whose name is Romane and who is the nicest child in the world (but you're not obliged to believe it). She lives in Belgium with her mum, and of course I miss her, thus I frequently go back in Belgium by car (at least once a month). So if people from Wallonia or luxembourg want to benefit from the lift, welcome! And if some of you want to benefit from the belgian beer I bring back (the most famous and various in the world but you're not obliged to believe it), welcome too!
See you!
Ben
The text you are quoting:
Hey Sherri, hey everyone,

Nice to be greeted with a welcome message. So I'll try to introduce myself. I live in G for a bit more than 1 year now and I noticed one thing: too many people are not aware (the favourite word of our belgian most famous philosopher Jean-claude Vandamme ;-)of how lucky they are to live in such an environment: lake, mountains all around, architecture... Of course, locals may appear a bit cold but up to us to go forward and to integrate local societies and associations, sport clubs and so on. Of course, I know more expats than locals and the locals I know are not necessary from G but from Fribourg, Vaud, Valais... but that's not a reason for me not to try and not to continue.
So, what else about me and my opinion? I have a PhD in physical education and work as lecturer at the Faculty of medicine. And I really enjoy it. Of course, I like doing and teaching sport, my favourite sport being soccer. The belgian team didn't qualify for the next World Cup :-(((, so I'll support the nati.
I have a daughter whose name is Romane and who is the nicest child in the world (but you're not obliged to believe it). She lives in Belgium with her mum, and of course I miss her, thus I frequently go back in Belgium by car (at least once a month). So if people from Wallonia or luxembourg want to benefit from the lift, welcome! And if some of you want to benefit from the belgian beer I bring back (the most famous and various in the world but you're not obliged to believe it), welcome too!
See you!
Ben
BenZenDec 21, 2005 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1170 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Arriv? pr?s de chez vous...
Post 1
Thanks a lot for greeting me this way, Sarah. And thanks also for your invitation. Unfortunately, my students have been faster than you and invited me for dinner and party yesterday. I really enjoyed but...I am a bit tired today after only 3h sleeping!
I hope to see you early next year and wish you all the best for 2006.
Ben
Thanks a lot for greeting me this way, Sarah. And thanks also for your invitation. Unfortunately, my students have been faster than you and invited me for dinner and party yesterday. I really enjoyed but...I am a bit tired today after only 3h sleeping!
I hope to see you early next year and wish you all the best for 2006.
Ben
BenZen, Dec 22, 2005 @ 15:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Arriv? pr?s de chez vous...
Post 2
Thank you for greetings, Shorrick. Indeed I know Antonio and Markos. I celebrated the end of the year with them last thursday until 3 o'clock at the SIP.
Unfortunately, I won't go in Zermatt in january because I have to teach during this week :-(( That's sad but it's my job and I love it.
I wish you all the best for the last days of this year and for the coming one. I hope to meet you soon.
Ben
Thank you for greetings, Shorrick. Indeed I know Antonio and Markos. I celebrated the end of the year with them last thursday until 3 o'clock at the SIP.
Unfortunately, I won't go in Zermatt in january because I have to teach during this week :-(( That's sad but it's my job and I love it.
I wish you all the best for the last days of this year and for the coming one. I hope to meet you soon.
Ben
BenZen, Dec 22, 2005 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1170 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form