Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello lively geneva people!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello lively geneva people!
Hello there,after a long reflection and the open invitation of many good member friends, I dedided to join this community.

At the beggining I just came to Geneva for 4 months and next august I'll be celebrating my 4th anniversary in town. We all complain about Geneva, and I would never finish If I set a checking list with all the reasons, but at the end this place has a "je ne sais pas quoi" that makes you get sticked in here, besides all our regrets.

Of course making worth friends it's the most painfull task in this town, well...it seems not to be a problem anymore...,in particular GVA is like a big airport, lots of people in transit and looking fwd to leaving at a certain point, so once u've made a good friend, she/he leaves and u have to start from zero...well this is becoming a venezuelan soap opera!

To make it short, I have met great people here and if you check my profile you'll see a sample of them (great mates by the way), but since few months ago, many good friends have also been leaving, and I really miss these gatherings at their places having a few drinks, some finger food, chatting around, planing trips, and of course costume parties!!!. All this things are much more enjoyable for me than going out in this VIP pretending geneva night scene where people just show off and pretend that they are having a blast of a time, and en plus you have to pay a fortune to see fashion TV in real...

All this pushed me to get here and I'm really looking fwd to getting to know woth people to keep enjoying Geneva as I've done it so far...

See you soon!
Fabio
The text you are quoting:
Hello there,after a long reflection and the open invitation of many good member friends, I dedided to join this community.

At the beggining I just came to Geneva for 4 months and next august I'll be celebrating my 4th anniversary in town. We all complain about Geneva, and I would never finish If I set a checking list with all the reasons, but at the end this place has a "je ne sais pas quoi" that makes you get sticked in here, besides all our regrets.

Of course making worth friends it's the most painfull task in this town, well...it seems not to be a problem anymore...,in particular GVA is like a big airport, lots of people in transit and looking fwd to leaving at a certain point, so once u've made a good friend, she/he leaves and u have to start from zero...well this is becoming a venezuelan soap opera!

To make it short, I have met great people here and if you check my profile you'll see a sample of them (great mates by the way), but since few months ago, many good friends have also been leaving, and I really miss these gatherings at their places having a few drinks, some finger food, chatting around, planing trips, and of course costume parties!!!. All this things are much more enjoyable for me than going out in this VIP pretending geneva night scene where people just show off and pretend that they are having a blast of a time, and en plus you have to pay a fortune to see fashion TV in real...

All this pushed me to get here and I'm really looking fwd to getting to know woth people to keep enjoying Geneva as I've done it so far...

See you soon!
Fabio
FabiolousJun 3, 2006 @ 00:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1006 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello lively geneva people!
Post 1
Im glad you decided to join us and Im sure you will meet some great people here.

Hope to see you soon.

Oded
Im glad you decided to join us and Im sure you will meet some great people here.

Hope to see you soon.

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Jun 3, 2006 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
welcum 2 genevaonline...and no worries about missing those costume parties, we all luv them 2!

so c u at the next one... : )
welcum 2 genevaonline...and no worries about missing those costume parties, we all luv them 2!

so c u at the next one... : )
Tigger, Jun 6, 2006 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I can't tell you how many times I've had the following conversation:
Me: "It would be great to hang out sometime."
Cool person I've met: "Yeah, that would be great...but I'm leaving tomorrow for [insert African / Asian country here] for 4 months."

Such is life in Geneva, I guess. The good news is that:
a) those people do sometimes actually call you up once they get back
b) there are more than enough cool people here on GOL to keep you entertained
I can't tell you how many times I've had the following conversation:
Me: "It would be great to hang out sometime."
Cool person I've met: "Yeah, that would be great...but I'm leaving tomorrow for [insert African / Asian country here] for 4 months."

Such is life in Geneva, I guess. The good news is that:
a) those people do sometimes actually call you up once they get back
b) there are more than enough cool people here on GOL to keep you entertained
tiffany, Jun 6, 2006 @ 18:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1006 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form