Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Coming to Geneva - looking for runners, footballers, basketballers and of course housing

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Coming to Geneva - looking for runners, footballers, basketballers and of course housing

Hey everyone,

I will move to Geneva for an internship at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies at the end of August. Although I am already very much looking forward to my time in Geneva, I would be even more excited if I knew about the following ;)

Can you recommend any runners clubs/athletics associations? I am looking for a group that runs sub 40 on the 10k. Maybe also some trail runners - though I never really did this before.

Are there any groups that casually play football or basketball? My skills are terrible but I love playing both.

And of course, as almost everyone, I am looking for a room for up to 1000 CHF. I would love to live in a shared flat as I really don't like coming home to a dark and empty apartment after work. Rather, I would like to have someone to chat, discuss, share a drink or play board games with. I am very tidy, clean and calm. Non-smoker.

Cheers,

Jonathan

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone,

I will move to Geneva for an internship at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies at the end of August. Although I am already very much looking forward to my time in Geneva, I would be even more excited if I knew about the following ;)

Can you recommend any runners clubs/athletics associations? I am looking for a group that runs sub 40 on the 10k. Maybe also some trail runners - though I never really did this before.

Are there any groups that casually play football or basketball? My skills are terrible but I love playing both.

And of course, as almost everyone, I am looking for a room for up to 1000 CHF. I would love to live in a shared flat as I really don't like coming home to a dark and empty apartment after work. Rather, I would like to have someone to chat, discuss, share a drink or play board games with. I am very tidy, clean and calm. Non-smoker.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Jonathan UlrichJul 12, 2019 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Coming to Geneva - looking for runners, footballers, basketballers and of course housing
Post 1

Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Jonathan

Jul 12, 19 13:08

Hello, Jonathon, and welcome to glocals and Geneva.

There’s a mine of information available on this site as you will find if you click the “Groups” and “Classifieds” tabs. You’ll soon have somewhere to live and plenty of friends.

All the best,

Ritchie

Hello, Jonathon, and welcome to glocals and Geneva.

There’s a mine of information available on this site as you will find if you click the “Groups” and “Classifieds” tabs. You’ll soon have somewhere to live and plenty of friends.

All the best,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 12, 2019 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Coming to Geneva - looking for runners, footballers, basketballers and of course housing
Post 2

There is a fairly active hash house harriers here in Geneva that do trail runs...

There is a fairly active hash house harriers here in Geneva that do trail runs...

Karen M, Jul 14, 2019 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

A warm welcome to Geneva Jonathon.

You can always join us, the Geneva Runners.

We do all kinds of running, incl. trail running.

www.genevarunners.com

Looking forward to meeting you - enjoy your stay in Geneva.

A warm welcome to Geneva Jonathon.

You can always join us, the Geneva Runners.

We do all kinds of running, incl. trail running.

www.genevarunners.com

Looking forward to meeting you - enjoy your stay in Geneva.

SWISS, Jul 15, 2019 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Ritchie,

I am glad to hear that. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Best,

Jonathan

Hello Ritchie,

I am glad to hear that. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Best,

Jonathan

Jonathan Ulrich, Jul 18, 2019 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

That sounds good. I will definitely follow up on that once I have settled everything

That sounds good. I will definitely follow up on that once I have settled everything

Jonathan Ulrich, Jul 18, 2019 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Jonathan

Have you found any options for football? I am keen, but with terrible skills !

Hi Jonathan

Have you found any options for football? I am keen, but with terrible skills !

Bennett P, Aug 8, 2019 @ 20:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi guys,

just to let you know that from the first week of September we will be playing indoor football every Friday evening near the train station ;)

Contact me in private if you want more details  

Best,

David

Hi guys,

just to let you know that from the first week of September we will be playing indoor football every Friday evening near the train station ;)

Contact me in private if you want more details  

Best,

David

David ., Aug 17, 2019 @ 23:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi there

Here is the hash house harriers group who run trails every Wed at 7pm

https://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-hash-house-harriers-running-group.htm

Hi there

Here is the hash house harriers group who run trails every Wed at 7pm

https://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-hash-house-harriers-running-group.htm

lucieteal, Aug 19, 2019 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello Jonathan, 

My partner (Dariush) and I are in almost the exact same boat. I start an Internship at IOM next week and he is joining me in Geneva as soon as we find a flat. We are both keen runners and he LOVES football, we also like a boardgame evening. I don't know how you've got on looking for an apartment, we are actualy planning on looking on the French side (Ferney-Voltaire). If you find a football club or even a regular kick-about, Dariush would be very interested!

Good luck,

Lily 

Hello Jonathan, 

My partner (Dariush) and I are in almost the exact same boat. I start an Internship at IOM next week and he is joining me in Geneva as soon as we find a flat. We are both keen runners and he LOVES football, we also like a boardgame evening. I don't know how you've got on looking for an apartment, we are actualy planning on looking on the French side (Ferney-Voltaire). If you find a football club or even a regular kick-about, Dariush would be very interested!

Good luck,

Lily 

Lily Calder, Aug 21, 2019 @ 20:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Jonathan, 

Good luck,

Lily 

Aug 21, 19 20:31

Welcome to glocals, Geneva  and neighbouring France!

For accommodation you won’t do better than checking the Classifieds where you’ll find plenty of offers as well as the opportunity to place an ad. of your own.

Then check the “Groups” for activities galore plus “Things to do” for the latest “what’s on” events.

You’ll be spoiled for choice.

All the best, R.

Welcome to glocals, Geneva  and neighbouring France!

For accommodation you won’t do better than checking the Classifieds where you’ll find plenty of offers as well as the opportunity to place an ad. of your own.

Then check the “Groups” for activities galore plus “Things to do” for the latest “what’s on” events.

You’ll be spoiled for choice.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Aug 21, 2019 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form