Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hi, I’m in Geneva for about 6 months, looking for people to get together with who like to go for hikes ( nothing crazy) and explore the area, or just get together for a coffee or aperol! I’m older, ,but energetic!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi, I’m in Geneva for about 6 months, looking for people to get together with who like to go for hikes ( nothing crazy) and explore the area, or just get together for a coffee or aperol! I’m older, ,but energetic!
The text you are quoting:

Victoria WJul 4, 2020 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 1763 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi, I’m in Geneva for about 6 months, looking for people to get together with who like to go for hikes ( nothing crazy) and explore the area, or just get together for a coffee or aperol! I’m older, ,but energetic!
Post 1

Hi Victoria,

I am also old but active, I am moving to Geneva this month starting a new job and don't know anyone there, I enjoy hiking and jogging also play tennis. 

Regards Brian

Hi Victoria,

I am also old but active, I am moving to Geneva this month starting a new job and don't know anyone there, I enjoy hiking and jogging also play tennis. 

Regards Brian

Brian Smith, Jul 6, 2020 @ 12:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Hi, I’m in Geneva for about 6 months, looking for people to get together with who like to go for hikes ( nothing crazy) and explore the area, or just get together for a coffee or aperol! I’m older, ,but energetic!
Post 2

Hi Victoria

I am arriving in Geneva in 10 days. So also new and active. I will be happy to meet you.

Regards. Francois

Hi Victoria

I am arriving in Geneva in 10 days. So also new and active. I will be happy to meet you.

Regards. Francois

Francois C, Jul 7, 2020 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Jul 4, 20 15:53

Hi Victoria,
let me know once you're here. We could grab some coffee, have a glass of wine or take a walk along the lake - it's so beautiful there :)
Cheers
Kerstin

Hi Victoria,
let me know once you're here. We could grab some coffee, have a glass of wine or take a walk along the lake - it's so beautiful there :)
Cheers
Kerstin

Kerstin W, Jul 8, 2020 @ 07:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Victoria,

Happy to go for hikes in the area. I've been here a few years.

Best,

Steve

Hi Victoria,

Happy to go for hikes in the area. I've been here a few years.

Best,

Steve

Steve A, Jul 9, 2020 @ 16:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

If you want to meet some time, send me a message. Cool

If you want to meet some time, send me a message. Cool

Louise M, Jul 9, 2020 @ 23:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Sounds great, would love to get together...

Sounds great, would love to get together...

Victoria W, Jul 11, 2020 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

https://www.rando-saleve.net/sorties.html

david, Jul 13, 2020 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

david, Jul 13, 2020 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Victoria,

The best thing would be for you to create a Glocals Event for a coffee/apéro/hike/walk here: https://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/

Welcome to Geneva!

Hi Victoria,

The best thing would be for you to create a Glocals Event for a coffee/apéro/hike/walk here: https://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/

Welcome to Geneva!

TheOmegaMan, Jul 21, 2020 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi all 

Welcome - for those new to Geneva, it can be hard to tap into local social and cultural life as its rather hidden and happens in smaller social circles. But do not despair (even during COVID19) - Geneva offers amazing outdoors (hiking, biking, sailing, kayaking, swimming etc) as well as usual cafe/bar life etc. 

Let me know if you want to do hiking and I am happy to make recommendations for both local and in Switzerland. Also happy to lead a local hike if you are interested. 

Ann

Hi all 

Welcome - for those new to Geneva, it can be hard to tap into local social and cultural life as its rather hidden and happens in smaller social circles. But do not despair (even during COVID19) - Geneva offers amazing outdoors (hiking, biking, sailing, kayaking, swimming etc) as well as usual cafe/bar life etc. 

Let me know if you want to do hiking and I am happy to make recommendations for both local and in Switzerland. Also happy to lead a local hike if you are interested. 

Ann

Ann Canavan, Jul 21, 2020 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

great Ann, thanks! I signed up for a hike on Sunday. But if you ever want to go for a walk one evening or weekend please let me know! Or if you know of something going on that I could join..

Vicky

great Ann, thanks! I signed up for a hike on Sunday. But if you ever want to go for a walk one evening or weekend please let me know! Or if you know of something going on that I could join..

Vicky

Victoria W, Jul 21, 2020 @ 23:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Glocals hiking activites are posted regularly. Sign up for events posted in Lausanne as well as Geneva.  David Viry as already mentioned his weekly hikes up the Salève which normally attract 20-30 people of all nationalities but not at the moment as I think there is still a restriction of 10 people per group in Hte Savoie

Clubs are not necessarily looking for short terms members but woth looking at Oxygène 74, Geneve Rando and the ski club international de Genève, all of which accept visitprs from time to time. 

rando-74.pagespro-orange.fr

www.geneverando.ch

https://www.scig.ch/en/summer-outings/

Comig from Canada there is a chance you understand french.  All of these clubs have an international membership. In the case of Geneve Rando and Oxygene 74 the language tends to be French but there are people who speak English on the walks 60-70%.  SCIG might be more enlgish leaning but up to Bill Larsen to comment on that.

The advantage of going with a club is that the organisers normally have a mountain leadership certificate

Glocals hiking activites are posted regularly. Sign up for events posted in Lausanne as well as Geneva.  David Viry as already mentioned his weekly hikes up the Salève which normally attract 20-30 people of all nationalities but not at the moment as I think there is still a restriction of 10 people per group in Hte Savoie

Clubs are not necessarily looking for short terms members but woth looking at Oxygène 74, Geneve Rando and the ski club international de Genève, all of which accept visitprs from time to time. 

rando-74.pagespro-orange.fr

www.geneverando.ch

https://www.scig.ch/en/summer-outings/

Comig from Canada there is a chance you understand french.  All of these clubs have an international membership. In the case of Geneve Rando and Oxygene 74 the language tends to be French but there are people who speak English on the walks 60-70%.  SCIG might be more enlgish leaning but up to Bill Larsen to comment on that.

The advantage of going with a club is that the organisers normally have a mountain leadership certificate

Paul E, Jul 23, 2020 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi Victoria! Me too, here for 06 months more! Let me know if you might want to jump into the lake in one of the afternoons!

Regards, 

Chinh

Hi Victoria! Me too, here for 06 months more! Let me know if you might want to jump into the lake in one of the afternoons!

Regards, 

Chinh

CHINH T, Aug 11, 2020 @ 14:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hello Victoria,

It would be a pleasure to meet you in Geneva :-)

if you re interested, I organize food events,
where the goal is to meet new people around a tasty meal

Here is the glocals group: Food N’Friends - Geneva
https://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/food-and-friends.htm

Take care and see you soon,

Hello Victoria,

It would be a pleasure to meet you in Geneva :-)

if you re interested, I organize food events,
where the goal is to meet new people around a tasty meal

Here is the glocals group: Food N’Friends - Geneva
https://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/food-and-friends.htm

Take care and see you soon,

Jaime Barria, Oct 6, 2020 @ 00:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 1763 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form