Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Fresh in from California/New York

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Fresh in from California/New York
Hello Everyone!

Just got into Geneva a few days ago, and someone told me about this site so I decided to check it out. Anyway, I'm a law student from New York City, but originally from California, and am now in Geneva for a summer internship.

I'm pretty outgoing and want to meet people to go out, hang, watch the World Cup, and perhaps do a little traveling. I also hope to better my fairly beginner french. I could help you with your Spanish is exchange if you wish. (I use to live in Spain)

-Marco
The text you are quoting:
Hello Everyone!

Just got into Geneva a few days ago, and someone told me about this site so I decided to check it out. Anyway, I'm a law student from New York City, but originally from California, and am now in Geneva for a summer internship.

I'm pretty outgoing and want to meet people to go out, hang, watch the World Cup, and perhaps do a little traveling. I also hope to better my fairly beginner french. I could help you with your Spanish is exchange if you wish. (I use to live in Spain)

-Marco
Marco_81Jun 19, 2006 @ 02:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1109 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Fresh in from California/New York
Post 1
Greetings from a fellow Californian (although I've only briefly spent time in NY!) Geneva is a great place for all of the things you mentioned (thanks to GoL) and you can't beat the location for traveling. Enjoy the summer!

~Debbie
Greetings from a fellow Californian (although I've only briefly spent time in NY!) Geneva is a great place for all of the things you mentioned (thanks to GoL) and you can't beat the location for traveling. Enjoy the summer!

~Debbie
Debbie, Jun 19, 2006 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
seems to send a lot of people here (including myself).
I saw on your profile that the nightlife hasn't wowed you so far. Well, Geneva is no NY / LA / SF / London. Sorry, but it's true! HOWEVER, there are some great places that will keep you more than entertained for the summer. Be sure to check out places along the lake after work (La Terrasse, La Tour Carre). And depending on what kind of nightlife you're into, there's everything from bars to clubs that pull in major DJs (Weetamix). If you're into the alternative scene, check out Usine. And, of course, there are all of the events on the member activities board!
Hope that helps....
seems to send a lot of people here (including myself).
I saw on your profile that the nightlife hasn't wowed you so far. Well, Geneva is no NY / LA / SF / London. Sorry, but it's true! HOWEVER, there are some great places that will keep you more than entertained for the summer. Be sure to check out places along the lake after work (La Terrasse, La Tour Carre). And depending on what kind of nightlife you're into, there's everything from bars to clubs that pull in major DJs (Weetamix). If you're into the alternative scene, check out Usine. And, of course, there are all of the events on the member activities board!
Hope that helps....
tiffany, Jun 19, 2006 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hey Debbie,

Thanks for the welcome. Although Im only here for a short period of time, I hope to meet you some day. Its always good to see another californian. Where in Cali are you from? What are you doing out here in Geneve?

-Marco
Hey Debbie,

Thanks for the welcome. Although Im only here for a short period of time, I hope to meet you some day. Its always good to see another californian. Where in Cali are you from? What are you doing out here in Geneve?

-Marco
Marco_81, Jun 19, 2006 @ 18:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hey Tiffany,

Thanks for the advice. I'ma check those places out. Hopefully, I'll see you around at one of these GOL shindigs. Where in Cali are you from?

-Marco
Hey Tiffany,

Thanks for the advice. I'ma check those places out. Hopefully, I'll see you around at one of these GOL shindigs. Where in Cali are you from?

-Marco
Marco_81, Jun 19, 2006 @ 18:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Vale Tasmin,

Voy a ver de q Ginebra tiene q ofrecer. Hay algo q me recomendar?as? He ido a la fete de la musique este fin de semana pasada, pero no s? cuando son las otras fiestas. Seguro que GOL me avisar?a. De donde eres tu? Yo vi q eres una abogada. De que tipo de derecho dedicas? A ver, espero q nos vemos alguno de estos d?as.

Besos,
Marco
Vale Tasmin,

Voy a ver de q Ginebra tiene q ofrecer. Hay algo q me recomendar?as? He ido a la fete de la musique este fin de semana pasada, pero no s? cuando son las otras fiestas. Seguro que GOL me avisar?a. De donde eres tu? Yo vi q eres una abogada. De que tipo de derecho dedicas? A ver, espero q nos vemos alguno de estos d?as.

Besos,
Marco
Marco_81, Jun 19, 2006 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
you're fresh off the boat then...welcome to Geneva and to GoL.

Geneva is a cool place, althogh the beginning (like in most other cities) can be a bit difficult.

Use GoL and it's friendly people - it can make a huge difference.

See you offline and online,

Nir
you're fresh off the boat then...welcome to Geneva and to GoL.

Geneva is a cool place, althogh the beginning (like in most other cities) can be a bit difficult.

Use GoL and it's friendly people - it can make a huge difference.

See you offline and online,

Nir
Nir Ofek, Jun 20, 2006 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hey man, thanks. Hopefully this GoL thing pans out well. Anyway, I'll see you around too.

Hey man, thanks. Hopefully this GoL thing pans out well. Anyway, I'll see you around too.

Marco_81, Jun 21, 2006 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Hi Marco,

I'm just getting settled myself and am here for the summer too. I live in San Francisco :) Have a great summer.

Janee
Hi Marco,

I'm just getting settled myself and am here for the summer too. I live in San Francisco :) Have a great summer.

Janee
Janee, Jun 21, 2006 @ 18:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Hey Janee,

Frisco in the house. I'm actually from SoCal (Orange County) and I just got into Geneva too. I'll see you around town, hopefully at one of these functions...

-Marco
Hey Janee,

Frisco in the house. I'm actually from SoCal (Orange County) and I just got into Geneva too. I'll see you around town, hopefully at one of these functions...

-Marco
Marco_81, Jun 21, 2006 @ 19:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1109 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form