Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello

Hello Everybody!

Yes, I am new to Geneva :-o

I just found out about GOL in the last few days and I think you guy’s rock. I received very welcoming messages from many of you and met (and missed) some last night at Burrio Latino. Luisito, I need help! :))

When I knew I was coming to Geneva just before Christmas, I looked for online communities. I had started one myself when I was living in Munich, Germany, and I knew they work. By the way, if you know anyone moving to Munich… http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anitalianinmunich/
…it is not as good as GOL but the people there are as nice and it may help someone new moving there ;)

I am originally from Italy and lived in Germany, Japan and the United States. I work for the Hewlett-Packard Company and I will start in a new job in February. I am just here for few more days before going back to the States, and coming back in February. Geneva will be my home base although I will probably be traveling a lot. My first six months will be in an assignment in Italy.

I like sport and outdoor activities – so, if you need a team player or a buddy… I am also looking for a rowing club… Sailing should not be a problem here in Geneva, but if you have a Laser sitting undisturbed at the dock… just let me know ;)

That’s a little about me. I look forward to meeting many more of you soon and if I can ever help in any way, please let me know.

So long and warm wishes of a very happy new year,

Tommaso :)

The text you are quoting:

Hello Everybody!

Yes, I am new to Geneva :-o

I just found out about GOL in the last few days and I think you guy’s rock. I received very welcoming messages from many of you and met (and missed) some last night at Burrio Latino. Luisito, I need help! :))

When I knew I was coming to Geneva just before Christmas, I looked for online communities. I had started one myself when I was living in Munich, Germany, and I knew they work. By the way, if you know anyone moving to Munich… http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anitalianinmunich/
…it is not as good as GOL but the people there are as nice and it may help someone new moving there ;)

I am originally from Italy and lived in Germany, Japan and the United States. I work for the Hewlett-Packard Company and I will start in a new job in February. I am just here for few more days before going back to the States, and coming back in February. Geneva will be my home base although I will probably be traveling a lot. My first six months will be in an assignment in Italy.

I like sport and outdoor activities – so, if you need a team player or a buddy… I am also looking for a rowing club… Sailing should not be a problem here in Geneva, but if you have a Laser sitting undisturbed at the dock… just let me know ;)

That’s a little about me. I look forward to meeting many more of you soon and if I can ever help in any way, please let me know.

So long and warm wishes of a very happy new year,

Tommaso :)

tomixJan 5, 2006 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1046 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello
Post 1
hallo stephan, nice to meet you. i don't think munich has changed much, the usual cool people and the usual "shiki michi" (not sure how you guys spell it :-D )
i miss the bier gartens :) until spring though, an indoor bier would be great ;) just let me know...
hallo stephan, nice to meet you. i don't think munich has changed much, the usual cool people and the usual "shiki michi" (not sure how you guys spell it :-D )
i miss the bier gartens :) until spring though, an indoor bier would be great ;) just let me know...
tomix, Jan 5, 2006 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
nice intro, and seems indeed like you've had an interestign life so far...(-:

welcome to Geneva and to GoL, and hope to meet you soon...

Nir
nice intro, and seems indeed like you've had an interestign life so far...(-:

welcome to Geneva and to GoL, and hope to meet you soon...

Nir
Nir Ofek, Jan 6, 2006 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
hello nir, nice to *meet* you too. thanks for your welcome and your comment. *interesting* is a relative concept :) although i feel lucky enough to be in geneva now ;)
see you soon!
hello nir, nice to *meet* you too. thanks for your welcome and your comment. *interesting* is a relative concept :) although i feel lucky enough to be in geneva now ;)
see you soon!
tomix, Jan 6, 2006 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
it's Tommaso... with 2 "M" and 1 "S" lol

Welcome on board tola and see you when you're back in Geneva
Phoebs