Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hi Everyone! Soon in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi Everyone! Soon in Geneva

Hi everyone,

my name is David, I plan to move to Geneva right before easter season due to my current company will move me for a while, so I would like to start meeting people, as well as sharing experiences and have a good time and fun. I like sports, especially outdoor: hiking, cyling, skiing, etc as well as to enjoy a nice book or talks together with a coffee or a beer. 

Also, not sure if this is the right place, but looking for a temporary apartment first to have some time to find my final place in the city. All suggestions are more than welcome, so feel free to share it. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

David

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

my name is David, I plan to move to Geneva right before easter season due to my current company will move me for a while, so I would like to start meeting people, as well as sharing experiences and have a good time and fun. I like sports, especially outdoor: hiking, cyling, skiing, etc as well as to enjoy a nice book or talks together with a coffee or a beer. 

Also, not sure if this is the right place, but looking for a temporary apartment first to have some time to find my final place in the city. All suggestions are more than welcome, so feel free to share it. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

David

David MasipFeb 24, 2021 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 653 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi Everyone! Soon in Geneva
Post 1

Hi David and welcome to glocals!

As for temporary apartment I suggest Airbnb. There are enough places to look for and they are mostly in good location. I arrived in Geneva in January and lived in three Airbnb apartments before I found a long term studio (after over 4 weeks).

They usually offer discounts for longer stays so it pays to stay longer at one place.

Apartment hunt (that's a good word for it) is a tough topic and I actually found a studio because I was... lucky and quick... I sent about 4-5 applications to regiés (real estate agencies) but without ANY answer... unfortunately there are hundreds of people looking for apartments every day.

Finally I managed to find an announcement on one of the Facebook groups and was lucky to be chosen from people who PMd the tenant who put on that post. After one week I signed a contract directly with the landlord. There are many tips on finding an apartment, like being quick, smart, trustworthy. But from all of them I recommend to be VERY PATIENT and tenacious.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them - I went through the process very recently :)

Good luck!

Hi David and welcome to glocals!

As for temporary apartment I suggest Airbnb. There are enough places to look for and they are mostly in good location. I arrived in Geneva in January and lived in three Airbnb apartments before I found a long term studio (after over 4 weeks).

They usually offer discounts for longer stays so it pays to stay longer at one place.

Apartment hunt (that's a good word for it) is a tough topic and I actually found a studio because I was... lucky and quick... I sent about 4-5 applications to regiés (real estate agencies) but without ANY answer... unfortunately there are hundreds of people looking for apartments every day.

Finally I managed to find an announcement on one of the Facebook groups and was lucky to be chosen from people who PMd the tenant who put on that post. After one week I signed a contract directly with the landlord. There are many tips on finding an apartment, like being quick, smart, trustworthy. But from all of them I recommend to be VERY PATIENT and tenacious.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them - I went through the process very recently :)

Good luck!

Marek N, Feb 25, 2021 @ 00:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Hi Everyone! Soon in Geneva
Post 2

Hi everyone,

Kind regards,

David

Feb 24, 21 10:06

First of all, welcome to glocals!

You’ll find lots of information on the site including accommodation in the Classifieds – not only offers but also the facility to post your own ad.

Also be sure to check the “Members” and “Things to do” tabs to find like-minded spirits and compatriots who know the local ropes and can help you settle in.

All the best,

Ritchie

First of all, welcome to glocals!

You’ll find lots of information on the site including accommodation in the Classifieds – not only offers but also the facility to post your own ad.

Also be sure to check the “Members” and “Things to do” tabs to find like-minded spirits and compatriots who know the local ropes and can help you settle in.

All the best,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Feb 25, 2021 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 653 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form