Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Froggie looking for international hikers and climbers

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Froggie looking for international hikers and climbers

Hello all,

I recently moved to gva from london where i worked for a couple years, and I quite enjoy outdoor activities, mainly hiking and bouldering/rock climbing which i  practice in the region all year round.

I now regularly go to the psychobloc at bain des paquis during lunch breaks, and to the TOTEM bouldering space in Versoix 1/2 times a week, alone or with friends. Usually I cycle there from cornavin or take the train (appx 20 min, only costs a simple tpg all gva ticket-3 chf).

Weekends i take my two seater van up to the jura/alps for one to two day hikes.

Anyone keen to join?

Paul

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

I recently moved to gva from london where i worked for a couple years, and I quite enjoy outdoor activities, mainly hiking and bouldering/rock climbing which i  practice in the region all year round.

I now regularly go to the psychobloc at bain des paquis during lunch breaks, and to the TOTEM bouldering space in Versoix 1/2 times a week, alone or with friends. Usually I cycle there from cornavin or take the train (appx 20 min, only costs a simple tpg all gva ticket-3 chf).

Weekends i take my two seater van up to the jura/alps for one to two day hikes.

Anyone keen to join?

Paul

Paul Adrien BJul 17, 2019 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 828 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Froggie looking for international hikers and climbers
Post 1

Hi Paul!

In case you haven't seen it there's a facebook group, Grimpeurs romands, that can be helpful for finding climbing buddies too Smile

Andrew 

Hi Paul!

In case you haven't seen it there's a facebook group, Grimpeurs romands, that can be helpful for finding climbing buddies too Smile

Andrew 

andrew k, Jul 17, 2019 @ 13:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hi Paul 

Any hiking planned for Sunday?

Thanks 

hi Paul 

Any hiking planned for Sunday?

Thanks 

Charlotte Allsopp, Jul 18, 2019 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Charlotte!

Unfortunately im pretty booked over the next two weekends, but ill definitely have some time on my hands moving into august!

Will let you know when I start planning my next hike... what kind of hikes do you tend to go on?

On my side i usually go for medium/difficult ones of 5/6 jours over a day, sometimes two or three if I have some available time

-I am actually trying to get some time off over next week (tue-fri) to work on my van and go up to the mountain for a quick hike. are you free weekdays?

-Am also looking at trekking around the dents du midi over 4 days sometime 3rd week of august, check it out here. https://www.valais.ch/en/activities/hiking/hiking-tours/dents-du-midi-tour

p

Hi Charlotte!

Unfortunately im pretty booked over the next two weekends, but ill definitely have some time on my hands moving into august!

Will let you know when I start planning my next hike... what kind of hikes do you tend to go on?

On my side i usually go for medium/difficult ones of 5/6 jours over a day, sometimes two or three if I have some available time

-I am actually trying to get some time off over next week (tue-fri) to work on my van and go up to the mountain for a quick hike. are you free weekdays?

-Am also looking at trekking around the dents du midi over 4 days sometime 3rd week of august, check it out here. https://www.valais.ch/en/activities/hiking/hiking-tours/dents-du-midi-tour

p

Paul Adrien B, Jul 18, 2019 @ 15:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

There are usually hikes organized during the weekend on Glocals.

You could also check out Compagnons de rando romandie on Faceboook.

There are usually hikes organized during the weekend on Glocals.

You could also check out Compagnons de rando romandie on Faceboook.

Karin E, Jul 19, 2019 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 828 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form