Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello!
My name is Lorenia, and I just moved to Geneva about a week ago. The apartment hunt is going awful, haven't been able to find anything furnished, good size, good price yet, but I'm sure something will pop up. :P

I moved here after spending a while in Spain, before that Denmark, and before *that* I worked in Cancun a couple years. I'm 24, a professional translator/editor, and I joined this site in hopes of meeting a few nice people, as I know NO ONE in the city. :)

I'm friendly and pretty outgoing.
The text you are quoting:
My name is Lorenia, and I just moved to Geneva about a week ago. The apartment hunt is going awful, haven't been able to find anything furnished, good size, good price yet, but I'm sure something will pop up. :P

I moved here after spending a while in Spain, before that Denmark, and before *that* I worked in Cancun a couple years. I'm 24, a professional translator/editor, and I joined this site in hopes of meeting a few nice people, as I know NO ONE in the city. :)

I'm friendly and pretty outgoing.
LoreniaJun 28, 2006 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 962 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello!
Post 1
Even the CERN accomodation/housing services haven't been much help. Everything is so far away or tiny. I've found a couple that seem okay online, but waiting for email replies and calling numbers where people don't answer is kind of agonizing. haha

I've seen a couple activities I might be interested in. I'll have to check 'em out!
Even the CERN accomodation/housing services haven't been much help. Everything is so far away or tiny. I've found a couple that seem okay online, but waiting for email replies and calling numbers where people don't answer is kind of agonizing. haha

I've seen a couple activities I might be interested in. I'll have to check 'em out!
Lorenia, Jun 28, 2006 @ 17:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
hey hi.. it is quite difficult to get an appartment here,(not find but get). You should contact the regies and see if something s available, also check out the newspapers GHI. Remember to make an appointment in the mornings (to check out the flats), so you could be one of the first to hand in your documents to the Regie s:
Heres a website thats useful:
www.escapeartist.com.
and regie contact:

R?gie du Rh?ne S.A.
Pl. du Molard 3
1204 Gen?ve
Suisse
Tel : 022 319 97 97 (they are helpful).
Good luck..

hey hi.. it is quite difficult to get an appartment here,(not find but get). You should contact the regies and see if something s available, also check out the newspapers GHI. Remember to make an appointment in the mornings (to check out the flats), so you could be one of the first to hand in your documents to the Regie s:
Heres a website thats useful:
www.escapeartist.com.
and regie contact:

R?gie du Rh?ne S.A.
Pl. du Molard 3
1204 Gen?ve
Suisse
Tel : 022 319 97 97 (they are helpful).
Good luck..

luluzinja, Jun 28, 2006 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Yes, the apartment search is terrible here. Tasmin's recos are good, though. She also posted a few more suggestions in the "where/how" forum a few days ago -- I think under the headline of something like "reasonable hotels." So check those out,a nd maybe something will turn up. Good luck! See you at a new member drinks sometime soon!
Yes, the apartment search is terrible here. Tasmin's recos are good, though. She also posted a few more suggestions in the "where/how" forum a few days ago -- I think under the headline of something like "reasonable hotels." So check those out,a nd maybe something will turn up. Good luck! See you at a new member drinks sometime soon!
tiffany, Jun 28, 2006 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Glad to see you promptly joined....told you it was a great website!
Glad to see you promptly joined....told you it was a great website!
Jillybeano, Jun 29, 2006 @ 02:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
:)

And we may have found a place! It's at the top of our budget, but it includes utilities and inet, fully furnished, washer, perfect location for both of us. I hope no one sees it before we do tomorrow and steals it!
:)

And we may have found a place! It's at the top of our budget, but it includes utilities and inet, fully furnished, washer, perfect location for both of us. I hope no one sees it before we do tomorrow and steals it!
Lorenia, Jun 29, 2006 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
A lot of the places we've seen want to start renting in August. So the recommendation of reasonable hotels is a good one, as we might have to find a place to stay for a month if we can't find a reasonable sublet.

So far this site is great. Everyone has had very useful advice. :)
A lot of the places we've seen want to start renting in August. So the recommendation of reasonable hotels is a good one, as we might have to find a place to stay for a month if we can't find a reasonable sublet.

So far this site is great. Everyone has had very useful advice. :)
Lorenia, Jun 29, 2006 @ 13:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Jill gave you the right advice...(-:

welcome to the community. seems you've been traveling a lot...will you stick around Geneva for a while?

Nir
Jill gave you the right advice...(-:

welcome to the community. seems you've been traveling a lot...will you stick around Geneva for a while?

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 29, 2006 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 962 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form