Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Expat moving to Geneva and looking for a room

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Expat moving to Geneva and looking for a room

My name is Joan and I am 25 years old. I was born and raised in Mallorca.I also lived in Barcelona for 6 years where I did my Bachelor’s in Physics and worked for a technological consultancy company. After that, in September 2022, I moved to the Netherlands to study at TU Delft a Master's Degree in Applied Physics. I am moving to Geneva in June due to a job opportunity and I am looking for a room.

I would say I am an outdoorsy person, and I am really looking forward to moving to Geneva and enjoy its beautiful nature. I like spending my free time with my friends and family, a good book or doing any kind of sport (football, cycling, tennis, volleyball…).

If you know about a room or anything, please reach out. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

The text you are quoting:

My name is Joan and I am 25 years old. I was born and raised in Mallorca.I also lived in Barcelona for 6 years where I did my Bachelor’s in Physics and worked for a technological consultancy company. After that, in September 2022, I moved to the Netherlands to study at TU Delft a Master's Degree in Applied Physics. I am moving to Geneva in June due to a job opportunity and I am looking for a room.

I would say I am an outdoorsy person, and I am really looking forward to moving to Geneva and enjoy its beautiful nature. I like spending my free time with my friends and family, a good book or doing any kind of sport (football, cycling, tennis, volleyball…).

If you know about a room or anything, please reach out. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Joan Mascaro RosselloMay 7, 2024 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 184 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Expat moving to Geneva and looking for a room
Post 1

To be honest, house hunting in Geneva isn't easy. For the first few months you would need an AirBnb. 

Everyone would probably ask you for 3 payslips/attestation from employer + work permit + non-pursuit document so all of this may take up to a month or more.

After that check for offers in the classified section here. 

To be honest, house hunting in Geneva isn't easy. For the first few months you would need an AirBnb. 

Everyone would probably ask you for 3 payslips/attestation from employer + work permit + non-pursuit document so all of this may take up to a month or more.

After that check for offers in the classified section here. 

Ishan Bhatkoti, May 9, 2024 @ 16:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Expat moving to Geneva and looking for a room
Post 2

Hi,

I have a one bedroom sublet apartment available July 1.

The apartment is in Carouge.

Let me know if interested to set up a viewing.

Regards,

Tina

Hi,

I have a one bedroom sublet apartment available July 1.

The apartment is in Carouge.

Let me know if interested to set up a viewing.

Regards,

Tina

tina r, May 10, 2024 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 184 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form