Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello + Bonjour!

Hello,

I just moved to Geneva last month from Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA (it is about 90 mins away from Chicago if that is a more familiar!).

I am very excited to be here working on an assignment with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

I am excited to join for activities and to make some new friends while I am here for the next six months or so! Some of my favorite things to do are long distance running, watching movies, hiking and reading & making zines. I am hoping to visit Zurich where I hear there is a great bookstore to check out.

I studied French a little in school but have not had much chance to use it since I have been here since there are so many English speakers, so I will definitely be looking for opportunities to practice since it is much harder to find in the US where I live.

Hope to meet you at an event soon!

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I just moved to Geneva last month from Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA (it is about 90 mins away from Chicago if that is a more familiar!).

I am very excited to be here working on an assignment with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

I am excited to join for activities and to make some new friends while I am here for the next six months or so! Some of my favorite things to do are long distance running, watching movies, hiking and reading & making zines. I am hoping to visit Zurich where I hear there is a great bookstore to check out.

I studied French a little in school but have not had much chance to use it since I have been here since there are so many English speakers, so I will definitely be looking for opportunities to practice since it is much harder to find in the US where I live.

Nicole GulatzApr 4, 2022 @ 15:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1144 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello + Bonjour!
Post 1

Welcome!

Welcome!

Michel D, Apr 4, 2022 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

Apr 4, 22 15:31

Dear Nicole.

A warm welcome to Genev, and I hope you have a great time in Switzerland.

Incredible, we - the Geneva Runners had several long distance runners from Milwauke, some of them have become lifelong friends.

We still have several “very serious“ long distance runners out and about.

Just come out and join us. Looking forward to seeing you.

Happy running, best wishes,

Helen

Dear Nicole.

A warm welcome to Genev, and I hope you have a great time in Switzerland.

Incredible, we - the Geneva Runners had several long distance runners from Milwauke, some of them have become lifelong friends.

We still have several “very serious“ long distance runners out and about.

Just come out and join us. Looking forward to seeing you.

Happy running, best wishes,

Helen

SWISS, Apr 4, 2022 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Glocals Member Drinks - Open to all members! – Geneva – glocals activities & events

! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Nicole and welcome to Geneva.

No need to tell us where Milwaukee is, we happen to know a good fellow from there!

Hello Nicole and welcome to Geneva.

No need to tell us where Milwaukee is, we happen to know a good fellow from there!

TheOmegaMan, Apr 29, 2022 @ 17:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1144 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form