Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi!
Hello people,

i'm an 21 year old student who's planning to come to GVA at the end of january. Do you know some nice places where I can meet some people and make some new friends? Maybe, someone has some tips for me before I come to GVA or when I land?

Greetz,
Brecht
The text you are quoting:
Hello people,

i'm an 21 year old student who's planning to come to GVA at the end of january. Do you know some nice places where I can meet some people and make some new friends? Maybe, someone has some tips for me before I come to GVA or when I land?

Greetz,
Brecht
BrechtJan 4, 2006 @ 14:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 1205 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi!
Post 1
Brecht, I am also coming to Geneva at the end of the month. that should be ample reason for Sherri to start planning the next new members drinks...Look forward to meeting you!
Brecht, I am also coming to Geneva at the end of the month. that should be ample reason for Sherri to start planning the next new members drinks...Look forward to meeting you!
mindiosu, Jan 4, 2006 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
we will learn them to party!! ;) But, i've just seen the pictures of sindy.ch and i have to confess it's great!! I really look forward to GVA!!
we will learn them to party!! ;) But, i've just seen the pictures of sindy.ch and i have to confess it's great!! I really look forward to GVA!!
Brecht, Jan 4, 2006 @ 20:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
we'll keep in touch! Let me know when and where!!

cya
we'll keep in touch! Let me know when and where!!

cya
Brecht, Jan 5, 2006 @ 02:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
in order of sherri (thx for mail!) I have to tell something about myself.

21 years old (seems te be one of the youngest of GOL?) student out of Belgium. I study Social Policy in Leuven (famous university town). For my internship, I had the possibility to go abroad. I choose for switserland. My goals are learning french, and with this forum, I can assure you that my english also will be better!

I don't know what I have to do in GVA. Some say I can stay at an international studenthome (someone knows that?), my internship will be at a syndicat (maybe I can propose the GVA Social Syndicate??:))

For the rest: ask me if you want to know me. I certainly will answer! Thx for organising such a great onlinecommunity.

Greetz,
Brecht
in order of sherri (thx for mail!) I have to tell something about myself.

21 years old (seems te be one of the youngest of GOL?) student out of Belgium. I study Social Policy in Leuven (famous university town). For my internship, I had the possibility to go abroad. I choose for switserland. My goals are learning french, and with this forum, I can assure you that my english also will be better!

I don't know what I have to do in GVA. Some say I can stay at an international studenthome (someone knows that?), my internship will be at a syndicat (maybe I can propose the GVA Social Syndicate??:))

For the rest: ask me if you want to know me. I certainly will answer! Thx for organising such a great onlinecommunity.

Greetz,
Brecht
Brecht, Jan 5, 2006 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi Brecht,

Welcome to GVA. If you like hiking and meeting people, it's worth a try with AGAS (Association Genevoise des Amis du Sal?ve): http://www.rando-saleve.net/
See you.

Ben
Hi Brecht,

Welcome to GVA. If you like hiking and meeting people, it's worth a try with AGAS (Association Genevoise des Amis du Sal?ve): http://www.rando-saleve.net/
See you.

Ben
BenZen, Jan 5, 2006 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I read your website, and I must say its very interesting!

cya soon
I read your website, and I must say its very interesting!

cya soon
Brecht, Jan 5, 2006 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hi Brecht ;)
Welcome to the site and soon to Geneva...
I LOVE the city where you are studying! I've been there a couple of times (or a bit more then that) to visit some friends that are/were studying there and enjoyed everyminute of it!!

Looking forward to see you around!

Cheers,
Vale
Hi Brecht ;)
Welcome to the site and soon to Geneva...
I LOVE the city where you are studying! I've been there a couple of times (or a bit more then that) to visit some friends that are/were studying there and enjoyed everyminute of it!!

Looking forward to see you around!

Cheers,
Vale
Hoiling, Jan 5, 2006 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Yep, Leuven, nice place to be!! We are proud on Stella!! and of course the biggest and longest pub in the whole world!!

Where did you stay in Leuven?
Yep, Leuven, nice place to be!! We are proud on Stella!! and of course the biggest and longest pub in the whole world!!

Where did you stay in Leuven?
Brecht, Jan 5, 2006 @ 21:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
and yeah I know the bar and of course... STELLA :)

Val
and yeah I know the bar and of course... STELLA :)

Val
Hoiling, Jan 5, 2006 @ 21:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Personally, I prefer JUPILER ;-) but it's a question of geography, I was living near Li?ge!
Ben
Personally, I prefer JUPILER ;-) but it's a question of geography, I was living near Li?ge!
Ben
BenZen, Jan 6, 2006 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
i used to live in Limburg (province) and I grow up with jupiler. But here in Leuven, we have no choice. The beer I like the most is a brown Leffe or Westmalle. But I think they don't know the beer in GVA?
i used to live in Limburg (province) and I grow up with jupiler. But here in Leuven, we have no choice. The beer I like the most is a brown Leffe or Westmalle. But I think they don't know the beer in GVA?
Brecht, Jan 6, 2006 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Yes they do. Calvinus is quite good. You'll find brown Leffe here and... I go back frequently to Belgium and bring back beers but chuuut ;-)
Ben
Yes they do. Calvinus is quite good. You'll find brown Leffe here and... I go back frequently to Belgium and bring back beers but chuuut ;-)
Ben
BenZen, Jan 6, 2006 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
Geneva people do know about brown leffe... a bit less about my favourite... Hoogarden or however it's spelled :) (THE white one)

See you around or at some... BEER EVENT :)

Cheers,
Vale
Geneva people do know about brown leffe... a bit less about my favourite... Hoogarden or however it's spelled :) (THE white one)

See you around or at some... BEER EVENT :)

Cheers,
Vale
Hoiling, Jan 9, 2006 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Hoegaarden (it's a town in Belgium). I have some in my fridge ;-)
The white one, the "Grand Cru" and the "Fruit d?fendu"... Real fans are welcome for a tasting ;-)
Ben
Hoegaarden (it's a town in Belgium). I have some in my fridge ;-)
The white one, the "Grand Cru" and the "Fruit d?fendu"... Real fans are welcome for a tasting ;-)
Ben
BenZen, Jan 9, 2006 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 1205 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form