Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Bonjour! Any feedback for French courses providers?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bonjour! Any feedback for French courses providers?

Hey everybody. I moved 1 month ago in Geneva and looking for intensive French courses and already have visited Migros, Ifage, Swiss french school and also heard about Ecole-peg.

I'd be grateful for any related feedback about the schools above.

Wish you Happy New Year.

Yianni

The text you are quoting:

Hey everybody. I moved 1 month ago in Geneva and looking for intensive French courses and already have visited Migros, Ifage, Swiss french school and also heard about Ecole-peg.

I'd be grateful for any related feedback about the schools above.

Wish you Happy New Year.

Yianni

Ioannis MJan 4, 2019 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1169 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bonjour! Any feedback for French courses providers?
Post 1

Dear Ioannis,

Welcome to Geneva and Happy New Year!

I m the founder of Language Coaching Geneva and would be happy to teach you French!

Feel free to check out our website and contact me!

www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch

Dear Ioannis,

Welcome to Geneva and Happy New Year!

I m the founder of Language Coaching Geneva and would be happy to teach you French!

Feel free to check out our website and contact me!

www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch

Rachelle P, Jan 4, 2019 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Ioannis, welcome to Geneva. I have not had any experience with the schools you mention, but the international organization I worked for used Inlingua [https://www.inlingua-leman.ch/] for language lessons for our staff, specially for French courses. Click here for  the companies and institutions that use their services.

If you live close to Ferney Voltaire (Saconnex, UN, airport area), you may consider classes at French government-sanctioned GRETA, which is as good as any school in Geneva.

https://www.thelanguagecenter.ch/en/our-schools/the-language-center-ferney-voltaire/

I highly recommend GRETA. It is a 5 minute drive from the airport, and there is a TPG bus 66 stop right across the street from it. I live a couple of blocks away, and you are welcome to stop for a cup of coffee.

Both INLINGUA and GRETA are reputable, time tested institutions, focused on language instruction, with well-trained, professional instructors. I have no vested interested in either of them, they are just the two I found completely reliable, as opposed to "boutique" services with a fancy website and not much behind them.

Hi Ioannis, welcome to Geneva. I have not had any experience with the schools you mention, but the international organization I worked for used Inlingua [https://www.inlingua-leman.ch/] for language lessons for our staff, specially for French courses. Click here for  the companies and institutions that use their services.

If you live close to Ferney Voltaire (Saconnex, UN, airport area), you may consider classes at French government-sanctioned GRETA, which is as good as any school in Geneva.

https://www.thelanguagecenter.ch/en/our-schools/the-language-center-ferney-voltaire/

I highly recommend GRETA. It is a 5 minute drive from the airport, and there is a TPG bus 66 stop right across the street from it. I live a couple of blocks away, and you are welcome to stop for a cup of coffee.

Both INLINGUA and GRETA are reputable, time tested institutions, focused on language instruction, with well-trained, professional instructors. I have no vested interested in either of them, they are just the two I found completely reliable, as opposed to "boutique" services with a fancy website and not much behind them.

JR M, Jan 4, 2019 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, I'm doing the same search. I've also found École du Monde, courses at the University https://www.unige.ch/lettres/elcf/coursete/en/french-courses/2-week-course/, Red cross school is also good (but not intensive). 

I'd appreciate if you share your final choice.

Katja

Hi, I'm doing the same search. I've also found École du Monde, courses at the University https://www.unige.ch/lettres/elcf/coursete/en/french-courses/2-week-course/, Red cross school is also good (but not intensive). 

I'd appreciate if you share your final choice.

Katja

Ekaterina K, Jan 4, 2019 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Bonjour Yianni,

You should have a look at Qoclico! Very professionnal, flexible and efficient, online or onsite, intensive or extensive! You can create your own package.

https://www.qoclico.com/en/

Good luck.

Anne-Sophie

Bonjour Yianni,

You should have a look at Qoclico! Very professionnal, flexible and efficient, online or onsite, intensive or extensive! You can create your own package.

https://www.qoclico.com/en/

Good luck.

Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie G, Jan 14, 2019 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I attended ASC IH Geneva on Rue de Lausanne as an absolute beginner and really enjoyed their class format. 4 days of intensive French, 1 day (Wednesday) of revision with a different teacher which was more of a conversation/practical day using what we had learned in the past week. Having that different teacher who concentrated on a less formal, more 'every-day' French was a great way to practice. You could opt out of the Wednesday class and just enrol in 4 days a week if you wanted.

Most of the students in my class were mature adults, some were enrolled by their companies. The teachers I had were great.

I attended ASC IH Geneva on Rue de Lausanne as an absolute beginner and really enjoyed their class format. 4 days of intensive French, 1 day (Wednesday) of revision with a different teacher which was more of a conversation/practical day using what we had learned in the past week. Having that different teacher who concentrated on a less formal, more 'every-day' French was a great way to practice. You could opt out of the Wednesday class and just enrol in 4 days a week if you wanted.

Most of the students in my class were mature adults, some were enrolled by their companies. The teachers I had were great.

Lisa K, Jan 18, 2019 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi! I highly recommend the courses of learning is travelling. Email [email protected],  flexible and good price. courses can be at your  place. Cheers

Hi! I highly recommend the courses of learning is travelling. Email [email protected],  flexible and good price. courses can be at your  place. Cheers

Anisa B, Jan 19, 2019 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

My teacher is so great. very good methodology, comes to my office, email address is [email protected]

My teacher is so great. very good methodology, comes to my office, email address is [email protected]

Jilyan R, Jan 21, 2019 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1169 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form