Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Finally good weather ...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Finally good weather ...
Hi All,

I have moved to Geneva six weeks ago and for the first four thought this was the worst place in the world: cloudy, dark, cold, and rainy all day through. As you can imagine - just have a look outside - I have finally made my peace with the city and start to enjoy it.

After having spend the last eight years in Germany in various jobs and companies, I had decided the time for a change had come - and since my company had been bought by an even bigger one who coincidently also resides in Geneva with their European Headquarters, I "ended up" here.

Get in touch if you like - I'm more than happy to meet new people as the base of friends in a new city always tends to be rather small.

Why have I picked GShumway as a screename? Hard to say why I kept to that - I have never particularly liked the ALF sitcom, but for some reason his real name - Gordon Shumway - got stuck with me and I had originally used it when I opened my first AOL account.

Looking forward to meeting all of you - thank you very much GOL for providing this platform - I do think it is a fantastic job that you are doing !!!
The text you are quoting:
Hi All,

I have moved to Geneva six weeks ago and for the first four thought this was the worst place in the world: cloudy, dark, cold, and rainy all day through. As you can imagine - just have a look outside - I have finally made my peace with the city and start to enjoy it.

After having spend the last eight years in Germany in various jobs and companies, I had decided the time for a change had come - and since my company had been bought by an even bigger one who coincidently also resides in Geneva with their European Headquarters, I "ended up" here.

Get in touch if you like - I'm more than happy to meet new people as the base of friends in a new city always tends to be rather small.

Why have I picked GShumway as a screename? Hard to say why I kept to that - I have never particularly liked the ALF sitcom, but for some reason his real name - Gordon Shumway - got stuck with me and I had originally used it when I opened my first AOL account.

Looking forward to meeting all of you - thank you very much GOL for providing this platform - I do think it is a fantastic job that you are doing !!!
GShumwayApr 20, 2006 @ 22:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 935 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Finally good weather ...
Post 1
interesting choice of a name - an alien? Well, you won't be alien for much longer with GOL:-)

Enjoy Geneva in spring/summer - it's definitely THE BEST. Get away from the office in time to enjoy during the week as well,I'm trying to do the same:-)
ciao and see ya
KC
interesting choice of a name - an alien? Well, you won't be alien for much longer with GOL:-)

Enjoy Geneva in spring/summer - it's definitely THE BEST. Get away from the office in time to enjoy during the week as well,I'm trying to do the same:-)
ciao and see ya
KC
kitty_cat, Apr 21, 2006 @ 00:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Finally good weather ...
Post 2
... but at the time I watched ALF, it was in German :-)
... but at the time I watched ALF, it was in German :-)
GShumway, Apr 21, 2006 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 935 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form